You have an unlimited budget ...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sun 28, 2010 11:12 pm

I agree on the CoP! You go from the 1940/1950 time period to the current age - that's too big of a leap. I think the 2 decade differences between each of the parts was okay when it was designed in the 1960's - but it needs to be revised. Maybe 1900, 1950, 1990, then "present"?

wwwalsh
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wwwalsh » Mar Mon 29, 2010 11:31 am

I agree about CoP but what could be changed?

wwwalsh
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wwwalsh » Mar Mon 29, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry, I posted my last comment before seeing mindflipper's comments ...

What is in Wonders of Life presently? Is it totally empty?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah I think CoP should end with a look ahead.

1920 (Spring): You can get rid of the 1900 scene...and just reference the progress made from 1900-1920.

1950 (Summer): Instead of focusing on appliances...focus on technology as a whole (already kind of does this)

1980 (Fall): Most adult guests will get a kick out of this scene as it references 80s tech and how much progress humanity has made.

21st Century (Winter): Make reference to wireless technologies as well as some other things that make life easier.

These things would drastically change the attraction, but keep it's original intent. It will show the carousel of progress over the past 100 years and a look to the future. This was what Walt wanted in the beginning anyway. I seriously doubt he would want us to still be focused on early 1990s tech and such as a "look to the future".

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 29, 2010 2:22 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Yeah I think CoP should end with a look ahead.

1920 (Spring): You can get rid of the 1900 scene...and just reference the progress made from 1900-1920.

1950 (Summer): Instead of focusing on appliances...focus on technology as a whole (already kind of does this)

1980 (Fall): Most adult guests will get a kick out of this scene as it references 80s tech and how much progress humanity has made.

21st Century (Winter): Make reference to wireless technologies as well as some other things that make life easier.

These things would drastically change the attraction, but keep it's original intent. It will show the carousel of progress over the past 100 years and a look to the future. This was what Walt wanted in the beginning anyway. I seriously doubt he would want us to still be focused on early 1990s tech and such as a "look to the future".
As much as I love the CoP as is, I really like your idea of the direction it should go. CoP is not supposed to just be a history lesson, it's supposed to show continuing progress. It makes perfect sense.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Mon 29, 2010 3:00 pm

withspirit wrote:Hmmm... an UNLIMITED budget...

I'd make Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin actually go into outer space!
To Infinity and Beyond!

or...

Make Space Mountain actually use wormholes to go to Disneyland, Tokyo Disney, Disneyland Paris and to any future Disney theme parks

I dream big 8-)
NICE!!! I like how you think!!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 29, 2010 3:31 pm

disneydreamer58 wrote:
withspirit wrote:Hmmm... an UNLIMITED budget...

I'd make Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin actually go into outer space!
To Infinity and Beyond!

or...

Make Space Mountain actually use wormholes to go to Disneyland, Tokyo Disney, Disneyland Paris and to any future Disney theme parks

I dream big 8-)
NICE!!! I like how you think!!
Wow! I must have completely skipped over this idea...I love BLAB (DL)!!! BLSRS isn't quite as much fun, so ok...it can go.
But the Space Mountain idea is GREAT!!!!! There's no problem with dreaming big... :D

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 29, 2010 3:39 pm

If we are speaking realistic technology...but unlimited budget...

I would try to make WDW's POTC match the one at DLR. You could build some kind of a restaurant at the beginning like Blue Bayou...but make it a Mexican/Caribbean kind of place. It would be a huge undertaking...but would plus the heck out of the current attraction.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Mar Mon 29, 2010 4:22 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:If we are speaking realistic technology...but unlimited budget...

I would try to make WDW's POTC match the one at DLR. You could build some kind of a restaurant at the beginning like Blue Bayou...but make it a Mexican/Caribbean kind of place. It would be a huge undertaking...but would plus the heck out of the current attraction.
I absolutely agree with this. There is so much space at the beginning of the queue to set something up - create a town/village themed towards Tortuga w/restaurant and have it open to the loading docks for the boats. There is hardly ever a wait anymore and the long queue is wasted space that could be used more efficiently now.

Great thought 'yowski!

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Mar Mon 29, 2010 5:09 pm

I like your idea for CoP.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 29, 2010 5:45 pm

MetalRage wrote:

I like your idea for CoP.
By focusing on technology of the future...you could possibly get some kind of sponsorship. Heck...the whole reason CoP existed in the first place was because of General Electric trying to tell everyone how important electricity was and is to the progress of man.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 29, 2010 7:52 pm

99Soulz wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:If we are speaking realistic technology...but unlimited budget...
I absolutely agree with this. There is so much space at the beginning of the queue to set something up - create a town/village themed towards Tortuga w/restaurant and have it open to the loading docks for the boats. There is hardly ever a wait anymore and the long queue is wasted space that could be used more efficiently now.
Great thought 'yowski!
This makes a lot of sense. But it is nice winding through the queue on a hot day because it is so nice and cool down there :)

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Apr Sat 03, 2010 7:28 am

Completely off the beaten path but I would build a new golf course. I would make each hole a replica of a famous hole from courses around the world. As best as I could anyway. I know I wouldn't be able to import crashing waves from the Pacific for the 18th at Pebble Beach. I would include the 12th at Augusta, the 17th at TPC Sawgrass just to name a couple.

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Apr Fri 16, 2010 8:15 pm

I'd overhaul the backlot tour at DHS and make it something that is actually exciting. Needs a little more Hollywood and backlot put into the tour. I always get the feeling that they just tossed old props on the side of the road and put windows into the costume dept so they could say the have a backlot tour.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Fri 16, 2010 8:50 pm

wwwalsh wrote:Sorry, I posted my last comment before seeing mindflipper's comments ...

What is in Wonders of Life presently? Is it totally empty?
As of April 2010, the pavilion hasn't operated regularly for over 6 years, and although the space is sometimes used for special events, the attractions within have remained closed, and since been partially removed.