My Thoughts: DLR Magic Kingdom vs. WDW Magic Kingdom.

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Sat 26, 2009 11:30 pm

Funny, addlema, I didn't know you posted this. :) What a great comparison, I agree with all your points. What's even better is that I got to take you to Disneyland! :) That was a great trip.

And Ravenscroft. Since then, as you know, we got evacuated from Space Mountain at brake zone 8 :) That's the first zone after the top of the mountain. :) Whee!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

keneka
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by keneka » Nov Sat 14, 2009 7:51 am

I like wdw best because of the space they have and the fact that although dla has many of the original rides first by the time they have got to wdw they have been perfected even more. I love the version of pirates better in dla because of the blue bayou restaurant (also paris has blue lagoon) don't know why wdw didn't have a restaurant (they could have use the shop area and had a shop opposite, I like there being a indy ride in adventureland and I love new orleans square in dla and liberty sq in wdw because they are unique to those parks.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 14, 2009 12:36 pm

I agree POTC is better is DLR and DLP than WDW. DLR is longer than WDW and has the Blue Bayou Restaurant, and DLP has a restaurant too and the two sword-fighters that makes it better than WDW.

WDW MK is spread out in more space, and DLP MK even more so. DLP MK to me has the widest Main Street and sidewalks on Main Street, and on top of that they have indoor corridors that run parallel to Main Street behind the shops. The crowds can still move with no hinderance while people stand/sit for a parade at DLP, no so easily at DLR MK or WDW MK.

However, the smaller size does have an advantage at DLR MK - it is quicker to move around the park. And on top of that, DLR MK has rides that are located at other parks in WDW other than MK - Star Tours and an Indy Jones attraction of some kind. Likewise, DLP MK also has one of each located in its MK too.

It's easy to find advantages and disadvantages to each MK at DLR, WDW and DLP.