You have an unlimited budget ...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

wwwalsh
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

You have an unlimited budget ...

Post by wwwalsh » Mar Fri 26, 2010 4:41 pm

You have an unlimited budget to overhaul one attraction at any of the parks ... which one do you do and why?

And just to make it fun, you can't rebuild an extinct attraction like Horizon's .. it has to be a current operating attraction.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Fri 26, 2010 4:46 pm

One word: IMAGINATION. Bring back the Dreamfinder! All I'll say about it.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

wwwalsh
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wwwalsh » Mar Fri 26, 2010 5:02 pm

For me this is a tough one because on one hand, I’d love a total do-over for Finding Nemo’s Submarine thingy … Bring back the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea storyline and update the technology.

However, I think the winner for me is Spaceship Earth. It’s in one of the most iconic structures (probably only behind Cinderella’s Castle and Space Mountain), yet I can’t help but feel that the journey is uninspired. Spaceship Earth is interesting and educational, but not particularly memorable. I was a kid when I went on Horizons and still remember the floating Jules Verne, but can’t recall one memorable moment from Spaceship Earth.

I’d keep the time-travel aspect of Spaceship Earth, but lets make the ride more exciting (go sideways and upsides down and up and down) and look at famous moments through time. I don’t want it to be a thrill ride anymore than Pirates in a thrill ride, but lets add something that gets the heart going.

So, in the end, I’d to see a ride that takes you through time twisting and turning, and puts you close to famous events (both good ones and bad ones) of Earth’s history … Man Landing on the Moon, JFK assassination, The I Have a Dream Speech, The Beatles on Ed Sullivan—and other events not in the 60s :-)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Fri 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Oh, I didn't even realize it had to be something currently operating. It would have to be to get rid of Star Tours and bring back Adventure Thru Inner Space.
Last edited by elizabethswann on Mar Fri 26, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Mar Fri 26, 2010 6:16 pm

I would something, anything, with the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Fri 26, 2010 6:38 pm

My mind immediately went to the Speedway at the MK. I've always considered it giant waste of space that could be better used. I'm sure there's got to be better technology if the stipulation is keeping the idea of the attraction rather than just replacing it with something else. At present you have to be 52 inches tall to even drive one of the cars, which sort of defeats the purpose of being a kid-friendly ride. I'd like to see perhaps some sort of mix between Dinosaur and Test Track, like a scaled down race track that takes you out for a couple of really fast laps.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Fri 26, 2010 6:59 pm

I would overhaul Wonders of Life. That whole area could serve such a huge purpose.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Fri 26, 2010 11:11 pm

kcarts wrote:I would something, anything, with the Wonders of Life pavilion.
I agree with this! It's sad it's just sitting there collecting dust most of the time.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

withspirit
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by withspirit » Mar Sat 27, 2010 8:56 am

Hmmm... an UNLIMITED budget...

I'd make Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin actually go into outer space!
To Infinity and Beyond!

or...

Make Space Mountain actually use wormholes to go to Disneyland, Tokyo Disney, Disneyland Paris and to any future Disney theme parks

I dream big 8-)
No really, see? It's a screwdriver and it's... sonic
The Doctor

wwwalsh
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wwwalsh » Mar Sat 27, 2010 11:04 am

It's interesting that most of the comments are directed at Epcot ...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 27, 2010 1:43 pm

I would have to agree with bringing Wonders of Life back to, well...life!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Sat 27, 2010 9:45 pm

wwwalsh wrote:It's interesting that most of the comments are directed at Epcot ...
I know I speak for myself, but many others will agree with me. EPCOT is really in need of a lot of work. It is good to see MK receiving some good TLC from Disney with all the facade refurbishing and Fantasyland expansion. I honestly think after that EPCOT needs some major work. There are too many empty spaces in EPCOT that should never have been vacant. The entire Futureworld could use a major overhaul and I think it would be great to start by utilizing the big empty WoL.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sat 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Len90 wrote:I know I speak for myself, but many others will agree with me. EPCOT is really in need of a lot of work. It is good to see MK receiving some good TLC from Disney with all the facade refurbishing and Fantasyland expansion. I honestly think after that EPCOT needs some major work. There are too many empty spaces in EPCOT that should never have been vacant. The entire Futureworld could use a major overhaul and I think it would be great to start by utilizing the big empty WoL.
Let's not open that can of worms, Len90, because we could form a long, long line for people wanting to get on that soapbox! Maybe Disney could break out the fast pass for the soapbox queue? :wink: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 28, 2010 8:20 am

mindflipper wrote:Maybe Disney could break out the fast pass for the soapbox queue? :wink: :mickey:
Good one mindflipper :lol:, but without stepping up on the box, I totally agree with Len!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sun 28, 2010 8:21 pm

I would give CoP a total update, but still keep it a classic! :D