The return of Captain EO

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Mon 03, 2010 5:15 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I'm just hoping that the replacement (at DL anyway) doesn't include a certain cycloptic green character, a by-product of good comedy and a flat surface on the ground upon which we stand... :roll: (would not be a good fit for TL, but I'm sure it would be better than HISTA)
Of course they would probably replace it with a 4-d experience from our lovable blue alien from the MK.... :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 03, 2010 5:20 pm

NaCler wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I'm just hoping that the replacement (at DL anyway) doesn't include a certain cycloptic green character, a by-product of good comedy and a flat surface on the ground upon which we stand... :roll: (would not be a good fit for TL, but I'm sure it would be better than HISTA)
Of course they would probably replace it with a 4-d experience from our lovable blue alien from the MK.... :shock:
I think I'd rather see the cycloptic green character than the lovable blue alien...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Mon 03, 2010 5:23 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I think I'd rather see the cycloptic green character than the lovable blue alien...
SHHHHH!!!!... 2 quirky aliens on a mis-adventure in 3-D??? Disney may be watching... don't help them with any bad ideas... :wink: OR was he a monster? oh well...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 03, 2010 5:28 pm

NaCler wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I think I'd rather see the cycloptic green character than the lovable blue alien...
SHHHHH!!!!... 2 quirky aliens on a mis-adventure in 3-D??? Disney may be watching... don't help them with any bad ideas... :wink: OR was he a monster? oh well...
Hmmm...a monster and an alien...wasn't there a movie..oh wait, wrong studio! ;)

A note to any Disney people who might be reading this...Please do NOT get any ideas about the lovable blue alien and cycloptic green monster!

(I should have called him a monster from the get-go to prevent any confusion...sorry :oops:)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Y'know, it is such a BAD idea, someone at Disney reading this would just love it! :D :wink:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 03, 2010 6:34 pm

mindflipper wrote:Y'know, it is such a BAD idea, someone at Disney reading this would just love it! :D :wink:
NOOOOO!!!! :shock:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Tue 04, 2010 3:06 pm

mindflipper wrote:Y'know, it is such a BAD idea, someone at Disney reading this would just love it! :D :wink:
Absolutely not!!!!!!!! :shock:

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » May Fri 07, 2010 9:56 pm

So there's no official word yet to how long Captain EO might be at WDW?

I'd sure love to go down and see it again. Not sure how to make that happen though! :o
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Sat 08, 2010 9:01 am

casrin wrote:So there's no official word yet to how long Captain EO might be at WDW?

I'd sure love to go down and see it again. Not sure how to make that happen though! :o
Nice... at least casrin is in my corner wanting to see it again. Thought I was alone. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Though I depise it, I don't mind if others like it (just no accounting for taste, that's all)... :roll: :wink:

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » May Sun 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm not thrilled about this.

1. No matter if he was guilty or not of whatever, the Michael Jackson of recent years does not seem to go with the family image of disney - just MHO, I know others feel differently

2. Just because its new to some visitors doesn't make it new. We'd like a 4-D movie that is truly new, not a rerun of one that was made in the early 80s and closed in 1997....disney can do better

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » May Sun 09, 2010 8:43 pm

disneylizzy wrote:I'm not thrilled about this.

1. No matter if he was guilty or not of whatever, the Michael Jackson of recent years does not seem to go with the family image of disney - just MHO, I know others feel differently

2. Just because its new to some visitors doesn't make it new. We'd like a 4-D movie that is truly new, not a rerun of one that was made in the early 80s and closed in 1997....disney can do better
Hear, hear! Have a Dole Whip on me! :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sun 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Disneylizzy wrote:No matter if he was guilty or not of whatever, the Michael Jackson of recent years does not seem to go with the family image of disney
That has bother me too...it seems like because he's dead he's now a saint and all things he had done before (unproven in court) evaporated as if it never happened... :? :roll: I agree, Michael Jackson does not fit with a family-friendly image.

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » May Mon 10, 2010 6:49 am

Doesn't moving forward into the future involve incorporating and sometimes rehashing pieces of the past into it? Look at the movies and fashion. It seems like any siginificant movie or tv series from the 80's is being remade and 80's clothes are making a comeback. Who knows. Maybe 80's rock will make a resurgence too!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Mon 10, 2010 10:39 am

According to Tony Baxter...Captain EO was brought back (to Disneyland) because today's teenagers who are Michael Jackson fans have never seen Captain EO. He likened it to how Walt used to re-release his classic movies every decade or so because children then had never seen them. This was before VHS or anything like that, so theatrical releases were the only way to enjoy movies.

Again...that is Tony Baxter's reasoning for bringing it back...so take it for what it's worth. http://www.endorexpress.net/special-fea ... interview/

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)