Rooms Available/Not Available at WDW

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Rooms Available/Not Available at WDW

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 30, 2008 10:55 am

Ok, can anyone help me understand this?! My DH and I are leaving soon for WDW But, we wanted to split our stay, part at POFQ (where we already have our stay booked) and two nights at the Poly. Sometimes when I check online it will show it's available (the Poly) and sometimes it's not, and if I call they tell me there's no availability. Does anyone understand what Disney is doing with the rooms? We've never booked this closely to our visit, does that have anything to do with it? It seems like there's disappearing rooms?! HELP! :?

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Oct Thu 30, 2008 11:24 am

Maybe it's from vacation cancellations and then someone gobbles up the room(s) really quick? I guess, technically, if one room is available, they have to say on the website that there is availibility. Just a guess though.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Re: Rooms Available/Not Available at WDW

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Thu 30, 2008 12:23 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Ok, can anyone help me understand this?! My DH and I are leaving soon for WDW But, we wanted to split our stay, part at POFQ (where we already have our stay booked) and two nights at the Poly. Sometimes when I check online it will show it's available (the Poly) and sometimes it's not, and if I call they tell me there's no availability. Does anyone understand what Disney is doing with the rooms? We've never booked this closely to our visit, does that have anything to do with it? It seems like there's disappearing rooms?! HELP! :?
I don't know why they would do this, but what dates are you going to be at the World? I will be there for the day on the 8th.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 30, 2008 12:45 pm

agingerbugg: We'll be arriving on the 8th and leaving on the 14th!!!

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Thu 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Ah, I will just be there on the 8th. Enjoy your trip and good luck with the Poly reservations.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Oct Thu 30, 2008 3:16 pm

I don't know why it would appear and disappear but it's possible the online booking is a little wonky this close to the date. I'd phone CRO. You'll probably have better luck that way.

In the event that you don't get in before you leave (and I'd use this as a last resort if you really wanna stay there, because it's not a sure thing), when you're staying at POFQ they can transfer your remaining payment over to a room at the Poly. We did this in December... just walked up to the Registration desk one night and said "Would it be possible for us to move to the Contemporary?" and the fantastic cast member at the desk took care of everything. You may not get a fantastic cast member, but they can totally apply what you've already paid for FQ to a room at the Poly and then you just have to pay off the difference (assuming there's room at the Poly of course).

As I said, that's not a sure thing since there may not be room, but it'd be worth a shot if you weren't able to reserve before you leave. Good luck!
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Thu 30, 2008 6:40 pm

after working for a large hotel in GA for about 2 years, I understand how hotels work when it comes to reservations. It's alot like airline flights - they overbook on purpose to account for last minute cancellations, yet stay fully or almost booked up. I'm sure what you're experiencing with the online searches is a lag between the central reservation system, the system at the hotel, and the website. when there is a cancellation, I believe they legally (or at least ethically) need to inform the public, so the website says there are rooms available. when you call into central reservations, they are up-to-date and tell you nothing is available.

best bet would be either keep calling up until the last minute, or follow DisBeamer's advise and ask a cast member while down there to see if they can transfer you over there for a couple days...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Hey thanks!!! I didn't know you could transfer rooms while there (if there is availability), we'll have to give that try, doesn't hurt to try!!! Thanks everyone! :D

Donalds1Fan
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Sat 15, 2008 9:17 pm

I know this thread is from a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to add what the Disney reservation number told us when we had this same problem in 2007.

It was explained to us that the website and not the phone system gets the updated info first. The CMs we spoke with claimed it can take up to 24 hours for cancellations to show up on the system the CMs over the phone have access to. In contrast, the system online updates almost immediately.

True or not, no clue. But that's what we were told.