Food/treat you dislike

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Food/treat you dislike

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Sun 26, 2008 3:11 pm

I haven't seen a thread on this and this is not to upset anyone who may love the things we dislike. I've seen a thread on our favorite foods but what about the foods you don't like? I just had an experience with this yesterday and I felt the need to post and I want to see what you all dislike. This is for all the parks just to see your experiences.

Yesterday, I dined in Cafe Orleans at DLR and I tried the French Onion soup and the Mint Julep and I couldn't even finish either. The smell of the soup was so strong and it didn't taste good at all so I switched to the gumbo. The Mint Julep, however, tasted so much like mouthwash to me that I couldn't even finish it. My whole family tried it and they all said the same thing too.

disneyland2006
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by disneyland2006 » Oct Sun 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Interesting thread.
I never ate at the parks except in Downtown Disney because of the price.
Ha Ha. Thats a funny story though. Although its making me sick thinking about it. Disney should invest a little more on their foods.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 26, 2008 8:11 pm

I don't rememer the name of it...but last year while in WDW with my entire family, we decided to eat at Kona Cafe in the Poly. They have excellent food, except my DH ordered a "soup" which he thought was more of a stir fry. The look on his face while he was trying to pretend to enjoy it was priceless! I took a taste of it, and it wasn't good!!! Needless to say, he will never order that again. Otherwise, I can't complain about the food in WDW. For the most part, it's all very tasty!!!

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Oct Sun 26, 2008 11:18 pm

I don't think I've ever gotten something that I absolutely despised, but I was rather dissapointed in the food at Planet Hollywood. The first time we ate there, we just thought that it was an off night. We went back a second time on a trip about a year later, because we thought the first time was a fluke (but mainly because we liked the atmosphere so much) and were dissapointed again. Both times it felt like it would have tasted better and been much cheaper to eat a counter service meal.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Mon 27, 2008 7:41 am

spodie wrote:I don't think I've ever gotten something that I absolutely despised, but I was rather dissapointed in the food at Planet Hollywood. The first time we ate there, we just thought that it was an off night. We went back a second time on a trip about a year later, because we thought the first time was a fluke (but mainly because we liked the atmosphere so much) and were dissapointed again. Both times it felt like it would have tasted better and been much cheaper to eat a counter service meal.
I have to agree, Planet Hollywood does have the worst food on property. Besides the poor quality of the food, the dining room is disgusting. I understand it is like forty feet tall or whatever, but they could dust at least once a year. The Haunted Mansion has better cleaning crews then Planet Hollywood.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 27, 2008 2:16 pm

The Crab Cake at the Blue Bayou is Terrible Eat at your Own Risk!

Although I'm a liitle upset at the Bayou since their menu changed when they re-did pirates for the 50th
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Oct Mon 27, 2008 3:22 pm

I know I'll prolly get a lot of feedback from this and I'm not sure if this counts as a food/treat since it is a drink but I'm really not a big fan of Dole Whips. Everyone I know craves them and talks about they are the greatest thing ever but it is just something that I could really care less for.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

spodie

Post by spodie » Oct Mon 27, 2008 7:30 pm

packwingfn wrote:I know I'll prolly get a lot of feedback from this and I'm not sure if this counts as a food/treat since it is a drink but I'm really not a big fan of Dole Whips. Everyone I know craves them and talks about they are the greatest thing ever but it is just something that I could really care less for.
I understand - not everyone likes them. Before I knew that they even existed at Disney, I got one in Hawaii (only because it was free, or else I would have never tried one) and fell in love with them. When my sister went a couple years later, I raved about them and told her how good it was and how she HAD to get one, etc. When she came back, I asked her about them and she said that they were gross. So, I guess it's something that some people like, and some people don't.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Wed 29, 2008 5:30 pm

What is the infatuation with the Giant Turkey Legs?! I cannot figure out why people like to walk around gnawing on one of those. They all look like cavemen/cavewomen/cavekids.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Wed 29, 2008 5:45 pm

What is the infatuation with the Giant Turkey Legs?! I cannot figure out why people like to walk around gnawing on one of those. They all look like cavemen/cavewomen/cavekids.
I think that people like the Turkey legs because of all the Tryptophan in the Turkey so that when the kids want to go on It's a Small World they can nap and not have to listen to that song over and over!!! Lol!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Wed 29, 2008 7:49 pm

horizons1 wrote:What is the infatuation with the Giant Turkey Legs?! I cannot figure out why people like to walk around gnawing on one of those. They all look like cavemen/cavewomen/cavekids.
I don't even know but I've never had one before.

spodie

Post by spodie » Oct Wed 29, 2008 9:01 pm

horizons1 wrote:What is the infatuation with the Giant Turkey Legs?! I cannot figure out why people like to walk around gnawing on one of those. They all look like cavemen/cavewomen/cavekids.
While I do enjoy turkey, I just can't get into the park turkey legs (even though they taste REALLY good!). I think that it does look rather primitive and, furthermore, it is really hard to manage and it is not a very clean food. And on top of all that, it makes you extremely sleepy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not a great park food, but overall, it's really good. So, if you see me sleeping in a corner of Pecos Bill's, you know that I ate a turkey leg and that's about as far as I got.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Oct Wed 29, 2008 9:11 pm

agingerbugg wrote:
spodie wrote:I don't think I've ever gotten something that I absolutely despised, but I was rather dissapointed in the food at Planet Hollywood. The first time we ate there, we just thought that it was an off night. We went back a second time on a trip about a year later, because we thought the first time was a fluke (but mainly because we liked the atmosphere so much) and were dissapointed again. Both times it felt like it would have tasted better and been much cheaper to eat a counter service meal.
I have to agree, Planet Hollywood does have the worst food on property. Besides the poor quality of the food, the dining room is disgusting. I understand it is like forty feet tall or whatever, but they could dust at least once a year. The Haunted Mansion has better cleaning crews then Planet Hollywood.
I can't understand how this place is still in business. It was terrible 14 years ago when I ate there and from everything I've ever heard it's never gotten any better. I can only assume they dupe unsuspecting tourists into eating there enough to stay afloat.

As for a popular food/snack I don't like personally ...hmm. Probably the turkey legs, too. I love the smell of them but the taste never made the grade to me.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Wed 29, 2008 10:20 pm

DisBeamer wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:
I can't understand how this place is still in business. It was terrible 14 years ago when I ate there and from everything I've ever heard it's never gotten any better. I can only assume they dupe unsuspecting tourists into eating there enough to stay afloat.
I've never eaten at the PH in DTD (always too busy when we've been down there...), but we have one up in Niagara Falls on the Canadaian side. I haven't had a bad experience there and the food was good. I'm not sure what the differences would be, being that PH is a huge chain restaurant, so everything SHOULD be pretty much the same wherever they are.

I do know that as of my last trip in 2006, if you booked a trip down to WDW and stayed on property, they gave you a free meal ticket to PH. at least, they gave us one when I booked the trip through AAA. that and the brand name could explain why they're doing well...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

spodie

Post by spodie » Oct Wed 29, 2008 10:57 pm

I've never eaten at the PH in DTD (always too busy when we've been down there...), but we have one up in Niagara Falls on the Canadaian side. I haven't had a bad experience there and the food was good. I'm not sure what the differences would be, being that PH is a huge chain restaurant, so everything SHOULD be pretty much the same wherever they are.

I do know that as of my last trip in 2006, if you booked a trip down to WDW and stayed on property, they gave you a free meal ticket to PH. at least, they gave us one when I booked the trip through AAA. that and the brand name could explain why they're doing well...
That's interesting. I'm now going back trying to think if I've ever eaten at another Planet Hollywood, but I think it's just always been the Hard Rock Cafe, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I do, however, have a theory. I thought the food was tolerable - it was just the quality of food for the price that got me. Since Disney really does outdo themselves in the table service (and even counter service) food area, Planet Hollywood really just seems on par with most counter service meals at WDW, thus not really making it worth the time/money for me.