Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney reveals it is testing a talking Mickey Mouse

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sun 20, 2010 7:52 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I had watched the live stream for the World of Color premiere last week and I couldn't get over how creepy he was talking and blinking. I almost cringed when he took a photo with Teri Hatcher and asked for another because he said he blinked.
I didn't see that! That is too funny :lol:
Poor Teri looked uncomfortable too!
I'll comfort Teri!!! I'll volunteer and take one for the team!!!!Image
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 20, 2010 9:02 pm

You do that, Jacca! I know I'd need comforting if I were to encounter him.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sun 20, 2010 9:30 pm

I'd comfort you to Ms. elizabethswann!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:44 pm

It would be much appreciated.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:I'll comfort Teri!!! I'll volunteer and take one for the team!!!!
Yeah, you and a whole line of other guys ;)

But be careful when you comfort her...she looks like she will snap in half if hugged too hard :shock:
(though I've always liked her and she seems like a real down-to-earth person!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:32 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I'll comfort Teri!!! I'll volunteer and take one for the team!!!!
Yeah, you and a whole line of other guys ;)

But be careful when you comfort her...she looks like she will snap in half if hugged too hard :shock:
(though I've always liked her and she seems like a real down-to-earth person!)
I would agree with you on that one MmeLeota. She does seem nice...most of those stars look normal on tv but when you see them at red (or blue) carpet events with "regular" people, you realize how stick skinny they really are :shock:

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lhmathys » Jun Tue 22, 2010 10:19 am

I would think this would have to be done extremely well before Disney would consider moving a talking Mickey out into the park. However, if this is done with the same care as Lucky the Dinosaur, I'll definitely be impressed. To this day, I'm still impressed with how good Lucky looked.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Tue 22, 2010 8:30 pm

lhmathys wrote:I would think this would have to be done extremely well before Disney would consider moving a talking Mickey out into the park. However, if this is done with the same care as Lucky the Dinosaur, I'll definitely be impressed. To this day, I'm still impressed with how good Lucky looked.
The scary part is that the talking Mickey is already out testing in Toontown....

I am terrified of the whole robot/animatronic thing, but I have to admit, when I saw Lucky, I was amazed...until he started walking. He is so cute and you can't help but scratch his chin... :D

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Wed 23, 2010 9:20 am

I have a feeling the talking Mickey will be used only in shows and parades for a while...other than Toontown meet & greets in DL. I just can't see something like this being widespread around the parks for a while...if ever. It will have to be extremely isolated and done in controlled environments. I just don't think the technology is there yet to have a talking Mickey roaming around.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lhmathys » Jun Wed 23, 2010 12:15 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
lhmathys wrote:I would think this would have to be done extremely well before Disney would consider moving a talking Mickey out into the park. However, if this is done with the same care as Lucky the Dinosaur, I'll definitely be impressed. To this day, I'm still impressed with how good Lucky looked.
The scary part is that the talking Mickey is already out testing in Toontown....

I am terrified of the whole robot/animatronic thing, but I have to admit, when I saw Lucky, I was amazed...until he started walking. He is so cute and you can't help but scratch his chin... :D
I was really impressed when I saw him - and my kids flipped their lids. :mickey:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 23, 2010 5:55 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I have a feeling the talking Mickey will be used only in shows and parades for a while...other than Toontown meet & greets in DL. I just can't see something like this being widespread around the parks for a while...if ever. It will have to be extremely isolated and done in controlled environments. I just don't think the technology is there yet to have a talking Mickey roaming around.
That's what I hope for. It'd be easier to save him for those kinds of things instead of having many of those costumes all throughout the parks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 24, 2010 8:02 am

elizabethswann wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I have a feeling the talking Mickey will be used only in shows and parades for a while...other than Toontown meet & greets in DL. I just can't see something like this being widespread around the parks for a while...if ever. It will have to be extremely isolated and done in controlled environments. I just don't think the technology is there yet to have a talking Mickey roaming around.
That's what I hope for. It'd be easier to save him for those kinds of things instead of having many of those costumes all throughout the parks.
I'm guessing that the sheer cost of the technology will keep it from being too widespread...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Thu 24, 2010 10:55 am

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:
I'm guessing that the sheer cost of the technology will keep it from being too widespread...

This reminds me of that dinosaur they had in AK, he could walk and ineract with guests. It was hardly ever out then I think they took it to one of the Euro Disney's?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 24, 2010 12:26 pm

boilerbabe wrote:This reminds me of that dinosaur they had in AK, he could walk and ineract with guests. It was hardly ever out then I think they took it to one of the Euro Disney's?
That was Lucky, the dinosaur. I never got to see him :( From what I have read he was only in Animal Kingdom for a summer, then he was shipped out to other parks
Here is a short video of Lucky that I found http://disney.go.com/videos/more/?conte ... tent=10773 which comes after an advertisment for Toy Story 3 (or at least that was the ad when I watched it)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Thu 24, 2010 12:46 pm

That's right, Lucky was his name!!! We never did get to see him either! He looked cool whereas the talking Mickey is scary!