Disney "Sounds"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

yodi1yensid
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by yodi1yensid » Dec Thu 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Walking down Main Street, listening to the music, hearing the train whistle, the horse-trolley bell, the laughter and screams of excitement from kids and parents, hmm what else on Main Street? The Dapper Dans singing, and the philharmonic playing along to familiar tunes, and hearing the ragtime piano playing nearby...!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Thu 23, 2010 6:33 pm

yodi1yensid wrote:Walking down Main Street, listening to the music, hearing the train whistle, the horse-trolley bell, the laughter and screams of excitement from kids and parents, hmm what else on Main Street? The Dapper Dans singing, and the philharmonic playing along to familiar tunes, and hearing the ragtime piano playing nearby...!
Those are always the best sounds. That's when I know I'm in another world.

mdk010
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by mdk010 » Dec Wed 29, 2010 9:54 am

I love the "Please stand clear of the doors..." and also, the sound of any hotel lobby. The guests chatting, excited kids, music.
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."
-Walt Disney

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jan Wed 12, 2011 10:04 am

mdk010 wrote:I love the "Please stand clear of the doors..." and also, the sound of any hotel lobby. The guests chatting, excited kids, music.
You can't beat that sound. "Please stand clear of the doors..." I love that one.
"now, bring me that horizon"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 11:45 am

leblanan wrote:
mdk010 wrote:I love the "Please stand clear of the doors..." and also, the sound of any hotel lobby. The guests chatting, excited kids, music.
You can't beat that sound. "Please stand clear of the doors..." I love that one.
...and don't forget the the little chime that does along with that warning, too! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Thu 13, 2011 5:37 pm

My new favorite sound at WDW: the sound of the veggie ingredients being crushed-up in the glass to make a Jalapeno Margarita in La Cava Del Tequila. :lol:
(just kidding.... but that is a sound that deserves honorable mention.... :wink: )

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Mousekedude wrote:My new favorite sound at WDW: the sound of the veggie ingredients being crushed-up in the glass to make a Jalapeno Margarita in La Cava Del Tequila. :lol:
(just kidding.... but that is a sound that deserves honorable mention.... :wink: )
Boilerbabe has her Dole Whip addiction, and now Mousekedude has a Jalapeno Margarita addiction. One may gain weight from theirs, the other may check into Betty Ford from theirs... :wink: :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Fri 14, 2011 12:28 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:My new favorite sound at WDW: the sound of the veggie ingredients being crushed-up in the glass to make a Jalapeno Margarita in La Cava Del Tequila. :lol:
Boilerbabe has her Dole Whip addiction, and now Mousekedude has a Jalapeno Margarita addiction. One may gain weight from theirs, the other may check into Betty Ford from theirs... :wink: :lol:
Hey, don't cut me short! I'm addicted to Dole Whips too! :shock: :lol:

Seriously, though... all things in moderation, bro. :wink:

By the way, we have a picture of Boilerbabe demonstrating the Dole Whip Dance for me. It's coming up in the continuation of the trip report. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Mousekedude, does that mean you may try to invent the the Jalapeno Margarita Dole Whip next in order to satisfy both your addictions at the same time? :shock: :wink: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 14, 2011 1:28 pm

mindflipper wrote:Mousekedude, does that mean you may try to invent the the Jalapeno Margarita Dole Whip next in order to satisfy both your addictions at the same time? :shock: :wink: :lol:
Oh my, don't tempt him!! :shock: ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Not only do I want to tempt him, but I want photos of his creation too! :wink: :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:59 am

mindflipper wrote:
True, that is I invented the "Dole Whip Dance" to burn the calories off!!! :lol:

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Fri 11, 2011 10:51 pm

The horns from the ferry boats traveling to and from the Magic Kingdom. You can hear them from several locations around property..they always put me in the mood to go to the parks when I hear them.

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Tue 15, 2011 6:08 am

Along with the horns from the Disney ferrys..I also enjoy the soothing Wilderness Lodge background music that is played at the pool of the Villas. It sort of makes me forget that a "real world" exists

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Mar Thu 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Peerless83 wrote:Along with the horns from the Disney ferrys..I also enjoy the soothing Wilderness Lodge background music that is played at the pool of the Villas. It sort of makes me forget that a "real world" exists
Which reminds me of the horn from the Disney Riverboat. I love that sound!