Disney "Sounds"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Mousekedude wrote:What would be really cool is if all of us could get in the same car again, and all sit together for one picture! We'll have to try it.
Yup! We need lots of evidence of the mayhem we are going to cause!!
Mousekedude wrote:
boilerbabe wrote: Yes, I would also like for all of us to get in the same car for Rockin Roller Coaster!!! 8-)
I love that sound, on Rockin Roller Coaster, when you hear the countdown before you blast off "3, 2, 1!"
OH, YEEEAAAHHHH....!!!!
I've tried to count down along with Steven Tyler, but my vocal chords couldn't take it..... can't do that high-pitched screech of his. :shock: :lol:
Sounds like we can use b-babe for the high-pitched screech :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 14, 2010 2:03 pm

I can try my best Amy! :D

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Dec Fri 17, 2010 11:39 am

The roller coaster countdown is a great one. My personal favorite is being far away and still hearing that train whistle. You're so close it just makes you feel good.
"now, bring me that horizon"

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dichuy » Dec Fri 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Great thread!

I love the sound of the old/original Monorail doors--when they pushed that black button on the outside and they all popped open, and then the sound of a CM slamming each of the doors closed by hand. And I agree with someone further back on this thread--being at the Magic Kingdom entrance and the sound of the Monorail shoooshing overhead--priceless. But I think the ultimate sound is the train whistle and bell clanging as it pulls into Main Street. It doesn't have the same impact at the other train stops as Main Street does (and mixed with the smells of the popcorn! Oh my!).
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Fri 17, 2010 12:42 pm

My new favorite Disney sound: the voices of all my fellow Mayhem Marauders laughing and living it up as we share good times together at WDW. I'll never forget that sound...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Mousekedude wrote:My new favorite Disney sound: the voices of all my fellow Mayhem Marauders laughing and living it up as we share good times together at WDW. I'll never forget that sound...
Awww! That's a good one...
I kept track of some of my favorites this time...first one is...the sound of the 3d glasses being dropped into the bins :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Sat 18, 2010 2:02 am

The horn from the tram after the Cast Member says "Driver, we're all clear".

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 18, 2010 6:49 am

elizabethswann wrote:The horn from the tram after the Cast Member says "Driver, we're all clear".
That's one thing I miss by staying on property ~ riding the tram :( I always thought it was so cool when I was little to be on something that had that many cars and was powered by such a tiny engine car :shock: :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Sat 18, 2010 9:59 am

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:The horn from the tram after the Cast Member says "Driver, we're all clear".
That's one thing I miss by staying on property ~ riding the tram :( I always thought it was so cool when I was little to be on something that had that many cars and was powered by such a tiny engine car :shock: :D
But when its really cold - like it was on your trip - being inside a warm resort bus is preferable than sitting on an open-air tram freezing as the cold wind chills you to the bone... :( :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 18, 2010 11:29 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
But when its really cold - like it was on your trip - being inside a warm resort bus is preferable than sitting on an open-air tram freezing as the cold wind chills you to the bone... :( :wink:
Well, I suppose...I can tell you from experience that the TTA at night in 20-something degree weather isn't a bright idea :roll:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Dec Sat 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Amy wrote:I can tell you from experience that the TTA at night in 20-something degree weather isn't a bright idea :roll:
Much as I love the TTA, that does sound a little brisk - rather like riding BTMRR 3x in a row in similar weather, which I did once with the kids. Wonder why we were able to ride it 3x in a row without getting off. "Hang onto your hats and glasses, folks, 'cause this here's the coldest ride in the wilderness..." :roll:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Sat 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Amy wrote:I can tell you from experience that the TTA at night in 20-something degree weather isn't a bright idea :roll:
Can't be any worse than riding the trams in the parking lots. Just ride backwards and if you have a hood, put it up.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 19, 2010 7:55 am

MadEye wrote:
Can't be any worse than riding the trams in the parking lots. Just ride backwards and if you have a hood, put it up.
But then you can't see where you are going :( Only where you have been...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Sun 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Just keep a lookout in the side mirror!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 20, 2010 7:32 am

elizabethswann wrote:Just keep a lookout in the side mirror!
Mine must have been side-swiped by mindflipper when they were on the TTA ~ mine didn't have a side mirror :(
;)
(Good one ms.swann! :lol: )