What Disney Ride or Show WOW'd You The First Time?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Mon 20, 2009 2:21 pm

spodie wrote:Soarin' blew me away when we first rode it. Also, IllumiNations did as well. Believe it or not, I didn't see IllumiNations until a school field trip in 8th grade. After I saw it, it's all I talked about for days. Now, I know the finale so well that I think it's more fun to watch the expression on everyone's face behind me than to watch the show!
Ooh, I forgot to consider nighttime stuff (for some reason :lol:). RoE still wows me, too. Even the music alone. I'll be sad when it gets replaced, but at least I can replay it in my head as needed.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Apr Mon 20, 2009 2:35 pm

I can remember 3 off the top of my head...

1) Rock n Rollercoaster - that first time was intense!! From initial take off and throughout the entire ride was nothing like I've ever done before - it was the first of it's kind with that kind of start.

2) Splash Mountain - it was obviously just a flume ride from the outside but when we went inside for the first time I was amazed how much theming they did. No way I thought they could fit all of that inside that building.

3) Mickey's Philharmagic - To this day that attraction still amazes me. Has the best 3-D effects, plus the added 4th D of smells/effects to give that extra Disney magic.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 20, 2009 2:35 pm

I forgot the Sky Buckets at night. Now that was great! 8-)
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Apr Mon 20, 2009 4:02 pm

1) Soarin' really impressed me when I went on it the first time at DL. Since Disneyland is a 6 hour flight for me, I don't go there nearly as often as WDW. At that time, I was really disappointed that WDW didn't have that ride. Everything from the animation, ride, and smells blew me away.

2) Philarmagic- I was impressed with how the imagineers incorporated almost every major Disney animated movie in one attraction.

3)Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin- I loved how interactive the ride was

4)) Toy Story Mania- This brings everything to a new level- 3D, cool games, and great ride

5) Spectromagic- I couldn't believe how many lights Disney could put on one float
Mark86

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Apr Mon 20, 2009 9:31 pm

I was only 15 years old on my first (and only) trip to Disneyland. Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean blew me away. I remember coming home, telling my friend "they had real-looking ghosts dancing." The stretching room impressed me, too.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Apr Mon 20, 2009 9:54 pm

The Aladdin show @ California Adventure (AMAZING choreography and Genie is hilarious!), Tower of Terror (the one at WDW is better btw), Peter Pan's flight (I LOVE Peter Pan), and Space Mountain (because I was 5 and my dad forced me to go on...and I cried).
:nemo:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Mon 20, 2009 10:32 pm

Wow reading through this, I didn't realize I left out so many things.

The first time I saw Wishes I was just mesmerized. I was just fascinated by the 180 degrees of fireworks.
Philharmagic: It still can almost bring me to tears and I have seen it sooooo many times. I remember that in our first visit after it opened, we must have seen it 3-4 times. The Lion King scene and Aladdin scenes really just make me speechless.
Finally, SpectroMagic, just seeing the parade blew me away. Then seeing the characters all lit up made me stop and say wow.

There is just so much that you can so easily forget all that made you stop so you can soak it up.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Tue 21, 2009 11:00 am

Captain EO was probably the coolest thing I had ever seen when I saw it for the first time. I was only 4 years old and I thought I could reach out and grab those meteors!
Ariel reaching out during Philharmagic still gives me chills.
Soarin' definitely lived up to the hype when I rode it for the first time...actually every time. Just make sure you are on the front row of section B.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Apr Wed 22, 2009 8:53 pm

for me it was walking into/around EPCOT when i was little for the first time. And I still get that same feeling everytime I walk in EPCOT
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Thu 23, 2009 9:19 am

A real WOW was the first time my oldest son saw the main entrance to WDW. He got so excited I had to remind him that we weren't to the hotel yet. He got so excited I was worried he was gonna pass out! He almost couldn't breath and was shaking. We were laughing so hard we had tears. That was one of those trips we were going be there for a week and ended being there for 11 days. The only reason we didn't stay longer was because of g** days and problems getting a decent room.

It's a little off topic, but the first time we took the boys to the American Museum of Natural History in New York, my youngest son almost lost it in the lobby. They have some very large Dinos there and he didn't want to leave until we told him that they had a whole floor of dinos. We spent 5 hours with the dinos, he had to read about everyone of them. Now those are WOW memories. :D :lol:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

HauntedMansion74
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by HauntedMansion74 » Apr Mon 27, 2009 1:20 pm

WDW in general wowd me but for the first time I rode pirates and haunted mansion as a kid was great! The rides now that wowd me were rock ans roll roller coaster and everest!
Who is the fairest in the land! Snow White is the fairest in the land!! We all have something great to add to the world which makes us all the fairest in the land!!!

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » May Mon 11, 2009 10:04 am

Festival of the lion king, Soarin', Kilimanjaro safari, and the fireworks are my WOW :wave: :figment:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » May Mon 11, 2009 4:07 pm

I can say my number one is Soarin', then would also have to say Festival of the Lion King Show......and of course, Wishes!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Mon 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Horizons. Definitely Horizons.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Atomic
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Atomic » May Tue 12, 2009 2:34 pm

The first time I saw Fantasmic it blew me away. And Star Tours when it first came out, that was incredible.