Disney Cruise - 1st Timer Help!!!

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Enchantment
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Enchantment » Feb Fri 19, 2010 7:07 am

Wow everybody - great information. My family and I will be going on our first cruise ever and your tips are fantastic. BUT, I need more info/tips regarding getting sick on the boat. Looked up some horror stories of not being able to get on the ship if they "think" your not feeling well, and illnesses following being in the pools, etc.... I've got a feeling that I won't be IN the water on the boat.

ALSO - we'll be going in mid-November. What is the weather like? High winds? Cooler on the cruise than on land back at WDW?

Thanks.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

In addition to sunscreen, bring some aloe vera in case you do get burned anyways. Even with really strong sunscreen, I still managed to get burned one day. This was on a Royal Caribbean cruise, but the aloe vera we bought in the gift shop because we didn't think to bring any was just insanely priced!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » May Thu 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Enchantment wrote:Wow everybody - great information. My family and I will be going on our first cruise ever and your tips are fantastic. BUT, I need more info/tips regarding getting sick on the boat. Looked up some horror stories of not being able to get on the ship if they "think" your not feeling well, and illnesses following being in the pools, etc.... I've got a feeling that I won't be IN the water on the boat.

ALSO - we'll be going in mid-November. What is the weather like? High winds? Cooler on the cruise than on land back at WDW?

Thanks.
I just returned from my first Disney cruise. I've done other cruises before - Disney does a really nice job. You will love it.

Are you worried about getting sick from Noro virus or due to ship rocking??

If it's Noro virus, just be careful with your hands. Wash them frequently and before you eat or do anything else where your hands touch your face or go near your mouth. Use the hand wipes and sanitizer on the ship. I've been on many many cruises & have never gotten sick.

The cruise line gives you a form to fill out that asks you if you're sick before you board. Fill the form out truthfully but if you just have an upset stomach b/c of heartburn or you're coughing because of allergies, you may want to leave that information off of the sheet.

They're just trying to make sure that nobody with a virus boards. If they think you have a virus you could be quarantined to your cabin.

Most likely the ship rocking won't be an issue for you. But just in case, bring non-drowsy Bonine or Dramamine. If you take these you'll be fine.

Wondering if the original poster enjoyed the cruise??