Cruise line changes...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Cruise line changes...

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Mon 27, 2009 9:21 pm

I am going on the 7 day/night Western Carribean Cruise for my honeymoon this upcoming Saturday, May2. One stop is in Cozumel, Mexico..Mexico, Swine Flu infected Mexico. I just got off the phone with DCL, and as of now they are still going to Cozumel. If the president of the United States of America just came out and said U.S. Citizens should not go to Mexico unless needed, wouldn't you think DCL would make some changes so we could figure out our expensies, and changes that may need to be made? In Mexico we are supposed to do a Dolphin swim excursion all day. If we don't go there I may want to do something different somewhere else. AAGGHHHH Why does this have to happen now!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Mon 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Wow, that's just wrong. They should change their course of direction to protect everyone and not get them infected or exposed. At least take them somewhere to Europe!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Mon 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Eeeekkkk! I would think/hope Disney would take more precautions! I don't blame you for being upset. I was watching on the news last night about the Swine Flu. Scary stuff! I think DCL should change their course for the safety of their passengers.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Apr Mon 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Wow, that's weird that they wouldn't change the course, however, I'm sure that they are keeping up-to-date on the epidemic - the media has really gotten ahold of the story over the past day or two. You'll see how germophobic DCL is when you get on the ship though - they have hand sanitizer and signs promoting hand-washing and cleanliness EVERYWHERE and they even have people designated to chase you down with those wipes before you enter restaurants for meals. They know that it only takes one or two people to get the whole ship sick, as everyone is living in very close quarters.

Based on DCL's level of cleanliness, I wouldn't freak out too much about what they are planning to do.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Apr Tue 28, 2009 8:43 am

I bet they change if it gets much worse! Most tv dr.'s are saying it will take about 5-7 days from yesterday to see what is going to happen. I guess you could cancell the dolphins and stay on the ship? Although, you don;t want to do this, it maybe for the best. I am sorry this is happening to you on your special cruise.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Tue 28, 2009 11:27 am

The way I look at it is this. If we cancell and don't go off the boat, there will still be people leaving. We can catch it from them jsut as easily, so we would still go swim the the dolphins. We are hoping they just switch ports and do the right thing. If we did not get off the boat, but still got sick I woul be be regretful and furious. My wife is a pharmacist and may be getting us the meds to try and prevent catching it. I will keep you all informed.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » Apr Tue 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Well that is good news! Take your flu meds with you!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Tue 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Be very careful when you go. I'd avoid all contact with others as much as possible.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Tue 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Well, Carnival, Discovery, and few other cruise lines just announced they are staying away from mexico. I called DCL and for some reason, as of now they are still going. I do not feel safe at all now. There has to be a reason why every other cruise line won't go there.

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Apr Tue 28, 2009 5:45 pm

you could just as easily get swine flu on your next trip to the mall. unless the gov issues a mandatory "dont go to mexico" statement, and not just suggestion to not go, then i wouldnt worry about it. go swim with dolphins...it will be fun!!! :goofy_bounce:
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 28, 2009 6:54 pm

ckc0915 wrote:you could just as easily get swine flu on your next trip to the mall. unless the gov issues a mandatory "dont go to mexico" statement, and not just suggestion to not go, then i wouldnt worry about it. go swim with dolphins...it will be fun!!! :goofy_bounce:
So do you know what everbody you came in contact with today had? Just look at what happened at the school in NY. All it takes is one person and that can be anyone.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Tue 28, 2009 6:54 pm

ckc0915 wrote:you could just as easily get swine flu on your next trip to the mall. unless the gov issues a mandatory "dont go to mexico" statement, and not just suggestion to not go, then i wouldnt worry about it. go swim with dolphins...it will be fun!!! :goofy_bounce:
If I didn't have school today and tomorrow, I would end up becoming a shut-in.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Tue 28, 2009 6:57 pm

I say go swim with the dolphins, if you can get meds for this flu, then take those just to be on the safe side. Just try and enjoy! :)

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Tue 28, 2009 8:55 pm

An agent just told me that unofficially we are no longer going to Cozumel, bt they have no idea what else we would do, which is why it is still "unofficial".

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » Apr Tue 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Len90 wrote:
So do you know what everbody you came in contact with today had? Just look at what happened at the school in NY. All it takes is one person and that can be anyone.
no i was just saying that you could potentially get the swine flu anywhere that you go, so dont be afraid to go do things right now just because of the flu. unless we are all told to stay in our houses, then we shouldnt be scared of going outside. thats all i was saying...