Disney Parks commercial: HORRIBLE INACCURACIES!

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Tue 21, 2009 7:22 pm

acp wrote:
Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:PONCHOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ponchos? Pfft! Don't be a wimp and just get wet :P

Andy. Can't. Stand. Ponchos.
Ponchos are evil. I even hate wearing them when it's raining over at DLR.

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Apr Wed 22, 2009 9:09 am

I guess we are just too darn smart. :wink: The normal Disney guest would never notice those things, and that is who Disney caters too. If they would live up to our (I should state that we are not normal to other people who visit Disney parks,we are not the standard visitor) standards things would be much different. :mickey: I kinda like that idea too, but it isn't going to happen. :cry:
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Apr Wed 22, 2009 10:57 am

wow. i love that shirt and i never noticed the castle was wrong! :shock:
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by napastoy » Apr Wed 22, 2009 6:16 pm

acp wrote:
Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:PONCHOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ponchos? Pfft! Don't be a wimp and just get wet :P

Andy. Can't. Stand. Ponchos.

Off topic I know, but in 2007 we visited in March and they had one of worst storms we ever experienced during a trip.

My husband was always "MR.-I'M-A-HE-MAN-I-DON'T-NEED-NO-STINKING-PONCHO!"

That all changed quickly...it was pouring, thunder and lighting...and now he decides we need ponchos! There was not a poncho left anyway so we did the retail bag thing...by the time we got back to our resort, they were mopping behind us as we went through the lobby.Lol!
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Wed 22, 2009 7:35 pm

I looked at that shirt when it was for sale a couple of years ago, and the wrong castle business was what talked me out of buying it. I think their merchandise homogenization has gotten out of control and while I'm sure it costs less to produce these things generically for every park in North America, there has to be some component of revenue they're losing out on because of it. There was a time back in the day I'd get an MK and Epcot specific souvenir each trip. Can't really do that anymore.

The commercial using the wrong castle is just bafflingly cheap sounding to me. I suppose I'm okay with some of the genuine cost cutting measures given the economy (though the Disney company has no business crying poor, imo), but that's just incredibly sloppy.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Disney Parks commercial: HORRIBLE INACCURACIES!

Post by MetalRage » Apr Wed 22, 2009 8:50 pm

annafab wrote:lol That might be a little dramatic.

BUT

I live out here on the West Coast and there's this Disney Parks commercial that starts out with little Dumbos flying over Cinderella's castle (in WDW) AND THEN it goes to a family looking at prices on a computer for Disneyland! Every time it comes on I start ranting and then my roommate tells me that "normal" people wouldn't notice such an error. *sigh*

But you all understand, right? lol
Lol i would notice something like that :lol:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Apr Wed 22, 2009 11:37 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:You think that's bad? The "Por favor..." shirt had "Walt Disney World" at the bottom and Sleeping Beauty Castle in the background! This was sold at WDW if I am not mistaken!
OMGosh. That reminds me of my mug! I bought this mug last year at Disney World that has Walt and a picture of Main St USA in black and white on it with a colored in animated Mickey looking up at him. I LOVE the mug but the Main St USA is the one in Disneyland because you can CLEARLY see Sleeping Beauty's castle in the back. It's not quite as clear as the shirt, and I didn't notice it until after I had bought it. But I do love the design despite the inaccuracy.

PS Thanks for the support, guys. "Hi. My name is Anna and I'm a Disneyholic."
:nemo:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Thu 23, 2009 12:26 am

annafab wrote: PS Thanks for the support, guys. "Hi. My name is Anna and I'm a Disneyholic."
HI ANNA!!

There are a lot of inaccuracies. For example, there was this really cool magnet at DHS that was park specific when we went last year. Here is a picture of it... do you see the issue?

Oooppps! I picked up on this right away and even yelled it out in the store we bought it from (It was right around the Backlot Tour).
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

coasterfiend
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by coasterfiend » Jul Sat 18, 2009 10:11 am

ckc0915 wrote:wow. i love that shirt and i never noticed the castle was wrong! :shock:
Ditto :oops: ! My son and husband each have one . . . and we call ourselves Disney fans!

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Sat 18, 2009 1:14 pm

coasterfiend wrote:
ckc0915 wrote:wow. i love that shirt and i never noticed the castle was wrong! :shock:
Ditto :oops: ! My son and husband each have one . . . and we call ourselves Disney fans!
Same here - it seems like there are a lot of us! The monorail in the picture also looks awfully like a Disneyland monorail. I don't know if I've ever seen that style in Disney World.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jul Sat 18, 2009 4:19 pm

You wanna talk about inaccuracies...

The Ticket and Transportation center and front of Magic Kingdom (including the monorail stations and waiting areas for the ferry boats) plays Yoda's theme from Star Wars/Tours. For those who don't know, Star Tours is not in Tomorrowland, but at the Studios park at WDW.

There was/is a commercial for the hollidays at WDW with a snowman as a guest. They show him doing all sorts of stuff at Magic Kingdom then somehow he magically transports himself to Disneyland and is on Indiana Jones Adventure (that snake looks huge! :shock: ). At the end, it looks like he is on Main Street at Disneyland not Magic Kingdom (I could be wrong on that though.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Sat 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Speaking of, DLR's esplanade plays music from Phantom Manor. I have proof of it in my iTunes.