Single Rider

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Single Rider

Post by Amy » May Tue 31, 2011 8:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Well... for locals it's too cold to go but for people from the colder parts of the US it's still shorts and t-shirt weather in January.
Ding...ding...ding...ding...ding! I wore shorts for almost the whole trip in December just because it was way warmer in WDW than it was at home :mrgreen: plus I only brought one pair of pants :roll:

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » May Tue 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Well... for locals it's too cold to go but for people from the colder parts of the US it's still shorts and t-shirt weather in January.
Ding...ding...ding...ding...ding! I wore shorts for almost the whole trip in December just because it was way warmer in WDW than it was at home :mrgreen: plus I only brought one pair of pants :roll:
I'm the same way, although I can't really talk, I'm one of those people who only doesn't wear shorts if it's in the 20s or below
"now, bring me that horizon"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 31, 2011 9:02 pm

leblanan wrote:
Amy wrote:
I'm the same way, although I can't really talk, I'm one of those people who only doesn't wear shorts if it's in the 20s or below
People were complaining about the cold, but I was just happy there was no snow and ice accompanying the cold! :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Amy wrote:
Hmmmmmmm, I remember from your trip reports you frequently complained about the cold weather - now I know why it was sooooo cold! Amy! Only one pair of pants?!? Who did your packing - boilerdude? :wink: :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Are you full on german by any chance? They don't wash their clothes as frequently. It was hell at the institute when I got in an elevator with one.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 01, 2011 6:34 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
Hmmmmmmm, I remember from your trip reports you frequently complained about the cold weather - now I know why it was sooooo cold! Amy! Only one pair of pants?!? Who did your packing - boilerdude? :wink: :lol:
I was going to Florida ~ hello!!! Land of the sunshine and warm temperatures!!?? ;)
Wizzard419 wrote:Are you full on german by any chance? They don't wash their clothes as frequently. It was hell at the institute when I got in an elevator with one.
I am indeed part German but I do bathe and launder my clothes with some regularity :roll: That's why I wore my shorts so much, I had packed plenty of those :lol:

All joking aside, there were only a few days where I was downright chilly. Luckily F1gment had worn her down coat to the airport and not listened to me when I told her she should leave it in the car, otherwise she would have frozen :shock: Or had a very nice $300 souvenir coat!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 01, 2011 8:55 am

Sorry, Amy, but Florida has winter too. We get those cold fronts that dip down from North (we blame Canada, not global warming)....

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 11:48 am

We get winter for a few weeks a year here, and we occasionally steal Seatle's rain. Apparently just a short period without it seems to trigger droughts for them.