Disney "Sounds"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by TTA Traveler » Mar Tue 22, 2011 10:44 am

I think my favorite sound(s) throughout Walt Disney World are the loud sea breeze you hear in rides such as Pirates of the Caribbean. You know, as you're going through the queue line or right before you hit that waterfall. It's so soothing, I love it!

And I love the announcer over the intercom throughout Tomorrowland Transit Authority. The guy who talks in a monotone voice: "Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders.." :)

Another favorite is on Space Mountain when you're waiting in line and there is that 'whistle' you hear. Not sure how to describe that. But I love it!
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Mar Tue 22, 2011 10:58 am

One of my favorite sounds is to hear Jack Wagner say "Remain seated please; permanecer sentados por favor." This became a fun little exchange between my daughter and I because a while back I was trying to say it and completely messed it up the Spanish part. In laughing about it, it somehow morphed into "tarimisu tacos por favor." Strange I know, but this always brings a smile to us as we look back. By the way, tarimisu tacos are not on the menu at Disneyland nor anywhere else that I have seen...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 22, 2011 11:21 am

metark wrote:One of my favorite sounds is to hear Jack Wagner say "Remain seated please; permanecer sentados por favor." This became a fun little exchange between my daughter and I because a while back I was trying to say it and completely messed it up the Spanish part. In laughing about it, it somehow morphed into "tarimisu tacos por favor." Strange I know, but this always brings a smile to us as we look back. By the way, tarimisu tacos are not on the menu at Disneyland nor anywhere else that I have seen...
tarimisu tacos por favor :lol: That's a great one! I don't think they would taste good though ;)

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Mar Tue 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Amy wrote:
metark wrote:One of my favorite sounds is to hear Jack Wagner say "Remain seated please; permanecer sentados por favor." This became a fun little exchange between my daughter and I because a while back I was trying to say it and completely messed it up the Spanish part. In laughing about it, it somehow morphed into "tarimisu tacos por favor." Strange I know, but this always brings a smile to us as we look back. By the way, tarimisu tacos are not on the menu at Disneyland nor anywhere else that I have seen...
tarimisu tacos por favor :lol: That's a great one! I don't think they would taste good though ;)
I'm sure they won't but someday I've got to put one together for my daughter just for a laugh.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:45 pm

When I was stuck in a long line at Tower of Terror a couple weeks ago, I got all happy listening to the soundtrack from the speakers.

TTA Traveler

Post by TTA Traveler » Mar Tue 22, 2011 11:21 pm

elizabethswann wrote:When I was stuck in a long line at Tower of Terror a couple weeks ago, I got all happy listening to the soundtrack from the speakers.
I love the music in that queue. :D Hope to hear it on here sometime!
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 23, 2011 2:06 am

Space Traveler wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:When I was stuck in a long line at Tower of Terror a couple weeks ago, I got all happy listening to the soundtrack from the speakers.
I love the music in that queue. :D Hope to hear it on here sometime!
It's a must! :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 23, 2011 6:47 am

I KNOW it's been mentioned before, but I have really been craving the howling from the Haunted Mansion.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 23, 2011 7:10 am

NaCler wrote:I KNOW it's been mentioned before, but I have really been craving the howling from the Haunted Mansion.
Awooooo-ow-ow-oooooooo! You'll be hearing that soon enough ~ as well as some new sounds from the creepy old crypt ;)

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Wed 23, 2011 8:35 am

If anyone has DirecTV...the music channel 801 has a lot of the same music you hear in the ToT queue. It's big band style music. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a song come on while I am in the kitchen and I immediately picture myself in the hotel lobby!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 23, 2011 3:26 pm

I don't have DirectTV but now I want to see if Charter has it or something similar. I never listen to the music channels.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 23, 2011 8:12 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I don't have DirectTV but now I want to see if Charter has it or something similar. I never listen to the music channels.
BIG is right, Tower of Terror music is a lot of big band. If you can find a station that plays mostly 20's and 30's music, you should feel like you're at ToT :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 27, 2011 8:28 pm

A few things I jotted down in my Day 10 notes, the chains on the safari that knock the mud off the tires, the vacuums after the parades, and the bumpety-bump of the boats going up ramps as the attraction is drawing to a close.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sun 27, 2011 9:49 pm

NaCler wrote:I KNOW it's been mentioned before, but I have really been craving the howling from the Haunted Mansion.
Did you get your fill of it this weekend? Whenever I hear that sound, I feel like I will be at my old home-away-from-home soon enough...

Another sound I love: the cats screeching with the band in the HM graveyard.

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 01, 2011 4:33 pm

The first bird whistle you here when your ticket is scanned let's me know that I'm in Disneyland. I love that bird whistle.