Cruises for young adults/college-age?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Cruises for young adults/college-age?

Post by annafab » Mar Sat 28, 2009 5:17 pm

My mom's been considering taking the family on a Disney cruise ever since she saw the Travel Channel episode of the Disney cruise lines. I watched it too and it seems like they have stuff for every age group...except the 18-23 crowd. You know, that awkward age where you're not a teenager but you don't want to be doing stuffy adult stuff all the time. My sisters and I would be 15, 18, and 21. My 15 year old sister would be fine hanging by herself. But what would I and my 18-yr old sister do for fun?
:nemo:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Sat 28, 2009 5:26 pm

I also remember watching on the Travel Channel that there are some little dance clubs for the teenagers. Your best bet is to look through the pages of the Cruise Line site here: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/e ... eltoDCL001

There might be some page that does a breakdown of what certain age groups can do.

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Mar Sat 28, 2009 6:34 pm

We looked at the site and they have specific stuff for little kids, bigger kids, teens, and adults. A lot of the teen stuff is exclusively for like 14-17 year olds, so my 18 yr-old sister couldn't go, apparently. (And I wouldn't want to be doing that anyway.) My mom is saying we'd just have to make friends. lol

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sat 28, 2009 7:12 pm

What about hanging at the pool or the shows?! From what I remembere they have a movie theater on board too.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Mar Sun 29, 2009 1:42 am

My sister and I fell into that age group last summer when we went on the cruise: I was 20 and she was 18, so it initially felt like we were stuck in Limbo. However, that was not the case - there was still SO much to do! We spent a lot of time at the Quiet Cove. It is technically reserved for adults 18 and up, but I saw a few people there that looked like they were in their earlier teens, but no one said anything because they were being respectful and not making any noise or bothering anyone. There are shows every night and you can catch movies in the theater all day long. There were foosball tables, ping pong tables and basketball courts on Decks 9 and 10. There are also plenty of excursions offered on days that you're in port.

Trust me, I thought that there wouldn't be too much to do, but there is PLENTY to keep everyone busy during their vacation!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Mar Sun 29, 2009 2:50 pm

I am 28, and my wife is 25. We are about to go on our first disney cruise on may 2 and shared your fears. After watching all of the videos they have set us, adn googling reviews I cant wait!!! There really is something for everyone!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Mar Tue 31, 2009 5:18 pm

spodie wrote:My sister and I fell into that age group last summer when we went on the cruise: I was 20 and she was 18, so it initially felt like we were stuck in Limbo. However, that was not the case - there was still SO much to do! We spent a lot of time at the Quiet Cove. It is technically reserved for adults 18 and up, but I saw a few people there that looked like they were in their earlier teens, but no one said anything because they were being respectful and not making any noise or bothering anyone. There are shows every night and you can catch movies in the theater all day long. There were foosball tables, ping pong tables and basketball courts on Decks 9 and 10. There are also plenty of excursions offered on days that you're in port.

Trust me, I thought that there wouldn't be too much to do, but there is PLENTY to keep everyone busy during their vacation!
Thanks for the input! I was really hoping someone on here had encountered the same problem and had some post-trip advice.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Mar Tue 31, 2009 9:11 pm

For the past few nights I have been going to www.wdwinfo.com and have checked out teh cruise line section. You can look at past personal navigators and see exactly what they offer everyone. I cant wait now 1 month to go!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

spodie

Post by spodie » Mar Tue 31, 2009 9:32 pm

annafab wrote:Thanks for the input! I was really hoping someone on here had encountered the same problem and had some post-trip advice.
No problem! It's really hard to explain - it's one of those, "Once you go, you know" type things.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]