Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Kona Coffee

Post by Mousekedude » May Tue 25, 2010 8:52 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
momeja wrote:Exactly, BB. It's got the smoothest coffee taste of any coffee I've ever had. It's really great coffee. (and, sadly, you can't get it up here in Canada. :cry: )

I believe if you call the Poly, you can order it. It might cost a bit for the shipping, but you can savor it! :D
You can call and order it????!!!!!
(sound of things crashing and banging as I run for the phone... cat squealing from being stepped on..... glass breaking....)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Tue 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Yes M-dude, you can order it! A good friend of ours bought me some Kona as a b-day gift one year, he was in the area and picked some up for me. He was told by the manager that you could order it! They have to ship it whole bean, but it can be done!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 26, 2010 4:27 am

And I'm guessing with the price of the coffee to begin with, a little shipping and handling isn't going to add to much to the price ~ and what a nice treat in the morning for a coffee lover!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Wed 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Quite honestly, I have never had 100% pure Kona coffee. I have heard much about it and at one point I had some sort of blend, but I cannot pass judgement one way or another. I guess it's something I ought to try. (or not if I don't want to become addicted :shock:)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 26, 2010 8:08 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Quite honestly, I have never had 100% pure Kona coffee. I have heard much about it and at one point I had some sort of blend, but I cannot pass judgement one way or another. I guess it's something I ought to try. (or not if I don't want to become addicted :shock:)
I have never developed a taste for coffee so I can only imagine what it must taste like to make everyone love it so much Image Image

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Wed 26, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm with you on this one Amy. Never really got into the coffee thing. I like the smell and coffee flavor in things, but never got into drinking it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 26, 2010 9:25 pm

NaCler wrote:I'm with you on this one Amy. Never really got into the coffee thing. I like the smell and coffee flavor in things, but never got into drinking it.
Yay for a fellow non-coffee addict...errr...ummm...I mean non-coffee drinker!
I don't care for the smell either, and if I taste even a skiff of coffee in something - Image ugh! Sadly it took me a while to realize mocha meant coffee! :(

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Wed 26, 2010 10:43 pm

It's funny. I developed a taste for coffee rather late, and I can go days and weeks without it, but Kona really is a special coffee. DH will sometimes get it for me for a special present - it's $50/lb. up here. Needless to say, I savor it when he does. Maybe the next time we're in Disney, I'll drop by the Poly and pick up a bag. Thanks for the tip, BB.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Wed 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Hubby is a coffee drinker. I can go for a long time without having any coffee and when I do, it's usually 1 cup. I don't like to drink hot beverages, so if I have coffee or tea, it has to be cold. On the rare occasion where I actually have a cup of hot coffee (or jasmine tea) it has to be lukewarm before I can actually drink it. But I would like to try a cup of Kona sometime...just to say I've tried it.

Now coffee ice cream, tiramisu, the smell of coffee, among other coffee flavored items are another story...YUMMY!!!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Thu 27, 2010 7:00 am

MmeLeota - I am the same way. I really don't like HOT drinks. I always wait or put a piece of ice in it to cool it down. Yes, even hot chocolate! I'd be willing to TRY Kona coffee though, since it sounds like it's the "Dole Whip" of coffees. ;)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » May Thu 27, 2010 7:11 am

NaCler wrote:MmeLeota - I am the same way. I really don't like HOT drinks. I always wait or put a piece of ice in it to cool it down. Yes, even hot chocolate! I'd be willing to TRY Kona coffee though, since it sounds like it's the "Dole Whip" of coffees. ;)
Oh yeah.....! Kona is the thermonuclear-premium-glimmering-shimmering-pixie-dust-top-shelf-rum-infused-Dole-Whip of coffees!!! :mrgreen:

It's mindflippingly mousekemarvelously jaccalicious!!! :D

....... but that's just me... :shock: :wink:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Thu 27, 2010 7:17 am

Mousekedude wrote:Oh yeah.....! Kona is the thermonuclear-premium-glimmering-shimmering-pixie-dust-top-shelf-rum-infused-Dole-Whip of coffees!!! :mrgreen:

Well, that about says it all folks... thank you and drive safely! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Thu 27, 2010 12:11 pm

I never liked coffee until I go to college. Up to that point, I always thought coffee smelled better than it tasted! I think coffee is an acquired taste?! I have to have my coffee in the morning! I'm not one of those people that drink several pots a day. I just need that jump start in the morning. :shock: I'm not a good morning person, although I wish I was.

Kona coffee is excellent, it's smooth and mild. If you've never tried coffee, the blend would be a good way to start. And then if you really want to be addicted, then try the 100%!!!!

I love M-dude's description of Kona!!! It's spot on! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Thu 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
NaCler wrote:MmeLeota - I am the same way. I really don't like HOT drinks. I always wait or put a piece of ice in it to cool it down. Yes, even hot chocolate! I'd be willing to TRY Kona coffee though, since it sounds like it's the "Dole Whip" of coffees. ;)
Oh yeah.....! Kona is the thermonuclear-premium-glimmering-shimmering-pixie-dust-top-shelf-rum-infused-Dole-Whip of coffees!!! :mrgreen:

Yep NaCler, that about states it for me...although I had to have an iced coffee this morning after all this "cwoffee twalk" got me started.

M-dude, just because of your mousekeriffic mousekemouthwatering description, I will have to make an effort to try it!

momeja

Post by momeja » May Thu 27, 2010 1:16 pm

DH always makes fun of me because whenever those rare times occur that I get Kona coffee, the first words out of my mouth are always, "Mmmm. Smoooooooth." (not sure what he'd do if I described it as Mousekeriffic.... :lol: )