New Disney Online Check-In Service

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

New Disney Online Check-In Service

Post by napastoy » May Tue 12, 2009 1:53 am

This new online check-in service was suppose start in February , but I've heard little about it and can't find any one who has used it. Anybody used it or heard any reports:?:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Tue 12, 2009 12:35 pm

I got an e-mail about checking in online, I hesitated b/c I don't know of anyone that has tried this yet.

Anyone?!

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » May Tue 12, 2009 12:42 pm

I haven't yet, but I am all about advance check ins whenever possible. For some reason it helps me not stress about getting to the destination in time. Working for an airline I got used to all the new electronic check in's and stuff early :D I would use the system if we get to book our trip for Sept. :mickey:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Jul Thu 09, 2009 8:21 am

The lines for online check in were actually longer at the CBR than the regular lines. We only waited about 5 min to check in at the resort on the 21st of June. We arrived around 1pm and our room was ready! We were also upgraded to preferred and I only paid for a standard room! That was a nice surprise to be so close to Port Royal and the pool! We got a ton of use out of our refill mugs this trip!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Jul Tue 21, 2009 7:07 am

sherabby wrote:The lines for online check in were actually longer at the CBR than the regular lines. We only waited about 5 min to check in at the resort on the 21st of June. We arrived around 1pm and our room was ready! We were also upgraded to preferred and I only paid for a standard room! That was a nice surprise to be so close to Port Royal and the pool! We got a ton of use out of our refill mugs this trip!
That is interesting that the line was longer. I love check in, gets me in the mood for our whole trip so I will keep doing it the old fashioned way.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 21, 2009 10:16 pm

At the Yacht/Beach Club there was never a line for the online check-in... actually there was never a line at the front desk. All the hotels that we went into had a special line set-up for the online check in. I personally do not like it since I think checking in at the hotel is part of the vacation experience. I don't want to really skip over that by just having them issue my key at the desk.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Sat 25, 2009 11:48 pm

I love check-in. Usually it's painless so I don't see the need for this.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Sun 26, 2009 1:07 am

Online check in is barely any different than regular check in. You still have to go to the front desk (obviously) and pick up your packet, but instead of searching for a ready room for you, they already have one picked out according to your specifications (if any). You still do everything else (like pay any fees), you just don't have to wait in a line to do it. By checking in online, you're basically just confirming that you'll be there and giving them a credit card for them to keep on file while you're there (they won't charge anything to it).

I don't see why one wouldn't take advantage of this free service, as you still get the whole check in experience without waiting in line or watching them push buttons on the computer.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sun 26, 2009 1:48 am

spodie wrote:Online check in is barely any different than regular check in. You still have to go to the front desk (obviously) and pick up your packet, but instead of searching for a ready room for you, they already have one picked out according to your specifications (if any). You still do everything else (like pay any fees), you just don't have to wait in a line to do it. By checking in online, you're basically just confirming that you'll be there and giving them a credit card for them to keep on file while you're there (they won't charge anything to it).

I don't see why one wouldn't take advantage of this free service, as you still get the whole check in experience without waiting in line or watching them push buttons on the computer.
Didn't know that at the time. Might try that out next year. I thought it was where you pick up your keys that are pre-printed and that is it. It is nice to see you get the experience but save some time.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"