78%
I could care less about Hidden Mickey's
4%

Total votes: 55

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Dec Thu 03, 2009 8:43 am

Okay, seriously? The cow was not meant to be a hidden mickey. It was posted as an illustration of how far Disney's genetic branding program has gone.

Mousekedude posted the picture of the fish, len90 said it was branding by Disney, then I posted the cow as more branding by Disney. Never did I mention it is a hidden mickey. Read the posts before getting your panties all in a twist over the pictures. And Sub, if the cow picture "irks" you so much, I can remove it. No skin off my back.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Dec Thu 03, 2009 8:50 am

I think it's intentional because it is comprised of nearly perfect round stones while the other stones in the structure are oblong and because it is almost perfectly upright. What do you think?
I disagree. If it were intentional, the "ears" would have been made smaller.

If you go up and to the left from the left ear on your hidden Mickey, past the reddish brown stone to the pinkish one, I would be more apt to believe that is a Hidden Mickey (pink stone being the face). But I don't think that is intentional either.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Thu 03, 2009 11:45 am

You know, after further thought, I'd have to agree with kcarts. If it were intentional, then they would have had the capability to make it more proportional, so either the "head" would have been bigger, or the "ears" would have been smaller....
UNLESS... as the workers were building it they happened to find those three stones and thought it would be cool to put it that way themselves just for fun, without it being pre-planned. Then it would be "intentional" on their part. I could go for that theory, too. :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Thu 03, 2009 12:02 pm

I like your second theory M-Dude! I look for the Mouse in everything! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Thu 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks, B-B!
I'll bet it's correct too! Those craftsmen are probably Disney nuts too. Disney probably only hires people who love that stuff. :D

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Dec Thu 03, 2009 1:29 pm

After thinking about it a bit, you might have a point there, dude. Perhaps it was made to intentionally look unintentional.

Or is that too conspiracyish? :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Thu 03, 2009 2:07 pm

kcarts wrote:After thinking about it a bit, you might have a point there, dude. Perhaps it was made to intentionally look unintentional.

You never know...this is Disney we're talking about ;)

I am plain awful at finding h.m's while in the the Disney atmoshepre. I happen to see the Unintentional Mickeys everywhere though...

Hey, maybe we can call them UMs...ha ha! :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Thu 03, 2009 4:23 pm

kcarts wrote:After thinking about it a bit, you might have a point there, dude. Perhaps it was made to intentionally look unintentional.

"Intentionally Unintentional"..... hmmmm... I like it... I like it! :mrgreen:
But a conspiracy....? Disney...? Naaawwwww......(said with tongue in cheek).
MmeLeota wrote: Hey, maybe we can call them UMs...ha ha!
Yeah! U.M's for the ones that we just "see" everywhere, but not necessarily done intentionally! I like that too! I make a motion that we adopt that as an official term. Anyone care to second that motion?

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Thu 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Naw, you don't have to remove it. I'm just saying people shouldn't call unintentional Mickeys "Hidden Mickeys"
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Dec Thu 03, 2009 7:06 pm

subsonic wrote:Naw, you don't have to remove it. I'm just saying people shouldn't call unintentional Mickeys "Hidden Mickeys"
But those are the true H.M.!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Dec Thu 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Mousekedude wrote:

"Intentionally Unintentional"..... hmmmm... I like it... I like it! :mrgreen:
But a conspiracy....? Disney...? Naaawwwww......(said with tongue in cheek).
MmeLeota wrote: Hey, maybe we can call them UMs...ha ha!
Yeah! U.M's for the ones that we just "see" everywhere, but not necessarily done intentionally! I like that too! I make a motion that we adopt that as an official term. Anyone care to second that motion?
I'm all for it...Unintentional Mickey's it is....I second the motion.

imaginationcelebration

Re: Hidden and Unintentional Mickey's

Post by imaginationcelebration » Dec Thu 03, 2009 7:55 pm

imaginationcelebration wrote:As a guide:
Hidden Mickeys have to be on Disney Property or merchandise and seem "intentional". Unintentional Mickeys (UM's) can be anything that looks like a Mickey, but is obviously not intentional or on Disney property or merchandise.

Ok, I changed my first post and added this, anyone care to make any suggestions?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Fri 04, 2009 7:44 am

imaginationcelebration wrote:
Hidden Mickeys have to be on Disney Property or merchandise and seem "intentional". Unintentional Mickeys (UM's) can be anything that looks like a Mickey, but is obviously not intentional or on Disney property or merchandise.

Ok, I changed my first post and added this, anyone care to make any suggestions?
That sounds perfect. The only thing I would add is that "hidden mickeys" should also include the ones that some Disney freak like one of us creates somewhere on purpose. For example, I helped create artistic backdrops for our last family reunion, and in painting the clouds I intentionally put in a hidden mickey. So that counts even though it's not on Disney property or merchandise, I would think.
Bottom line: if it's obvious that it was intentionally created by someone, regardless of where, it's a "hidden mickey." If it looks like it's coincidental, or not sure whether someone meant to do it, then it's an "unintentional mickey." All agree?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Fri 04, 2009 11:28 am

Mousekedude wrote:
imaginationcelebration wrote:

That sounds perfect. The only thing I would add is that "hidden mickeys" should also include the ones that some Disney freak like one of us creates somewhere on purpose. For example, I helped create artistic backdrops for our last family reunion, and in painting the clouds I intentionally put in a hidden mickey. So that counts even though it's not on Disney property or merchandise, I would think.
Bottom line: if it's obvious that it was intentionally created by someone, regardless of where, it's a "hidden mickey." If it looks like it's coincidental, or not sure whether someone meant to do it, then it's an "unintentional mickey." All agree?
Sounds good...so if one day you're talking to me and all of a sudden I say "um"; you know why ;) :lol: :razz:

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Dec Sun 06, 2009 10:28 am

Should we differentiate between official Disney hidden mickey's and ones we create somehow?