Favorite Resort Lobby

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Tue 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Anyone know if you can just visit the resorts and look at the lobby's if you aren't staying there.It would be nice to check them out to see if you'd like to stay there next time!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 12, 2012 6:33 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:Anyone know if you can just visit the resorts and look at the lobby's if you aren't staying there.It would be nice to check them out to see if you'd like to stay there next time!
Sure you can! In fact it seems many people make it a part of their trip to visit different resorts and even have drinks or a meal there.

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Wed 13, 2012 8:00 am

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:Anyone know if you can just visit the resorts and look at the lobby's if you aren't staying there.It would be nice to check them out to see if you'd like to stay there next time!
Sure you can! In fact it seems many people make it a part of their trip to visit different resorts and even have drinks or a meal there.
Thanks for the info. Amy, you're always helpful!! :donald:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 13, 2012 10:59 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Thanks for the info. Amy, you're always helpful!! :donald:
Gee ~ thanks! I try my best! :D

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Thu 14, 2012 10:50 am

We fell in love with Port Orleans Riverside this time. We loved all the extras that the resort had. So many extra memories outside of the parks! I loved watching the movie Lion King on the lawn with my family something I will hold so dear to my heart! Also loved our private breakfast time in Boatwright's restaurant since you could also eat in there during breakfast time if you wanted instead of the regular dining hall.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sat 16, 2012 9:31 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:We fell in love with Port Orleans Riverside this time. We loved all the extras that the resort had. So many extra memories outside of the parks! I loved watching the movie Lion King on the lawn with my family something I will hold so dear to my heart! Also loved our private breakfast time in Boatwright's restaurant since you could also eat in there during breakfast time if you wanted instead of the regular dining hall.

I think we are going to try Port Orleans on our next visit...Our last 2 stays were at the Coronado Springs which we love also. :D :goofy:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Sun 17, 2012 7:38 am

Goofyfan wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:We fell in love with Port Orleans Riverside this time. We loved all the extras that the resort had. So many extra memories outside of the parks! I loved watching the movie Lion King on the lawn with my family something I will hold so dear to my heart! Also loved our private breakfast time in Boatwright's restaurant since you could also eat in there during breakfast time if you wanted instead of the regular dining hall.

I think we are going to try Port Orleans on our next visit...Our last 2 stays were at the Coronado Springs which we love also. :D :goofy:
I don't know much about Coronado Springs but I think you will love Port Orleans! They also have a boat ride to Downtown Disney which was awesome too! We usually stay at Pop so we did miss all the huge Disney icons around the resort but we still enjoyed Port Orleans.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 17, 2012 8:01 am

mjmcsl4me wrote:I don't know much about Coronado Springs but I think you will love Port Orleans! They also have a boat ride to Downtown Disney which was awesome too! We usually stay at Pop so we did miss all the huge Disney icons around the resort but we still enjoyed Port Orleans.
Oh my, I would think there would be a huge difference in atmosphere between Pop and Port Orleans! Where in Downtown Disney does the boat from Port Orleans drop you off?

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Sun 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:I don't know much about Coronado Springs but I think you will love Port Orleans! They also have a boat ride to Downtown Disney which was awesome too! We usually stay at Pop so we did miss all the huge Disney icons around the resort but we still enjoyed Port Orleans.
Oh my, I would think there would be a huge difference in atmosphere between Pop and Port Orleans! Where in Downtown Disney does the boat from Port Orleans drop you off?
Oh yeah a big difference in atmosphere! We were kind of worried when we did Port Orleans over Pop because we thought about all the big Disney icons everywhere at Pop that we would miss but then we focused on how relaxing Port Orleans sounded. We were excited about a change, too since we have always done Pop or value. The boat ride was awesome. We did it during the day and I bet it is really pretty at night seeing all the lights. It dropped us off at the Marketplace shopping area. It might go to the other side too but we got off at the Marketplace.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sun 17, 2012 1:05 pm

And thanks for the tip. I didn't know Port Orleans had a boat ride to Downtown Disney.... Thats Awesome....I think that just made up our minds. :D :wink: :goofy:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Sun 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Goofyfan wrote:And thanks for the tip. I didn't know Port Orleans had a boat ride to Downtown Disney.... Thats Awesome....I think that just made up our minds. :D :wink: :goofy:
Oh no problem, anytime! Yeah the boat ride was just so much more relaxing than the usual bus ride to Downtown Disney. Really neat extra for the resort, and they do have a lot of extras there to enjoy. I bet it is really pretty at night coming into Downtown Disney with all the lights on the water and not to mention a lot cooler temperature on the water than on a bus but we went during the day instead just because how our day was scheduled. There's always next time though :wink: :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 17, 2012 5:32 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:And thanks for the tip. I didn't know Port Orleans had a boat ride to Downtown Disney.... Thats Awesome....I think that just made up our minds. :D :wink: :goofy:
Oh no problem, anytime! Yeah the boat ride was just so much more relaxing than the usual bus ride to Downtown Disney. Really neat extra for the resort, and they do have a lot of extras there to enjoy. I bet it is really pretty at night coming into Downtown Disney with all the lights on the water and not to mention a lot cooler temperature on the water than on a bus but we went during the day instead just because how our day was scheduled. There's always next time though :wink: :)
Where does the boat depart from Port Orleans?

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Sun 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
Where does the boat depart from Port Orleans?
The bus departs right outside the Port Orleans lobby area and food court area to your right near the arcade area. I don't know if you've ever seen that area but it looks like a boardwalk, it's a really pretty resort. Oh, how I want to go back!!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 17, 2012 8:28 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:The bus departs right outside the Port Orleans lobby area and food court area to your right near the arcade area. I don't know if you've ever seen that area but it looks like a boardwalk, it's a really pretty resort. Oh, how I want to go back!!!!!
Never been to see this resort, but the more I hear about it, the more I want to check it out on our next trip! That would be fun having the boat as a transportation option. Does the boat get super crowded or do most people opt for the bus? Do you think the boat ride is comparable in time to the bus for getting places?

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Mon 18, 2012 3:33 am

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:The bus departs right outside the Port Orleans lobby area and food court area to your right near the arcade area. I don't know if you've ever seen that area but it looks like a boardwalk, it's a really pretty resort. Oh, how I want to go back!!!!!
Never been to see this resort, but the more I hear about it, the more I want to check it out on our next trip! That would be fun having the boat as a transportation option. Does the boat get super crowded or do most people opt for the bus? Do you think the boat ride is comparable in time to the bus for getting places?
The boat only goes to downtown Disney. Any time we have been the boat has never been busy, it stops at the French Quarter to pick up and drop off as well. We do go in off season though so maybe it gets busier later in the year.