Disney Recipes

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: Disney Recipes

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Amy wrote:Got this in an email from Disney Family today. These are some cute cupcakes, but who would have the patience to decorate them :shock:
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney- ... -cupcakes/
Maybe me because I have no life? :shock: :mrgreen: Those are so cute! Now I want to make them.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:35 pm

There are tons more on the website, I only posted those 3 photos. They all look super cute but labor-intensive :roll: And I don't even really like cupcakes :?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 1:06 am

The problem with most cupcakes is that they made it all about the frosting/toppings. I remember the bakery where I sometimes get lunch had them and the thing was half frosting.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Agreed on that... and I actually don't really like frosting. I usually scrape it off of cake or whatever else it is on. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But I would like to at least decorate some for fun.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The problem with most cupcakes is that they made it all about the frosting/toppings. I remember the bakery where I sometimes get lunch had them and the thing was half frosting.
Soarin08 wrote:Agreed on that... and I actually don't really like frosting. I usually scrape it off of cake or whatever else it is on. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But I would like to at least decorate some for fun.
Ok, I will have to share a cupcake with you guys. I am all about the yummy frosting and really don't care about the dry little nub of cake that is displaying the wonderful sugary topping! :ccat:

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Jul Tue 26, 2011 10:07 am

Amy wrote:There are tons more on the website, I only posted those 3 photos. They all look super cute but labor-intensive :roll: And I don't even really like cupcakes :?
I love cupcakes, but they seem to taste so much better when someone else makes them! I would never have the patience for those, especially the Mater one - crazy detailed. I guess the only way I would do it is if a family member really really wanted them for thier birthday, but that would be pushing it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 26, 2011 1:01 pm

disneylizzy wrote:
Amy wrote:There are tons more on the website, I only posted those 3 photos. They all look super cute but labor-intensive :roll: And I don't even really like cupcakes :?
I love cupcakes, but they seem to taste so much better when someone else makes them! I would never have the patience for those, especially the Mater one - crazy detailed. I guess the only way I would do it is if a family member really really wanted them for thier birthday, but that would be pushing it.
The holidays are about the only time I get creative like that with desserts. My friend always manages to find some impossibly cute cookie or cake that she wants me to make since she isn't crafty. I grumble, but I secretly like the challenge. They don't like it when I point out that the kids don't really care what the dessert looks like, they'll eat just about anything :roll: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Like Wizz et al, I prefer more cake to go with all that frosting I'm scraping off the top...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 26, 2011 4:33 pm

mindflipper wrote:Like Wizz et al, I prefer more cake to go with all that frosting I'm scraping off the top...
Oh boy, I have another person I can share the cupcake stump with! I'll just have the frosting :mrgreen:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Apparently, I was watching this so I can't verify, but people were also trying to make cupcakes like real cake where they would hollow out the the center (with something like an apple corer) and put a filling or more frosting in there too.

The new hotness though is presently in a battle between mini bundt cakes and mini pies.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Apparently, I was watching this so I can't verify, but people were also trying to make cupcakes like real cake where they would hollow out the the center (with something like an apple corer) and put a filling or more frosting in there too.

The new hotness though is presently in a battle between mini bundt cakes and mini pies.
I've seen the mini pies popping up, but not the mini bundts yet...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 26, 2011 10:37 pm

I think the mini pies are east coast and the bundts are west coast. The cupcake trend came out of NYC and Chicago where apparently so many people were damaged as children (by molestery party clowns I guess) that they needed to try and take back their childhood in the form of cupcakes. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 27, 2011 6:32 am

I've seen the little tiny bundt pans, and the cakes that come from them, but not in several years. Perhaps they are coming back into fashion?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 27, 2011 8:49 am

I've never seen the tiny little bundts ever. When were they in fashion?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 27, 2011 3:49 pm

mindflipper wrote:I've never seen the tiny little bundts ever. When were they in fashion?
Well, after conferring with F1gment, we decided sometime in the 80's and/or 90's. I'm leaning more toward the 90's since I wouldn't have been paying much attention to baking in the 80's. Maybe it was only a midwest thing. I'm pretty sure you can still buy the little tiny bundt cake pans though.