In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Favorite Attractions (for the CM's)

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Fri 03, 2009 2:14 pm

For all of you CM's out there...

What was your favorite attraction that you worked and why?

I wasn't a CM...but I think Soarin' would have been a fun one...putting the people in their rows right before boarding. I had a chance to talk to a CM for a little while last time I rode it. I thought it seemed like a great attraction for a CM to strike up some great conversations.

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Apr Mon 06, 2009 10:38 am

i did the college program in Fall '07. i worked fantasyland west attractions. small world, peter pan and cinderellas carrousel. each attraction had its ups and downs to work. with peter pan, fastpass merge was always terrible, as was loading. i didnt mind walking on the belts too much, good exercise i guess. small world, despite what everyone thinks, is not that bad to work. the music CAN be blocked out, its easy to load, kids are usually always smiling there. waving from the tower was cool. the carrousel was fun but you are the only person there. when i worked, there were no cameras on it to see the other side, so it was hard to keep track of everyone, but they have updated the console there to make it easier for the CMs. one of my favorite "magical moments" that i would do is find a little princess dressed as cinderella and tell her about cinderellas horse and then let them in first and show them to the horse. they always loved that. i guess small world was my fave, it always slowed down at the end of the night, peter pan always had a line. no matter what time of day. no down time there at all! i miss those days...
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Mon 06, 2009 5:24 pm

I like how you said each attraction had its ups and downs after mentioning the carousel! I am sure that had more ups and downs than the others. Ha!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » Apr Mon 06, 2009 6:44 pm

haha i didnt even notice that!! :lol:
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sun 27, 2009 12:32 am

Ohhh I thought you were asking which attractions CMs personally liked as opposed to regular guests.... my bad! :oops:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Mon 28, 2009 1:52 pm

I knew Main Street Vehicles, Star tours, and Space Mountain. Hands down Space Mountain was my favorite to work on not to mention my favorite ride at the parks. The pace was fast and the ride is awesome.

Each has their ups and downs though. I really enjoyed Main Street Vehicles because it has the best costume (vest and tie) and there were tons of guest interaction. I felt very special to have known the vehicles.

I hope to retire and work there again.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

asmaha
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by asmaha » Oct Thu 15, 2009 6:08 pm

LOVED working in Transportation on the boats. Shifts were relaxing, watching the sun come up over the MK while we got ready or driving sleeping kids home at the end of the night. It was removed from the heat and we could only go as fast as we could...so there was little pressure. It was nice to be in full control, too...made the day go by. Piloting or being a deckhand both had advantantages, and we always seemed less stresed than the Monorial crew. Great times and it'll return when it's time to find a retirement job.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 15, 2009 6:20 pm

I have a nephew who is currently in the college program at WDW and he's working Big Thunder Mountain. He loves it and is having a blast!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Oct Thu 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Didn't work the attractions, but I liked working custodial near Great Movie Ride the best. I love the music in the courtyard, loved walking by the CMs near the entrance and chatting with them.

Also, if you're facing Hollywood Blvd, then to the left is the border to the Backlands, and it was fun to chat with other custodials around there.

During the special events, they use the Icon Stage, and if you're lucky to work that zone, you get to see whoever was featured whether it be soap stars, athletes or musicians.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Didn't work the attractions, but I liked working custodial near Great Movie Ride the best. I love the music in the courtyard, loved walking by the CMs near the entrance and chatting with them.

Also, if you're facing Hollywood Blvd, then to the left is the border to the Backlands, and it was fun to chat with other custodials around there.

During the special events, they use the Icon Stage, and if you're lucky to work that zone, you get to see whoever was featured whether it be soap stars, athletes or musicians.
The Icon Stage, is that right next to the pond? You know near Gertie.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Oct Fri 16, 2009 2:34 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Didn't work the attractions, but I liked working custodial near Great Movie Ride the best. I love the music in the courtyard, loved walking by the CMs near the entrance and chatting with them.

The Icon Stage, is that right next to the pond? You know near Gertie.
Icon is CM speak for the hat. The Icon Stage will be the temporary stage they put in front of it for special events.

As for me, I didn't work Attractions, however I quite liked working at the ice cream cart on the little island between Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. It was always fun seeing people's expressions after they come out of the attractions and talking to them about what they thought of them.

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 16, 2009 12:34 pm

I never worked for Disney, but I did work in a much smaller theme park. My favorite was always working the shows. Being a theatre geek, I had fun warming the crowd before the show. We also had a Jungle Cruise type ride (with a different theme). I liked it to a point...we were timed and we couldn't stray from the boring script (and of course we did, but got in trouble for it) and it was probably the most difficult to keep interesting for the guests.

For any CM's out there, how is working the shows/Jungle Cruise in comparison?

natatomic
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by natatomic » Nov Mon 02, 2009 8:44 pm

I've only worked the one attraction - Splash Mountain at WDW - but I LOVED it. Granted, FastPass Merge point was a little bit of hell most of the time, as was FastPass return, but every job has it's highs and lows. It's definitely been my favorite job I've ever had so far. I'm doing a second Disney College Program this January, and I'll more than likely be on a different attraction (I assume), so I'll be sure to come back and let you know how the new one compares!
http://natatomic.blogspot.com