Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 18, 2012 6:35 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:The bus departs right outside the Port Orleans lobby area and food court area to your right near the arcade area. I don't know if you've ever seen that area but it looks like a boardwalk, it's a really pretty resort. Oh, how I want to go back!!!!!
Never been to see this resort, but the more I hear about it, the more I want to check it out on our next trip! That would be fun having the boat as a transportation option. Does the boat get super crowded or do most people opt for the bus? Do you think the boat ride is comparable in time to the bus for getting places?
The boat only goes to downtown Disney. Any time we have been the boat has never been busy, it stops at the French Quarter to pick up and drop off as well. We do go in off season though so maybe it gets busier later in the year.
Ah, just shopping then. Still fun to have that option of taking the boat. Those do tend to be a little more stressful for me though as it is sometimes hard helping F1gment get situated with her ECV while people are pushing and shoving to get on or off. We rarely get to sit together either. I suppose if it only goes to Downtown Disney then it probably never is super, super crowded. I'll have to pull up a map one of these days to see how it gets there. I'm not picturing where POR and FQ are in relationship to DTD...

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 18, 2012 9:38 am

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:The bus departs right outside the Port Orleans lobby area and food court area to your right near the arcade area. I don't know if you've ever seen that area but it looks like a boardwalk, it's a really pretty resort. Oh, how I want to go back!!!!!
Never been to see this resort, but the more I hear about it, the more I want to check it out on our next trip! That would be fun having the boat as a transportation option. Does the boat get super crowded or do most people opt for the bus? Do you think the boat ride is comparable in time to the bus for getting places?
Yeah we liked the idea of a boat ride to Downtown Disney. It was worth it in my opinion. I think we didn't even have to fold up our stroller which was nice when you have tons of stuff in it/on it etc :lol: (Of course I'm talking about bags, etc not the baby :lol: ) I believe we went after breakfast time frame and it was not crowded at all, empty rows I believe. Now when we came back after a few hours it was pretty lined up when we were getting off so I'm sure it's kind of like the buses depending on time of day, etc but I still would choose the boat to Downtown Disney rather than taking the bus there. I can't remember the time frame of how long it took us but to me it did not seem long and I would think it would be faster since you don't have to deal with other traffic like you would on the road.

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 18, 2012 9:57 am

Amy wrote: Ah, just shopping then. Still fun to have that option of taking the boat. Those do tend to be a little more stressful for me though as it is sometimes hard helping F1gment get situated with her ECV while people are pushing and shoving to get on or off. We rarely get to sit together either. I suppose if it only goes to Downtown Disney then it probably never is super, super crowded. I'll have to pull up a map one of these days to see how it gets there. I'm not picturing where POR and FQ are in relationship to DTD...
Well I remember the Captain being very accommodating with the stroller getting on and even getting back off at the resort. He made the line that was lined up step aside so I could come through with the stroller this being because it was the only way a stroller, etc could get back out. Yeah the buses can get kind of crazy. We have lots of times where we are rarely together. I'm kicking myself that since we drove this last time we didn't take our car to Magic Kingdom to avoid some of the crammed in bus sessions! I'm thinking the boat if busy could be a longer wait since it doesn't hold as much as the bus would but then again you might have to compare it to how long you wait for a bus compared to the boat departure. So it's probably minuscule, and I would still choose it over the bus though. On the boat ride it goes past a couple of other resorts Treetop Villas, which were really cool to see.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jun Mon 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:I don't know much about Coronado Springs but I think you will love Port Orleans! They also have a boat ride to Downtown Disney which was awesome too! We usually stay at Pop so we did miss all the huge Disney icons around the resort but we still enjoyed Port Orleans.
Oh my, I would think there would be a huge difference in atmosphere between Pop and Port Orleans! Where in Downtown Disney does the boat from Port Orleans drop you off?
the pier out by Rainforest Cafe, think it was red flag service...

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jun Mon 18, 2012 3:23 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Amy wrote: Ah, just shopping then. Still fun to have that option of taking the boat. Those do tend to be a little more stressful for me though as it is sometimes hard helping F1gment get situated with her ECV while people are pushing and shoving to get on or off. We rarely get to sit together either. I suppose if it only goes to Downtown Disney then it probably never is super, super crowded. I'll have to pull up a map one of these days to see how it gets there. I'm not picturing where POR and FQ are in relationship to DTD...
POR and FQ are just a single street east of the main parking for EPCOT...

the boats leave POR, stop at a pier at FQ, pass the treetop villas, there is a split in the canal leading to a DVC, then through a few holes of a golf course, then pass saratoga, then we leave the channel and into the lake

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 18, 2012 3:38 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
POR and FQ are just a single street east of the main parking for EPCOT...

the boats leave POR, stop at a pier at FQ, pass the treetop villas, there is a split in the canal leading to a DVC, then through a few holes of a golf course, then pass saratoga, then we leave the channel and into the lake
Wow you've got it down! I'm so glad you do because that will give me a mental picture of our boat trip which probably makes me mental, but oh well! Gotta love Disney memories! :D

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jun Sat 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Favorite lobby: The Beach Club. I know it's not all that "special" or "eccentric", but it makes me so, so happy.
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 25, 2012 4:26 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:Favorite lobby: The Beach Club. I know it's not all that "special" or "eccentric", but it makes me so, so happy.
And that's the most important thing!

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:14 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:Favorite lobby: The Beach Club. I know it's not all that "special" or "eccentric", but it makes me so, so happy.
And that's the most important thing!
Exactly, what else is Disney about? :D
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Can't argue with that.

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Tue 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Love many of the WDW resorts, but have to go with the Grand Californian out here at the DLR, especially beautiful at Christmas (aren't they all?). The Californian really feels right for the area and history. While I think the Grand Floridian is great, it is so similar to the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego ( see the movie "Some Like It Hot"), that, along with the Wilderness Lodge, doesn't quite give me the same sense of place. No real lobby, but I love the whole atmosphere ar the Carib Resort!
Last edited by DisneySpin on Aug Mon 13, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Tue 26, 2012 5:19 pm

As I'm reading this I just stopped at resort and answered and now I'm getting that it was meant to be resort lobby :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 26, 2012 5:34 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:As I'm reading this I just stopped at resort and answered and now I'm getting that it was meant to be resort lobby :lol:
:lol: Well, is your favorite resort the same as your favorite resort lobby? If so, then you are good, otherwise you might need to add in your favorite resort lobby! ;) :lol:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Tue 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:As I'm reading this I just stopped at resort and answered and now I'm getting that it was meant to be resort lobby :lol:
:lol: Well, is your favorite resort the same as your favorite resort lobby? If so, then you are good, otherwise you might need to add in your favorite resort lobby! ;) :lol:
No, as I'm thinking about this I loved Port Orleans Riverside resort but the lobby was just meaningful for just the checking in memory and an occasional bathroom run and ATM dispense :lol: I would now have to say that Pop Century is my favorite resort lobby haha But we haven't stayed at too many resorts so this is based on just the few that we have been to. Pop just has that Disney fun feel for us.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 26, 2012 6:14 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Amy wrote:
No, as I'm thinking about this I loved Port Orleans Riverside resort but the lobby was just meaningful for just the checking in memory and an occasional bathroom run and ATM dispense :lol: I would now have to say that Pop Century is my favorite resort lobby haha But we haven't stayed at too many resorts so this is based on just the few that we have been to. Pop just has that Disney fun feel for us.
We might have to check out Pop on our next visit. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and it looks like the food court has some fun food! Is Pop only suites though? I know it is the most expensive of the value resorts and I'm not sure why...