Disney to sell annual pass good for all its U.S. theme parks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Sun 14, 2010 2:16 am

I wish I was a member of the Vacation Club. Maybe once I get a job then I can consider it.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sun 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Considering the price of the WDW premium pass ($619), I think $700 is a very fair price - when I hear they were doing this, I honestly expected more. Even just getting a 3 day park hopper at Disneyland is $150, $60 more than the cost of upgrading the WDW premium annual.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Mon 15, 2010 12:57 pm

So when are they going to bring back the lifetime pass? Sign me up! :lol:
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Mar Mon 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Imma get the new Premier Pass when I go to DL this May. I go to both FL and DL annually...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Tue 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:They should have done that a long time ago! Although $700 is a bit steep!
Seems worth it though. $700 for a whole year... I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 04, 2010 8:10 pm

kcarts wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:They should have done that a long time ago! Although $700 is a bit steep!
If you can afford to make use of the bi-coastal pass (i.e. fly to, and stay at one or both of the places) chances are you can afford the $700.
That is kind of what I was thinking...now if only I could travel coast to coast for work and just happen to have time to sneak in a little vacation time...ah that would be the life :roll:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Tue 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Amy wrote:
kcarts wrote:
If you can afford to make use of the bi-coastal pass (i.e. fly to, and stay at one or both of the places) chances are you can afford the $700.
That is kind of what I was thinking...now if only I could travel coast to coast for work and just happen to have time to sneak in a little vacation time...ah that would be the life :roll:
Don't we all have that dream?? :)

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » May Sun 09, 2010 8:32 am

kcarts wrote: If you can afford to make use of the bi-coastal pass (i.e. fly to, and stay at one or both of the places) chances are you can afford the $700.
Totally agree!! Plus this is perfect for those of us who live in FL or CA and occasionally visit the "other" park.

Also w/ the value of the pass, don't forget the hotel discounts that come w/ it. AP holders can typically save 30-40% off of disney resort rates - this is a huge plus if you take a longer vacation.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » May Sun 09, 2010 8:34 am

Sleepy90 wrote:Ok my interest has been raised. If what agingerbugg says is correct and an annual pass for WDW is $300+ then it might be cheaper for us to buy annual passes rather than two week parkhoppers now here is the big question.

Do you have to be living in the states to purchase annual passes.(or can any random bod get one)
You don't have to live in the US to get an annual pass, but sometimes it's cheaper to just do a 14 day pass - here are the price comparisons:

14 day ticket £224 + $14/day parking
Annual pass $520.79 (£344) access to 4 parks free parking
Premium AP $659.24 (£436) 4 parks, water parks, Disneyquest (same as UK 14 day ticket) free parking

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » May Sun 09, 2010 1:14 pm

disneylizzy wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:Ok my interest has been raised. If what agingerbugg says is correct and an annual pass for WDW is $300+ then it might be cheaper for us to buy annual passes rather than two week parkhoppers now here is the big question.

Do you have to be living in the states to purchase annual passes.(or can any random bod get one)
You don't have to live in the US to get an annual pass, but sometimes it's cheaper to just do a 14 day pass - here are the price comparisons:

14 day ticket £224 + $14/day parking
Annual pass $520.79 (£344) access to 4 parks free parking
Premium AP $659.24 (£436) 4 parks, water parks, Disneyquest (same as UK 14 day ticket) free parking
Thanks for the comparison on tickets but you do not pay for parking if you stay on site at Disney your car pass lets the car through.

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Disney to sell annual pass good for all its U.S. theme p

Post by timekeeper » Jul Mon 05, 2010 12:28 pm

That would be very tempting it you lived more middle of the states to even out your airfare. I would buy one in June for WDW and then go to Disneyland in early May or something. We have bought the annual pass before when we planned two longer trips not quite a year apart.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 05, 2010 2:41 pm

timekeeper wrote:That would be very tempting it you lived more middle of the states to even out your airfare. I would buy one in June for WDW and then go to Disneyland in early May or something. We have bought the annual pass before when we planned two longer trips not quite a year apart.
I'm with you on the airfare. It would be a lot easier to do it that way but since I live in California, it'd be a pain.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 05, 2010 2:49 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
timekeeper wrote:That would be very tempting it you lived more middle of the states to even out your airfare. I would buy one in June for WDW and then go to Disneyland in early May or something. We have bought the annual pass before when we planned two longer trips not quite a year apart.
I'm with you on the airfare. It would be a lot easier to do it that way but since I live in California, it'd be a pain.
On the bright side you can hop over to DL whenever you have time :D

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 3:24 pm

I love that Disney has this option but it wouldnt be of any use to me since I can't afford to make any trips over to WDW... but as soon as I can afford the getting over to Florida aspect of this problem, I will definitely take advantage of this!

Mr.ToadWildRider

Re:

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Aug Thu 19, 2010 1:31 pm

MetalRage wrote:omg. I would spend my entire life at WDW if I had the annual pass! :shock:
Isn't there already an AP for WDW alone? And it's cheaper too? This isn't news unless you're looking to do both coast parks. I agree that this only really makes sense for Cali residents who regularly hit up DL with an AP and are planning to take a trip sometime during the year to WDW. And again, that's only if you regularly i.e. monthly (though I suppose maybe even 4[?] visits would get you over the break even) visit DL.