Only in Disney...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Only in Disney...

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 18, 2008 10:45 am

Okay, so I have way too much time on my hands and have been thinking of all these great Disney threads. This is for all those things that you would NEVER do anywhere else, but found yourself doing at WDW or at DLR. I'll start off with a great story that should make you all laugh! Just keep in mind my brother is 21 and I was 17 (almost 18).

It all began around 2:30 while waiting for the Disney Dreams Come True Parade to begin on Main Street. While sitting, I noticed the CM's who come out for the parade to rope the street off had brought out some fun things to do on Main Street to help pass the time. One of them had brought out a radio and was playing dance music like the Makaran. The CM had gotten a few other workers to start dancing and then some guests joined in. My brother and I decided to join in and dance on Main Street. The songs we danced to: "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", "The Twist", "If You're Happy and you Know it". My brother got tired after three songs, but I stayed for the fourth and broke it down to the Hokey Pokey.

Later in the day we were returning into the MK and it ended out being they had set up for the 9 pm SpectroMagic. The CM's were out with all the activities to amuse the kids. I saw two with a jump rope and decided to get in line. It ended up being the same CM who had the radio earlier and he recognized me. My family, the CM's, and I were all hysterical laughing after my brother and I jumped rope.

Now onto the pictures. I want to thank my mom for making sure I will never forget what I did on Main Street USA!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/ ... G_1066.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/ ... G_1073.jpg
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Just hearing the listing of the songs makes me think of The Wiggles but I'm glad you had fun! I would have loved to do all that if it happened here in Disneyland.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Mon 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Are those CMs spinning that rope in the rain?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 18, 2008 6:53 pm

agingerbugg wrote:Are those CMs spinning that rope in the rain?
No it was after the rain had stopped. And they made sure you were wearing sneakers. It looks worse than it was.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Mon 18, 2008 11:14 pm

When I was up for a CP re-union I helped organized a few of us were waiting for the 3 o'clock parade in Frontierland when CMs brought out the wooden ponies for kids to race with. One of my former custodial CM and I asked if us big kids could race also. At first i figured I'd let the kids win, but my competative side took over and I smoked those kids! I wish I had the pics online, but this was before digital cameras were big and I have no diea where the pics are right now. Oh and a the end, after I beat all the kids, I fell on my face!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Aug Mon 25, 2008 9:26 am

Sounds you like you guys had a great time. Wish they would do more stuff like that at Disneyland, because it can get kinda of boring when you are waiting for a parade to start, especially if you have kids because they start getting ansy. Who knows maybe they will sometime. I guess it just depends on the castmember or members.

"Remember Dreams Really Do Come True." :mickey:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Mon 25, 2008 12:08 pm

mommyfor2 wrote:Sounds you like you guys had a great time. Wish they would do more stuff like that at Disneyland, because it can get kinda of boring when you are waiting for a parade to start, especially if you have kids because they start getting ansy. Who knows maybe they will sometime. I guess it just depends on the castmember or members.
I worked at Disneyland the final days of the Electrical Parade (back when they said it was never coming back and ripped people off by selling bulbs to people then brought it back to DCA). There were people on the "Fun Committee" which were attractions CMs and would do fun things with guests like above. I was working Main Street Vehicles and would perform magic card tricks for people. It was very interactive. We'd also do Disney Trivia.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Aug Mon 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Hey check out the ladies shoes in the Hokey Pokey...standing on the right of the picture. You wouldn't catch me wearing those especially at Disney! Man, her feet must have hurt by the end of the day!

BTW, great pictures! You will now be blackmailed......
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 26, 2008 12:12 am

wdwannabe wrote: BTW, great pictures! You will now be blackmailed......
Uh-oh. I don't care though. I always look to have some fun when I go away. I enjoy looking at these pictures and some others from the trip and laughing at all the fun I had. Did I mention I rode a wooden horse at the Whispering Canyon yet? :goofy_bounce:
- Len90

jenjolt
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenjolt » Feb Thu 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Only at Disney would I be completely comfortable going to BBB! I'm seriously thinking of going and having myself princessized!!! LOL!! I know I'm crazy LOL
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/haunted-mansion1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/great-movie-ride2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/epcot2.gif[/img]

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Feb Thu 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Only in Disney would I willingly strike up a conversation with a person in a giant, fuzzy, cartoon character suit.
:nemo:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Thu 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Only at Disney is where I can pig out on churros, Monte Cristo sandwhiches and be in a New Orleans atmosphere all in one day.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Thu 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Only in Disney can I have a hat with green floppy ears tell my boys to act their age!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Feb Fri 27, 2009 5:29 am

annafab wrote:Only in Disney would I willingly strike up a conversation with a person in a giant, fuzzy, cartoon character suit.
^ This is it for me. And hug them. And end up with pictorial evidence. :lol:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Fri 27, 2009 9:10 am

Only in Disney will I get in touch with my inner five year old and act like a total child, not the spoiled I-want-it-now child, but the totally free spirited I-don't-give-a-crap-how-people-are-staring-at-me child.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin