Nap-worthy attractions

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Wed 12, 2011 12:38 pm

pixiesparkles wrote:I have never had an attraction "nap", but my husband sure has (don't know how or why)...Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, France movie, Tikki Room, and sad to say, even Small World.
I didn't see this one. I thought I could go to sleep anywhere!! This man is now my "HERO"!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Wed 19, 2011 4:33 pm

pixiesparkles wrote:I have never had an attraction "nap", but my husband sure has (don't know how or why)...Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, France movie, Tikki Room, and sad to say, even Small World.
Kudos to your hubby for sleeping on IASW. That's one I thought no one could nap on, what with that song pounding in your head! :lol:

wdwmedia
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wdwmedia » Oct Fri 28, 2011 6:56 am

I don't really define any attraction as nap-worthy. There have been times I have fallen asleep in several though just from being exhausted by pushing so hard.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Fri 28, 2011 7:32 am

I've napped on Ellen's Energy Adventure. There is nothing like a nice, long, slow-moving ride with looooong bench seats for a quickie (nap that is).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 28, 2011 11:19 am

agingerbugg wrote:I've napped on Ellen's Energy Adventure. There is nothing like a nice, long, slow-moving ride with looooong bench seats for a quickie (nap that is).
:lol: why agingerbugg, that was almost scandalous! :shock: How I've missed you!

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Fri 28, 2011 12:12 pm

:wink:

Glad to be back.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Mon 16, 2012 6:17 pm

It's probably terrible to say this, but we had a Tower room Contemporary room, Magic Kingdom view (I got lucky with an EARLY conference reservation) and the wife SLEPT through most of the MK fireworks - I'd have the sound in the room up, curtains open, and before the first BOOM she'd be out like a light. Me? Out on the balcony...

I have been known to sleep in UOE, though, and I have taken a row to myself (behind the wife and nephew) and snoozed very well!

We almost froze to death in Tokyo Disney Sea, but that's another story...not sure if Frozen = Nap, but I mention it anyway.

:wave:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 16, 2012 6:34 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:It's probably terrible to say this, but we had a Tower room Contemporary room, Magic Kingdom view (I got lucky with an EARLY conference reservation) and the wife SLEPT through most of the MK fireworks - I'd have the sound in the room up, curtains open, and before the first BOOM she'd be out like a light. Me? Out on the balcony...

I have been known to sleep in UOE, though, and I have taken a row to myself (behind the wife and nephew) and snoozed very well!

We almost froze to death in Tokyo Disney Sea, but that's another story...not sure if Frozen = Nap, but I mention it anyway.

:wave:
Sleeping through the fireworks?! :shock: That's sad!
I almost froze at Tokyo Disney Sea too! Were you there in December? The cold does make you a bit slower...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 16, 2012 6:36 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote: I have been known to sleep in UOE, though, and I have taken a row to myself (behind the wife and nephew) and snoozed very well!
I didn't even need to take up a whole row by myself, and I had room for a snooze...

...and still comfy too... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 16, 2012 6:39 pm

mindflipper wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote: I have been known to sleep in UOE, though, and I have taken a row to myself (behind the wife and nephew) and snoozed very well!
I didn't even need to take up a whole row by myself, and I had room for a snooze...

...and still comfy too... :wink:
Hmmm, since I don't see anyone at your feet, who's lap were you using as a pillow?!? :shock: ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Amy: never go anywhere without a camera bag. Among its many uses: pillow. :wink:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Mon 16, 2012 8:39 pm

The only problem is that those "seats" are hard plastic! But you can stretch out, and the ride is pretty slow, and flat, so it was great nap time. It was YEARS ago, and we were taking the nephews, one at a time, through the parks. Had each in the camper at Fort Wilderness with us for a week, would trade off for another one, and so forth. Running the same touring plan, three times in a row, for three weeks straight, found the wife and I really looking forward to naps!
UncleScrooge477

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 16, 2012 11:17 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:The only problem is that those "seats" are hard plastic!
And yet, it was just as comfortable as my bed at the Yacht Club! :wink: :lol: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 17, 2012 8:14 am

mindflipper wrote:Amy: never go anywhere without a camera bag. Among its many uses: pillow. :wink:
Ahhhh! I see :D I would have to get a bigger bag :roll: :lol:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:The only problem is that those "seats" are hard plastic! But you can stretch out, and the ride is pretty slow, and flat, so it was great nap time. It was YEARS ago, and we were taking the nephews, one at a time, through the parks. Had each in the camper at Fort Wilderness with us for a week, would trade off for another one, and so forth. Running the same touring plan, three times in a row, for three weeks straight, found the wife and I really looking forward to naps!
Oh my goodness, that would get a little old I would think. Might I ask why you didn't take all three at once? Too much to handle?? Were there enough adults to take the other ones while you had one in the park?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 17, 2012 9:58 am

mindflipper wrote:Amy: never go anywhere without a camera bag. Among its many uses: pillow. :wink:
:lol: I half expected you to say the photographer's :shock: ;)

That has got to be one of our fave pics from the trip! :lol: