Disney in the Day - Photo Tribute to Disney Daytime Magic

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

What type of Disney photos seem most magical?

Daytime Photos
6%
Night Photos
35%
Makes no difference to me
15%
It's not day or night that matters...it's how you use your camera!
43%

Total votes: 79

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Feb Wed 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Those are all beautiful Dr. Ravenscroft and Mouskedude. I'm loving the portraits you've posted. Nice to see such nice photos of the people that make Disney magical and once again impressive capturing. I agree once more with Elizabethswann; that photo of the tree of life with the sun striking it at a low angle is fantastic as are the close-ups of the berries and the bird in the tree.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Feb Thu 04, 2010 5:12 pm

boilerbabe wrote:WOW! Gorgeous bird shots M-dude!!! How did you do that?!
Patience and a good HD camera with a great zoom lens!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. The Tree of Life photo was taken with my camera, the Sony I described in earlier posts. The shot was taken almost at dusk, using a tripod and one of the night settings that actually enhanced the lighting enough to bring out the colors and make it look almost full daylight.
The rest were taken with my wife's camera. It's also a Sony, but it's actually a HD digital camcorder that also takes still shots. I can't remember the model number; I just remember that it was pretty expensive. It's got so many high-tech features that it can be very complicated and time-consuming to set up a good shot. Plus, it's bulkier to lug around. The results, as you can see, are worth it, but I don't like messing with it. I like my camera better.

Morningsky
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Morningsky » Feb Fri 05, 2010 9:00 pm

amazing pictures everyone! I can't wait to try out my camera there. I only hope it stands up to what i think it should. i would hate to come home with nothing to post! :oops:

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Feb Fri 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Morningsky, I'm sure you will have plenty to post Very Happy

Uh oh...no pics on this page...feel the compulsion to post....

Here's another one from Animal Kingdom.

Last edited by imaginationcelebration on Feb Mon 08, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 06, 2010 1:09 am

Here's some dayshots from my last trip to WDW:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sat 06, 2010 3:12 pm

How'd you get that shot of ToT mindflipper?! I'm likin that!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 06, 2010 3:56 pm

From my hotel room at the Swan. I had ToT to the right, and Boardwalk & EPCOT to the left. I got to watch illuminations from my hotel room (no music though).

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Feb Sat 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Yeah I was wondering how you got the backside of ToT too. Pretty cool! Can't say I've ever seen that angle.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 06, 2010 10:15 pm

From that angle, you could almost think that it was any other Disney resort hotel.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Sat 06, 2010 10:22 pm

OMG I am loving all these pics! I can never see too many pics ppl take. I am a fan of Dr. Ravenscroft's flickr pages with all the Disney pics :mrgreen:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sat 06, 2010 11:37 pm

mindflipper wrote:From that angle, you could almost think that it was any other Disney resort hotel.
Except I believe it does not have any windows below the fourth floor. Awesome shot of the back end of the ToT. Always love to see the more rarer seen pictures.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sun 07, 2010 11:52 am

mindflipper wrote:From my hotel room at the Swan. I had ToT to the right, and Boardwalk & EPCOT to the left. I got to watch illuminations from my hotel room (no music though).
I've never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, sounds like the views are pretty sweet though!

I think the ToT should become a real WDW resort!!!! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

I prefer the Swan over the Dolphin. Dolphin has some basic design flaw that makes it difficult to heat during the winter (they couldn't get the rooms warm at night, they were freezing) so we switched over to the Swan. The Swan was great. You can get boats to EPCOT and DHS like the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Mon 08, 2010 1:51 am

Thank you everyone for sharing your beautiful pictures!!!! So many fabulous shots!!!!

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Feb Mon 08, 2010 1:35 pm

imaginationcelebration wrote:Dr. Ravenscroft...what can I say..pure magic. What kind of camera are you using? I'm looking to get a new one and those pictures show some good versatility in capturing what was in your minds eye.
Len90 wrote:Dr. Ravenscroft: Those are just fascinating. I am highly impressed with your skills and work. Definitely has to be a digital body of some sort to get those colors and focuses.
I do use a Digital Camera as most people do these days, but remember it isn't the camera that makes the picture it is the person behind it. Yes the camera and lenses help but it really comes down to your eye. Elizabethswann doesn't have a huge DSLR with "all the fixin's" but she does a really great job with her shots. I have pictures from my cell phone that look really good and people have commented that I must have a great camera.

This was taken by an iphone:

But if you want to know what camera I use, it is a Canon 40D. And sorry it took so long to get back to you.....I am slow.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |