Disney "Sounds"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Feb Sat 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Some of my favorite music is that from the Port Orleans Resort.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Feb Sat 27, 2010 5:47 pm

During "What will you Celebrate?â€
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Sun 28, 2010 2:14 am

Give me anything involving New Orleans Square like the jazz music or the sounds of the Mark Twain going by. That keeps me content.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Feb Sun 28, 2010 8:25 pm

I love Frontierland sounds and New Orleans Square sounds. Also, walking past the Haunted Mansion hearing the wolves howl. Hearing people screaming on the Tower of Terror. Am I able to say WDW sounds in general??? I can't pick!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 01, 2010 2:22 am

I had the Disney whistle for when you return to the park on my phone for a while but got rid of it.
This one is really tough and I'll probably be adding often...and agreeing with stuff other folks say because I can't always remember things off the top of my head.

Ms. Swann, where did you get that whistle? I've been trying to find it! I love that sound.

I'm a huge fan of the music played in the parks...background, attractions, shows, parades...I love it all! Especially the instrumental music!

I also love the the sound of the horses on main street, the monorail flying by, the sound of both the DLRR and the casey Jr. trains moving along the tracks...

more to come...

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Mon 01, 2010 4:09 pm

I used to work the old Galaxy Search show in Tomorrowland once upon a time, and between shows it would get so quiet if you were just off stage. Sometimes I'd lay down stage right and just listen to the music and the general din of people in the park. I could also hear the wolf's howl from Mansion and people screaming on Splash Mountain, all the way over in Tomorrowland. I loved it.

And there's that bing bong the monorail makes when the doors open and close. :)

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Mon 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Arete wrote: And there's that bing bong the monorail makes when the doors open and close. :)
Not to mention the sound of the air pistons as the doors open and close. I just love that psssssst sound :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Mar Mon 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Ah yes, the Monorail sounds to! I love those.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Mon 01, 2010 7:31 pm

I love the whole Adventureland area music too. It's one of my absolute favorite loops!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Morningsky
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Morningsky » Mar Mon 01, 2010 7:56 pm

I love the Fountain of Nations music as well as the splashes that go along with it in Epcot. and in MK I love the sound of the Liberty Belle's whistle. I lov all the sounds but those are definitely my top two i think.

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Mar Mon 01, 2010 7:59 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Give me anything involving New Orleans Square like the jazz music or the sounds of the Mark Twain going by. That keeps me content.
I agree so much with that. That's one of the best things about staying at Port Orleans, the music is great everywhere you go and there are so many nooks and cranies where there is something different playing.

I also love the sound of the water flowing in The Oasis Exhibits at Animal Kingdom as well as the sound of the water being moved and coming off of the paddle wheel on The Liberty Square as well as the chugging sound the steam engine that powers it makes. It's basically the same sounds you hear from shore as it goes by, but more up close and personal.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Len90 wrote:
Arete wrote: And there's that bing bong the monorail makes when the doors open and close. :)
Not to mention the sound of the air pistons as the doors open and close. I just love that psssssst sound :D
Not to mention the audio spiel... "please stand clear of the doors...por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas" (sp? I don't speak/write spanish so I apologize if anything is spelled wrong). I also find myself saying that everytime I hear a spiel similar to it (i.e. we were in an airport tram and the spiel said the tram doors are closing please stand clear) :) I guess tha's one for the "Disney nut" board...

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:28 pm

I love the sound of the advertisement loop that plays on the TVs at the Magic Kingdom bus stop.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Arete

Post by Arete » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Len90 wrote:
Oh yes. :D All those mechanical sounds from around the parks are awesome, even the sound the buses make when they lower the right side of the bus for people to step up more easily.

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Mar Wed 03, 2010 12:27 am

Arete wrote: ...even the sound the buses make when they lower the right side of the bus for people to step up more easily.
I love that sound, too. It usually means our bus has arrived. Fun awaits!!!

-- Walt Disney