D23 Benefits

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: D23 Benefits

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 15, 2010 8:12 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I want to be a member so badly! Hopefully soon when I have more time to travel
Or you can be like me and be a member even though you can't get to any events. I have entered two of the online contests...and won one! So that is some fun to be had...$75 of fun? probably not but still fun.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Wed 16, 2010 6:18 pm

The problem is more that I would go to the events and spend time and money, I should be investing in my bussines right now. I have poor self controle when it comes to disney spending. Better off satisfying my disney fix with sub :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 16, 2010 7:44 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:The problem is more that I would go to the events and spend time and money, I should be investing in my bussines right now. I have poor self controle when it comes to disney spending. Better off satisfying my disney fix with sub :D
Ah yes, free therapy :D

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re:

Post by MoonPet » Aug Tue 31, 2010 3:01 am

MmeLeota wrote:I didn't know you were a D23 member Amy!!! There's a few of us chatting it up on the "Are You 23?" thread.

I really enjoy the magazine! It is more suited for those either in So. Cal or even Florida (WDW events)...but I'm glad to see that at least an effort is being made to spread the wealth a bit.

We went to San Francisco and we're going to DL for the 1 year party, and we weren't members yet for the Lion King event here in Vegas (we probably would have joined eariler if we knew there was an event here).
I'm not able to find the "Are You 23" thread. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Re:

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 6:41 am

MoonPet wrote:....I'm not able to find the "Are You 23" thread. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm a lookin', stand by...
EDIT: Here you go MoonPet, it is under the "Anything Else" topic. This should be a direct link ~ viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5024

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 31, 2010 9:57 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:The problem is more that I would go to the events and spend time and money, I should be investing in my bussines right now. I have poor self controle when it comes to disney spending. Better off satisfying my disney fix with sub :D
It wouldn't be so bad if the "exclusive D23" merchandise sold at the events would then be sold afterwards to D23 members on-line; instead, you got to buy second-hand off of Ebay or somewhere else. That's what happened with those EPCOT D23 badges/patches they cames with the last issue. They were available as sets at a D23 event, but for the rest of D23 members the only way to get it is to buy it off Ebay because you can't buy it on-line at the D23 store! :evil: In the end, you're no better off having the D23 membership! What good is it? Is it only an overpriced magazine subscription?!? :x

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 10:01 am

mindflipper wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad if the "exclusive D23" merchandise sold at the events would then be sold afterwards to D23 members on-line; instead, you got to buy second-hand off of Ebay or somewhere else. That's what happened with those EPCOT D23 badges/patches they cames with the last issue. They were available as sets at a D23 event, but for the rest of D23 members the only way to get it is to buy it off Ebay because you can't buy it on-line at the D23 store! :evil: In the end, you're no better off having the D23 membership! What good is it? Is it only an overpriced magazine subscription?!? :x
I agree that D23 members should be able to purchase things sold at the events. Although they should also have some special things available only at the events too. I didn't know they had the badges/patches as a set at one of the events?! :shock: I would have liked to had the whole set. They are way too expensive to buy off ebay! Do you know how much they sold them for at the event?
I think it does boil down to an expensive magazine subscription if you can't make it to any of the events :(
One of the only reasons I renewed this year was because of the little writing contests they were running...and now they don't seem to be doing those :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I agree that D23 members should be able to purchase things sold at the events. Although they should also have some special things available only at the events too. I didn't know they had the badges/patches as a set at one of the events?! :shock: I would have liked to had the whole set. They are way too expensive to buy off ebay! Do you know how much they sold them for at the event?
I think it does boil down to an expensive magazine subscription if you can't make it to any of the events :(
One of the only reasons I renewed this year was because of the little writing contests they were running...and now they don't seem to be doing those :(
The patch sets were $50 ($45 plus the outrageous tax). We bought one at the last event we went to. If we knew they were going to have them, we would have bought more, but the budget didn't plan for that. :( We're hoping to make it to another event where they might still be selling them. I think there should be merchandise that is only available at certain events, but for something like this where every member received a portion of the set, I think that it should be available to all D23 members. Even if it is only available online for a short period of time (i.e. a few days or a holiday weekend or something like that) with a limit as to how many can be purchased per member (i.e. 2, 5, 10). But let the members know that they are available of course... ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 4:00 pm

MmeLeota wrote:The patch sets were $50 ($45 plus the outrageous tax). We bought one at the last event we went to. If we knew they were going to have them, we would have bought more, but the budget didn't plan for that. :( We're hoping to make it to another event where they might still be selling them. I think there should be merchandise that is only available at certain events, but for something like this where every member received a portion of the set, I think that it should be available to all D23 members. Even if it is only available online for a short period of time (i.e. a few days or a holiday weekend or something like that) with a limit as to how many can be purchased per member (i.e. 2, 5, 10). But let the members know that they are available of course... ;)
Wow! I don't know that I would have paid that much for a set, although I probably would have since I do like them. I didn't know about them having merchandise available at events since I have never been able to go to one yet.
I'm glad you were able to get a set though :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Tue 31, 2010 4:37 pm

MmeLeota is pretty much our D23 Ambassador here. :lol: :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 4:38 pm

elizabethswann wrote:MmeLeota is pretty much our D23 Ambassador here. :lol: :wink:
I like that Ms. Swann! I think we should call her Mme Ambassador :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Tue 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:MmeLeota is pretty much our D23 Ambassador here. :lol: :wink:
I second that motion. She's the only one that's informative with it since not all of us are apart of D23 so it's real good to get an inside look.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 4:41 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
I second that motion. She's the only one that's informative with it since not all of us are apart of D23 so it's real good to get an inside look.
Most of us are, as mindflipper kindly pointed out, simply exorbitantly overpriced magazine subscribers :( :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 31, 2010 8:00 pm

Aw shucks you guys.... :oops:

I'm glad to be of service :D

(btw, if you figure there are 9 patches to the set; $5 a patch = $45 plus tax. It's not too bad since we paid $5 for a Monorail patch before)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 8:45 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Aw shucks you guys.... :oops:

I'm glad to be of service :D

(btw, if you figure there are 9 patches to the set; $5 a patch = $45 plus tax. It's not too bad since we paid $5 for a Monorail patch before)
Not too bad I guess. Thanks Mme Ambassador :D I thought there were 10 patches in all so you helped me out again :lol: