Get a free ticket for volunteering

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Get a free ticket for volunteering

Post by cap396 » Sep Wed 30, 2009 7:46 am

Here is some info about getting a free one day ticket to either WDW or Disneyland resort if you spend a day doing volunteer work. It's called "Give A Day - Get A Disney Day".

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... Disney-Day

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/09/2 ... -for-being

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Interesting idea. I am surprised that Disney decided to do something like this since I personally thought that they were just going to leave things the way that they were. So I guess there will be no need to redo the parades since it is still part of the What will you celebrate? idea. I am just waiting to see what they come up with as the celebration for when fantasyland is redone.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Oct Thu 01, 2009 8:40 am

I saw that online yesterday I thought it sounded like a pretty cool thing. I wouldn't mind volunteering for a day and then getting a free day to play! If I lived closer to the park (like driving distance) I would definatey do it!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 01, 2009 10:02 am

I agree disneydreamer58, I think it's a neat idea that Disney came up with. I just don't live close enough to the parks to use the one day ticket. If I knew someone that was going and needed the ticket, I would volunteer and give it to them. I would feel good knowing the ticket went to good use. I just think it's a nice idea that Disney is trying to get people to do something good with their time!! :D Way to go Imagineers!

Side note: Did you all hear that the buy 4 get 3 is making a come back?! I don't know exact dates, but we got an e-mail from our guy at Mouseketrips. DH has all the details.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Thu 01, 2009 7:59 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I agree disneydreamer58, I think it's a neat idea that Disney came up with. I just don't live close enough to the parks to use the one day ticket. If I knew someone that was going and needed the ticket, I would volunteer and give it to them. I would feel good knowing the ticket went to good use. I just think it's a nice idea that Disney is trying to get people to do something good with their time!! :D Way to go Imagineers!

Side note: Did you all hear that the buy 4 get 3 is making a come back?! I don't know exact dates, but we got an e-mail from our guy at Mouseketrips. DH has all the details.
Please share all the info. I am hoping that they will run this in June again since that would be a great money saver for us.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Len, I just asked DH and he said the dates are Nov. 1-Dec. 24 and again Jan. 2-Mar. 27. You can also check out Mouseketrips.com

I know you're looking for June, if Disney running this promo again so soon, I'd be willing to bet more dates will follow!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 02, 2009 12:42 am

My DW and I have already volunteered over 70 hours at our DS school this year. How do we get Disney tickets for this? His school has K thru 12 and we've done this every year. I want the tickets! :lol:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Oct Fri 09, 2009 8:43 am

The commercial with Taye Diggs and Miss Piggy is funny. :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 09, 2009 10:40 am

I think the commercials for this have been clever! I get a chuckle out of them every time! :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 09, 2009 12:36 pm

I love that the muppets are making a comeback! :) I think this is a great program and we will be participating for sure!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 03, 2010 4:42 pm

I signed up for the program and my volunteer day is on January 30 and it's with dog socializing. Anything with pets I'm in.

Has anyone else signed up for this? I hope a lot of Subsonic people do it so we can all do a huge meet-up or something!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Mon 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Our volunteer day is January 22nd. We're going to help sort out donations to a thrift store.

For those who wish to participate, but won't be able to use the ticket, there is an option to have your ticket donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters so some less fortunate kids can go the parks. :)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Mon 04, 2010 3:07 pm

boilerbabe wrote:If I knew someone that was going and needed the ticket, I would volunteer and give it to them. I would feel good knowing the ticket went to good use.
Wow, that's very generous of you! I knew we liked you for a reason! :D

Turns out that the dates correspond with our next trip! Wanna donate your ticket to me? :mrgreen: (LOL, just kidding). We actually have season passes, so we won't need to buy park tickets for this trip.

I like the whole concept of this. DW and I do a LOT of volunteer work, but just not with any of the things listed in the conditions of the offer. It's good for people to get into the volunteer spirit, so kudos to Disney for coming up with a way to reward that. Maybe we'll adjust our volunteering to include something that qualifies, and donate our tickets. Hey, maybe we'll donate our tickets to the Boilers so they can meet up with us again! :mrgreen:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Mon 04, 2010 3:33 pm

It is a good thing to offer it to someone else! If I had gone to both parks in my lifetime I know I would have given it to a friend that hasn't had the opportunity to experience either.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 11, 2010 11:58 am

I just did my volunteer work for the Disney "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" promotion. It was collecting non-perishable food for a local food bank. Has anybody else done any of the volunteer oportunities for this free ticket promotion? If so, what volunteer work did you do?