Disney In The Dark - Photo Tribute to Disney Magic at Night

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

When do you think Disney Parks appear the most magical?

During the Day
8%
During the Night
83%
Appears to be no difference to me
8%

Total votes: 84

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Tue 29, 2009 11:40 pm

It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-V1. Believe it or not, it's about five years old, and only a 5-megapixel camera. But I really believe it is one of the best Sony has produced, even though there have been "fancier" cameras since then.
Actually, I do believe it. I have a camera about the same age/megapixels. I love that camera! And the pics aren't too bad either...but we also have a small Nikon camera that's 8 MP...however, there's only 3x optical zoom on it. My camera has 12x optical zoom.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Wed 30, 2009 11:41 am

By the way, imaginationcelebration, your pictures are great too. It's hard to get such crystal clear focus in low light conditions, and you did great. Did you use a tripod?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Wed 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Mousekedude wrote:By the way, imaginationcelebration, your pictures are great too. It's hard to get such crystal clear focus in low light conditions, and you did great. Did you use a tripod?
Where are my manners??? :shock: :oops: Yes, imaginationcelebration...your pictures are great too!

Sorry, I was captivated by the pic of all h**l breaking loose because I've been trying to get a pic like that for a long time now and mine just don't seem to come out like that!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Wed 30, 2009 6:41 pm

I have no new photos from the nighttime (I didn't get to stay very long when I was there on Christmas Eve) but there will be some next time around!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Wed 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Awesome pics. M-dude and Imagination!!! Just beautiful!

I tried really hard this time to get some good shots of the fireworks with my new camera, but I didn't do a very good job. I just couldn't get the timing down of when to snap the picture.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Wed 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Imaginationcelebration, the EPCOT photos are great! I can't imagine what time you took - there's very little people around! It's almost spooky seeing the world showcase that desserted! However, it makes for some wonderful night scenery shots!

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Dec Wed 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Mousekedude wrote:By the way, imaginationcelebration, your pictures are great too. It's hard to get such crystal clear focus in low light conditions, and you did great. Did you use a tripod?
Thank you for saying so Mousekedude and all. Believe it or not all the night photos were without a tripod. I accidently left it in NY. I haven't posted anywhere near all of them yet, but some of them were free hand (fireworks ones) others were on something but needed to be held steady, and for the rest I put it on a garbage can or something stable where I didn't need to steady it. Many of the photos were multiple minute exposures. I used a Kodak Easyshare Z760 6.1 megapixel camera. It has some of the best manual features of my digital cameras and takes the best pictures out of all of them which includes my new Kodak HD camera, which just died after only 5 months of use.

This one was a nice short 6 second exposure, but I had to hand steady it on the log railing:

Last edited by imaginationcelebration on Feb Mon 08, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Dec Thu 31, 2009 2:43 am

Love the pictures everyone, however someone will soon be telling you about size I am sure.

I think the rule is if you have to scroll right or up and down to see the whole picture it is too big.

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Dec Thu 31, 2009 6:55 pm

I didn't know there was a rule, makes sense to have one, but it would have to be more specific than that. Having to scroll would depend on the resolution of your screen. Lower the resolution the more likely you would have to scroll. For me, all of the photos in this thread fit on the screen...no scrolling needed. If anyone knows of this rule off hand please let me know.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Fri 01, 2010 12:27 am

imaginationcelebration, what a fabulous photo! Absolutely beautiful! Just the kind of pic I would attempt to take, but I guarantee it wouldn't come out as well.

Morningsky
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Morningsky » Jan Fri 01, 2010 6:59 pm

IC, that last pic you posted was absolutely gorgeous! you should frame that if u haven't already!

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Jan Fri 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Great stuff everyone. Keep 'em coming! These are awesome!

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Jan Fri 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Thank you for the compliments :oops: I'm glad you've enjoyed them. I know I've thoroughly enjoyed everyone's I've seen and can't wait to see more. Here is one from Epcot:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Sat 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Nice shot of the fountain at Epcot, I.C. I'm a little jealous because I have one just like it that I was going to post, but you beat me to it! :|

So instead, here's a few nice shots with the Castle in them:

This one was taken from the balcony at California Grill (on top of The Contemporary):

I like this one because it was actually almost pitch-dark when I took it, but with the right settings on my camera I was able to pick up all the ambient lighting, which made it look almost like a daylight shot. Way cool:

One of my favorites of the "ice lights":

And I like this one because of the fireworks:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 03, 2010 12:13 am

Whoa, those are all great photos!!