Re: Disney Recipes

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Wed 20, 2012 4:20 pm

All sounds sooooooo good. :lol: :D :goofy:

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jun Sat 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Man, that is adorable. I know I'm fully incapable of cooking without mangling the food, but I might just have to give the cake pops a try anyway.
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 23, 2012 11:20 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:Man, that is adorable. I know I'm fully incapable of cooking without mangling the food, but I might just have to give the cake pops a try anyway.
Aren't they cute?? I know I could never make them look half that good though so I'm content with looking at the photos :D

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 8:45 pm

AMA`AMA’s Pineapple-Coconut Cobbler

This delicious dessert blends the rich creaminess of coconut and the tart sweetness of pineapple—Hawai`i’s signature fruits.

At Aulani guests will find authentic island fare with a contemporary twist. Patrick Callarec, executive chef, Aulani, brings 30 years of culinary savoir faire to the new resort’s dining experience. Having worked in Hawai`i before, he was thrilled at the prospect of building a menu for the new resort from the ground up with the Islands’ generous array of local products. “To create this type of contemporary cuisine on an island where you have an incredible abundance of seafood and all the local farmers is great,” the French-born chef says. “It allows you to be very creative and use some of the freshest ingredients in the world.”

Savor some of the sweet flavors of the South Seas with this mouthwatering recipe for Pineapple-Coconut Cobbler. This delicious dessert from Aulani’s `AMA`AMA restaurant blends the rich creaminess of coconut and the tart sweetness of pineapple—Hawai`i’s signature fruits. Top the warm confection with vanilla ice cream and bring the taste of Aulani into your own home.

Ingredients
1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch fine salt
Vanilla ice cream, for serving

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a small (8×6-inch) baking pan; set aside. Combine pineapple and sugar in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until sugar melts and mixture is golden.

Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in coconut, and set aside. Combine flour, sugar, milk, melted butter, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan, and top with pineapple mixture. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Serves 6.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Booo, first recipe you share and I'm allergic to one of the main ingredients :( My friends would probably really like this though ~ so I might try to make it for them sometime.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Amy wrote:Booo, first recipe you share and I'm allergic to one of the main ingredients :( My friends would probably really like this though ~ so I might try to make it for them sometime.
Sorry I didn't know :oops:

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 10:04 pm

It's actually noted in the user agreement that Amy doesn't like Coconut, which is why I always send her tons of coconut cakes. :D

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Well here is another recipe

Practical Café’s Cheesy Enchilada Soup Recipe

Ingredients
Soup
1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
5 yellow corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup corn
5 cups chicken stock
15-ounce can tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon Tapatio hot sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish

Preparation
Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet. When oil is hot, add tortilla strips and stir until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper and corn; cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken stock, tomato puree, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Whisk flour and water in a small bowl and stir into soup. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes. Add chicken and bring back to a simmer. Stir in cream, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans. To serve, garnish with fried tortilla strips and cilantro. Serves 6 to 8.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 19, 2013 6:55 am

Cardinals314 wrote:
Amy wrote:Booo, first recipe you share and I'm allergic to one of the main ingredients :( My friends would probably really like this though ~ so I might try to make it for them sometime.
Sorry I didn't know :oops:
Just teasing you :lol: (Although I am allergic to coconut)
The soup looks good. Have to leave off the cilantro garnish though ~ that stuff tastes like soap to me :shock: Where is the Practical Cafe? Is that a DL restaurant?
Wizzard419 wrote:It's actually noted in the user agreement that Amy doesn't like Coconut, which is why I always send her tons of coconut cakes. :D
Naughty Wizz :evil:
P.S. Send more, I'm almost done with the retaining wall, but I need a few more coconut cake bricks!! ;) :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Wed 19, 2013 7:02 am

I can't look at all of this thread because Google detected malware from "Sillysmilies" ??? Can someone look into this? Feel free to delete this post, too, and let me know what's up. Thanks!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 19, 2013 8:37 am

cy1229 wrote:I can't look at all of this thread because Google detected malware from "Sillysmilies" ??? Can someone look into this? Feel free to delete this post, too, and let me know what's up. Thanks!
It isn't from any of the recent posts. This thread dates back to 2009, so I'm guessing there might be some of the suspicious emoticons in older posts. I'm not getting a warning...
You are missing AMA`AMA’s Pineapple-Coconut Cobbler and Practical Café’s Cheesy Enchilada Soup so far...and Wizzard being naughty :roll: But you have something for your crockpot already for this evening do you not?! ;) :lol:

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 19, 2013 9:11 am

Practical Cafe is at Disney California Adventure.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Wed 19, 2013 11:04 am

It is probably those signature things since those are hosted by a 3rd party site and all...

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jun Wed 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I can't look at all of this thread because Google detected malware from "Sillysmilies" ??? Can someone look into this? Feel free to delete this post, too, and let me know what's up. Thanks!
It isn't from any of the recent posts. This thread dates back to 2009, so I'm guessing there might be some of the suspicious emoticons in older posts. I'm not getting a warning...
You are missing AMA`AMA’s Pineapple-Coconut Cobbler and Practical Café’s Cheesy Enchilada Soup so far...and Wizzard being naughty :roll: But you have something for your crockpot already for this evening do you not?! ;) :lol:
YES! And I only remembered at 11:30 this morning! :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 19, 2013 2:46 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
YES! And I only remembered at 11:30 this morning! :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Whoops! Maybe I should have sent you a facebook message this morning?! :lol: