78%
I could care less about Hidden Mickey's
4%

Total votes: 55

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Mar Fri 12, 2010 7:42 am

Here's the overhead shot of the HM in DHS - as Len said it best, they destroyed it with giving him a "nose" so to speak - the right ear is Echo Lake and the left was taken out some years ago with a change to what use to be round rooftop but now square. His eyes are soarly faded and trees have overgrown the outline of his head:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 04624&z=18

While we are on topic of overhead HM's in the parks......not sure if anyone has seen this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 02312&z=19

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Mar Fri 12, 2010 8:42 am

Then there's always the par 3 sixth hole at Magnolia.....

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&ie ... 3&t=h&z=20

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Mar Fri 12, 2010 9:32 am

Here is the image I posted elsewhere of what MGM used to look like, before they destroyed it.

99soulz, could you perhaps help me out with what we are supposed to see in Expedition Everest? I don't see an HM.

And while we are on the topic of Google Maps, here is one of the pond in the middle of the Richard Petty Experience track.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 3&t=h&z=18
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Mar Sat 13, 2010 10:42 am

agingerbugg wrote:99soulz, could you perhaps help me out with what we are supposed to see in Expedition Everest? I don't see an HM.

Take a look at the mountain, and then look at the 2 spirals coming out of it from the tracks - hopefully I am not seeing things....

BTW, that pic you posted of DHS is awesome, can't believe they let that get messed up over time.

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Mar Sat 13, 2010 11:32 am

99Soulz wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:99soulz, could you perhaps help me out with what we are supposed to see in Expedition Everest? I don't see an HM.

Take a look at the mountain, and then look at the 2 spirals coming out of it from the tracks - hopefully I am not seeing things....

BTW, that pic you posted of DHS is awesome, can't believe they let that get messed up over time.
You're not seeing things...I see it too.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Mar Mon 15, 2010 7:52 am

I see it now, I was getting distracted by the other track making rabbit-ear-esque shapes between them.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Mon 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Yeah that looks like a HM design. There is also the middle of the track at the Walt Disney World Speedway.

http://www.1800bepetty.com/TrackDiagram ... 0Track.jpg
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Mar Mon 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Wow! I never knew Expedition Everest had a Hidden Mickey on it! That's really cool!

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

imaginationcelebration
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Apr Fri 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Here's a photo that Morningsky sent me from her trip. I guess it would be a Disappearing Mickey!

Chicery
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Re: Hidden and Unintentional Mickey's

Post by Chicery » Jun Thu 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Here's two from Thunder Mountain in Disneyland

This one is on the second hill on the ride itself. It's to the left as you're going up the hill.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Ah yes! The prickly pear cactus! It's amazing how many UMs (Unintentional Mickeys) one might find on a single piece of agriculture!

Chicery

Post by Chicery » Jun Thu 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Actually, I'm fairly sure the cacti are intentionally grown that way. But even if they're not, they're still pretty awesome!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Chicery wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure the cacti are intentionally grown that way. But even if they're not, they're still pretty awesome!
Honestly, I have never tried to intentionally grow a cacti a certain way, but I would think it to be quite difficult. But the prickly pear naturally grows that way, so it's not uncommon to find Mickeys...it's possible that they are trimmed to a point where a Mickey is highly visible since several pads grow on top of each other.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 03, 2010 6:39 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Chicery wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure the cacti are intentionally grown that way. But even if they're not, they're still pretty awesome!
Honestly, I have never tried to intentionally grow a cacti a certain way, but I would think it to be quite difficult. But the prickly pear naturally grows that way, so it's not uncommon to find Mickeys...it's possible that they are trimmed to a point where a Mickey is highly visible since several pads grow on top of each other.
I would have to agree with you MmeLeota, the prickly pear cactus I have here grows into a Mickey without any help ~ maybe it knows it will survive longer here if it is Disney-shaped! Actually I am impressed that they survive the winter here at all...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
I would have to agree with you MmeLeota, the prickly pear cactus I have here grows into a Mickey without any help ~ maybe it knows it will survive longer here if it is Disney-shaped! Actually I am impressed that they survive the winter here at all...
That is pretty amazing! I know we've had cacti die on us during a particularly cold winter.