In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Pirates Disneyland v's Disney World

Post by mkfan1992 » Jan Tue 11, 2011 3:32 pm

MadEye wrote:
Fantasmic wrote:I understand from a friend there were problems in Florida in that they couldn't dig down so far for the ride (due to the nature of the land) so I guess this is why there is no second drop there.
Seeing as how Magic Kingdom is 14 feet above sea level, I highly doubt that is the reason.

As for the differences, I'll reserve judgement for either until I actually get a chance to ride the DL version.

Except i'm fairly certain that it is part of their reasoning. The que already takes you under the ground. and then from the station you go even farther down after the drop. It;s unfair of you to make assumptions without knowing facts. The attraction as it is, is already way under-ground. The reason there is no second drop could've very well been the nature of the land.
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Is WDW POTC underground? Or does it just feel like it is? Remember, the park is built up on a higher level (the Utilidors underneath are closer to ground level). Also, is the queue underground as you think? I remember upon entering the two large doors and having to split into two queues that there's a ramp inclining upwards, not downwards. There's a rear entrance they use sometimes to allow certain handicap visitors to bypass the winding parts of the queue, and it's not underground. The drop takes you from first level down to ground level. IMHO MadEye is correct - I don't think you get anywhere near underground as you think...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Tue 11, 2011 5:50 pm

It just seems like you go underground because of the long escalator ride back up to "the surface" when the ride is over. But look at it this way: starting at true "ground level" at the ferry landing and being already several feet above the water level, you then go uphill quite a ways to get to the park entrance, then from Main Street you go uphill again to get to Adventure Land, then you go uphill again going into the POTC queue (as Mindflipper noted), so obviously the ride itself is nowhere near being "underground."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Mousekedude wrote:It just seems like you go underground because of the long escalator ride back up to "the surface" when the ride is over. But look at it this way: starting at true "ground level" at the ferry landing and being already several feet above the water level, you then go uphill quite a ways to get to the park entrance, then from Main Street you go uphill again to get to Adventure Land, then you go uphill again going into the POTC queue (as Mindflipper noted), so obviously the ride itself is nowhere near being "underground."
Again, the escalator is deceptive. It's long, but not that steep.

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Tue 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Both are good but I give the nod to Disneyland. The atmosphere in the queue area, the fireflies, the low sound of the voices of diners at the Blue Bayou, banjo music, yeah, all good. And I still cringe when that drunken pirate on the teetering barrels fires his pistol at the boat 8-)
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 27, 2012 9:32 am

DisneySpin wrote:Both are good but I give the nod to Disneyland. The atmosphere in the queue area, the fireflies, the low sound of the voices of diners at the Blue Bayou, banjo music, yeah, all good. And I still cringe when that drunken pirate on the teetering barrels fires his pistol at the boat 8-)
DL wins by a long shot for me. It is almost twice as long and I love the beginning scenes!