imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Hidden and Unintentional Mickey's

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Wed 18, 2009 10:05 pm

If posting photos, please read and follow:
subsonic wrote: Photos:
Photos should be limited to a maximum size 800 x 600 or 600 x 800. If your hosting service does not provide this exact measurement then choose the measurement that is close but smaller (example flickr 500 x 415). This will cut down on bandwidth usage and help those with smaller monitors to prevent left right scrolling.
Everyone loves looking for Hidden and Unintentional Mickey's, well not everyone, but many do. I and many others would love to see photos or hear about your finds.

I seem to see Mickey's everywhere I go, so don't feel like you have to be limited to a ride, park, resort, or even Disney itself. A location would be nice so others can hunt it out, but that's up to you. If you like geocaching, coordinates as a description could be a fun way to have someone else find your Mickey too.

As a guide:
Hidden Mickeys have to give the appearance of being "intentional," and I would indicate if it is on Disney property/merchandise or someplace else, say your bathtub at home :) . Unintentional Mickeys (UM's) can be anything that looks like a Mickey, but is obviously not intentional.

As an update per Morningsky (keeping me on my toes as always)...Big obvious Mickeys, like ones on the gates are "decor mickeys", or "deliberate mickeys...otherwise known as DM's.
Last edited by imaginationcelebration on Feb Mon 08, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 18, 2009 11:28 pm

DH and I look for Hidden Mickey's everwhere, not just WDW! :D

We recently tiled our shower and I found a HM, but when we grouted, it must have gotten covered b/c I can't find it anymore, I was disappointed! When I find new ones, I will be sure to post a picture!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Wed 18, 2009 11:52 pm

I look for them everywhere and I try to create them everywhere. I just found an almost hidden mickey on the grandfather clock's face in our house. I sometimes create hidden mickey's by typing 0o0 on the username line of the computer after I log off of it.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Thu 19, 2009 2:50 am

I'm not a big hidden Mickey fan but I tend to see them every once in a great while if I actually look.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Thu 19, 2009 8:24 am

I don't seek them out, but I see them everywhere. I feel like the kid in the Sixth Sense..."I see hidden Mickeys...they don't know their hidden...they're everywhere."
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Thu 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok, it's sad that I don't have one from a Disney location readily on hand for the first photo, but here is an Unintentional Mickey (actually two) on the New York State Capitol Building. I have to give Morningsky credit for this, she noticed them when we were out walking and took photos first, but doesn't have a way to post them yet, so we decided to put mine up.

And just in case you don't see it:

Last edited by imaginationcelebration on Feb Mon 08, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Thu 19, 2009 11:37 pm

OMG, that's so cool!!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 20, 2009 3:43 am

WOW!! That's cool!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Fri 20, 2009 9:21 am

Oh, boy, a whole thread devoted to hidden Mickeys! I'm in heaven!!! :mickey3: :mickey3: :mickey3:

We had a little short thing going about h.m's on the "Disney secrets" thread, but it kind of died out. Then we had a couple mentions of h.m's on the "WDW Nut" thread, too. But a whole thread for it....!!!! YAHOOOOOO...!!!!

So where do I start...? Okay, here we go... (stands up, looks around at the circle of folks sitting in the Hidden Mickeys Anonymous meeting...) "Hi, everyone, my name is Mousekedude, and I see hidden Mickeys everywhere I go..."
(everyone....) "...hi, Mousekedude..."

Okay, some of my h.m. milestones: we were among the first crowds to go on Toy Story Mania within a short time of it first opening, and I spotted a h.m. in the queue. That was exciting, because I realized since the ride was so new, I may have been the first to find it (excited little shiver...). Another one was when they had just repainted the facade above the Hollywood Brown Derby with a new sky background, I spotted one in the clouds.

Those were two of the legitimate (i.e. were actually created on purpose) h.m's that stand out. I have a bunch of accidental/unintentional h.m's I've spotted over the years, but I'd have to say that my favorite is the one on the jogging track in the park near our house. A long time ago, a blob of tar or something got on the track (it's made of concrete, so the tar shows up clearly), and it flattened into the shape of an almost perfect h.m. Whenever DW and I go walking on that track we look for it, and it's still there at least a year after we first saw it.

Okay, that's enough from me for now. I wanted to post some pictures of h.m's we've seen, but our home computer crashed a couple months ago and we lost all our pictures. We do have most of them backed up on an external drive, fortunately, but haven't done a restore on them yet, so I haven't had a chance to see if I can find any h.m. pictures among them. I have some WDW pics on my PC at work, but no h.m. pics there. Well, I can see what my next mission will be... :mrgreen:

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Fri 20, 2009 7:22 pm

That's totally cool Mousekedude. To possibly be the first person to find a legitimate h.m. would be awsome. I can't say that I've ever had that honor. I would love to see your pics someday. I didn't know there were h.m. in those spots. I'm going to try and find them next time I'm there.
Last edited by imaginationcelebration on Nov Fri 20, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morningsky
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Morningsky » Nov Fri 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Thanks for some of the credit I.C. the pictures came out great and posting the whole building and then the close up was a great idea. You know how I love to think outside the box I wonder how many more HMs Albany holds or how many we'll see in WDW in feb.?

imaginationcelebration

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Fri 20, 2009 10:25 pm

I think you will bring back a bunch of h.m. photos from your trip. You've got a good eye for them apparently. I've been by the Capitol countless times and never noticed the Mickeys before.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 4:19 am

OK here it goes. My name is Jacca and I'm addicted to Disney. I see hidden Mickey's every where I go. Even when I'm driving at night I see H.M. on every exit ramp. Really, all you have to do is look at the lights and as you're driving you'll see the H.M. when the lights line up! I figure there's an engineer out there who is also addicted to Disney. He would have to be to leave all those H.M. out there on every ramp! You would be amazed at how many lights all over the place form H.M.? They are every where you turn!

When the sun is just right the shadows from our satellite dishes form a H.M. on the ground. That pretty good because there are only two of them and they still form a H.M.!

Do we all can pins now? That was hard! I think I need a hug!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:53 am

*HUG* for you Jacca! :D

I too am an addict.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:56 am

Babe always from you!! You make me HAPPY to be here!! You're one of my HAPPY THOUGHTS!