Big Disney announcement on 18 September

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Big Disney announcement on 18 September

Post by acp » Sep Thu 11, 2008 4:04 pm

From Screamscape:

[quote]Disney has sent a mystery invitation out to the media regarding a major new theme park related announcement they will be making on September 18th at noon, somewhere in New York City. As stated in the invitation, “You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a special announcement -- so big we’re bringing the news to New York.â€
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Sep Thu 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Could it be that "Night Kingdom" park that has on JHM and other Disney news blogs? (AKA Disney's Discovery Cove)

Or is it BIGGER than even that?? :shock:

edit: haha I missed that last paragraph from the original quote :oops:

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Sep Thu 11, 2008 7:00 pm

I haven't read too much information on this "Night Kingdom", so I was wondering, if they build this Fifth Gate...Where would it be placed on Disney Property and how big would it probably be?
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Sep Thu 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Considering they've started scaling back other things, presumably due to economic considerations, I'd be kind of perplexed if they decided to go fifth gate now. "We don't have enough money/it's not profitable to even run Fantasmic every night (at MGM), but let's shell out to build a whole new park, while we're overhauling DCA"? That doesn't sound quite right to me. :?

I wonder if it'll be related to the new ships, and the possibility of Alaskan cruises in .. 2010, I think it was? The "including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company" makes me think something other than the Night Kingdom or another park in China.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Sep Thu 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Perhaps they are forming their own government. Buying a small country and creating their own Nation of Disney. Hey, it could happen; they did build a city (and then sold it a few years later).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Here would be a great first....LOWERING PRICES!!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Sep Thu 11, 2008 8:37 pm

DisBeamer wrote: I wonder if it'll be related to the new ships, and the possibility of Alaskan cruises in .. 2010, I think it was?
Yeah. DCL has applied to get a permit to travel to Glacier Bay, which is a permit that is granted once every 10 years.

Man, I will be in class all day on Thursday and won't be able to get the news when it comes out :cry: . However, this announcement is coming one day before my birthday, so this news could be a potentially good birthday present! I hope it's good!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Sep Thu 11, 2008 9:39 pm

The announcement gets a little strange here as it promotes “New, breakthrough insights about how American families travel
This part makes me think it's going to be a hotel chain (like those small resorts that were rumored a while ago, which might make sense for it taking place in New York) or cross-country Disney transport (monorail! :lol: )... however, it says at the very beginning that it is theme park related :? .

Maybe big discounts for entire family trips (IE Magical Gatherings-style).

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Sep Thu 11, 2008 10:15 pm

It doesn't have to be entirely theme park related, though, right? I mean ... what's a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company that's theme park related?

Although, to play the pessimist for a moment... they could just be using PR speak there. "For the first time in the history of the Walt Disney Company we're .... making packages available for up to 12 members of your family at a new gouging ... er ... special price!"
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 11, 2008 10:23 pm

weren't there rummors of them opening a store in times square....and this announcement is where?? times square???? is it too obvious?
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Sep Thu 11, 2008 10:24 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:weren't there rummors of them opening a store in times square....and this announcement is where?? times square???? is it too obvious?
Perhaps the Disney Stores will start selling theme park merchandise instead of the crap they have been selling.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Sep Thu 11, 2008 10:45 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:weren't there rummors of them opening a store in times square....and this announcement is where?? times square???? is it too obvious?
I'm pretty sure there is a World of Disney in NYC already, isn't there? *hits up google instead of being lazy* Yeah ... there is. It has its own snazzy website too. Linku

Not selling homogenized crap would be sweet, though. That's a whole separate thread: What would you like them to announce? :lol:
~ Caroline

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 11, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm pretty sure there is a World of Disney in NYC already, isn't there?
Part of the rumor, which I heard in another thread on this site actually was the other store was moving to TS.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Sep Thu 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Ok... I think I've figured it out (Or at least a WDW facebook group has been researching all day and figured it out :lol: )

-SPOILERS AHEAD-

Disney Parks is bringing the magic of Disney in an interactive way to 30 cities this fall and winter. This tour is your chance to grow your resume and put the values and standards you learned in Traditions to work in your own city!

Colorful vehicles roll out the fun from town squares to Times Square, featuring a massive distribution of thousands of free Mickey Mouse balloons with a chance for consumers to win a celebration vacation to a Disney Park!

This is the un-office list of cities that disney will be stopping at very soon...

Central Eastern Western
9/25 Minneapolis 9/24 Toronto 1/19 Vancouver
9/29 Chicago 9/29 Boston 1/21 Seattle
10/1 Milwaukee 10/1 Providence 1/23 Portland
10/3 Detroit 10/3 New York 1/26, 27 Sacramento
10/6 Pittsburgh 10/6 Hartford 1/30, 2/2 San Francisco
10/8 Cincinnati 10/8 Philadelphia 2/4, 5 Fresno
10/10 Indianapolis 10/10 Wash. DC 2/9 Las Vegas
10/14 Dallas 10/13 Baltimore 2/11 Salt Lake City
10/16 Houston 10/15 Charlotte 2/16 Denver
10/20 New Orleans 10/17 Atlanta 2/19, 20 Phoenix

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Sep Fri 12, 2008 5:57 am

Cheshire: I have no idea what the heck you just said. "Traditions"?
But LOL, I read "interactive" and thought, what, they're starting the DisneyQuest project again? Now THAT would be stupid.
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!