Subconcious Disney

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Subconcious Disney

Post by Cheshire Cat » Aug Fri 01, 2008 9:54 pm

So... I went out to dinner today with some people and almost told the waitress we were on the Disney Dining Plan, before catching myself and saving myself lots of embarassment. :lol: It's a little difficult trying to get that out of your system after saying it for three weeks.

Does anyone else do (or almost do) Disney things subconciously in the everyday world?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Subconcious Disney

Post by Len90 » Aug Fri 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:So... I went out to dinner today with some people and almost told the waitress we were on the Disney Dining Plan, before catching myself and saving myself lots of embarassment. :lol: It's a little difficult trying to get that out of your system after saying it for three weeks.

Does anyone else do (or almost do) Disney things subconciously in the everyday world?
Yeah, I am guilty of that. After coming back from our 8 days I woke up and said I think we should go to MK today. Then I realized that would involve a 2.5 hour plane ride. Also, I will be going to Rutgers and there new buses are similar to the ones at Disney. I saw one and the it was running the "E" route so I said to my brother and mom who were in the car "Oh look it is the Epcot bus." It is tough to get out of the Disney mode. I find it a struggle to even make my own bed in the morning!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Fri 01, 2008 11:16 pm

lol yeah i have come close to doing the same thing :lol:! It is kinda hard to get back into your normal life after that lol :mickey:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Cazza and Livvie's Mum
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Aug Sat 02, 2008 4:52 am

Then I realized that would involve a 2.5 hour plane ride.
I wish :!: Three hour train ride to aiport, overnght stay in hotel, then 9 hour flight. But it's well worth the journey for my Disney trip that will keep me going until next year.

I find myself finding it very hard to get back in the swing of things. Cooking, housework, even shopping (for essentials). The thing I find 'hardest' is adjusting back to driving on the left and remembering my car is NOT automatic. :roll:
Hidden Mickeys appear everywhere and I find myself spending time on sites like this and you tube just to get my 'disney fix'.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sat 02, 2008 7:54 am

I know to this day, after working both at the parks and at the disney store, Is till use my Disney point everywhere!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 02, 2008 2:54 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:I know to this day, after working both at the parks and at the disney store, Is till use my Disney point everywhere!
Wow that is scary that the Disney point was inplanted in your head. When I went to World of Disney in NYC I was really annoyed to see the CMs pointing with one finger. When I was in WDW there were some new CMs who had two fingers taped together so they can learn the Disney point. Oh yeah, it has worn off on me. I find I can now only point using two fingers.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Aug Sat 02, 2008 3:46 pm

When I refer to customers at my current job (at a supermarket) as guests and swearing "on stage" is considered "bad show". I've said that a couple times already to fellow co-workers who are confused.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Aug Sun 03, 2008 1:28 am

Len90 wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:I know to this day, after working both at the parks and at the disney store, Is till use my Disney point everywhere!
Wow that is scary that the Disney point was inplanted in your head. When I went to World of Disney in NYC I was really annoyed to see the CMs pointing with one finger. When I was in WDW there were some new CMs who had two fingers taped together so they can learn the Disney point. Oh yeah, it has worn off on me. I find I can now only point using two fingers.
Ah, yes, the Disney point. I seemed to have picked up this little habit without even knowing it. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Aug Mon 04, 2008 7:48 am

No but I think the next time I get on the T (MBTA Subway here in Boston) I will yell ALL ABOARD! Like as if I am the conductor at the DL RR :D
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Mon 04, 2008 10:17 pm

another thing that i will say at times when I smell something horrible, is" is that a protien spill?? lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Aug Tue 05, 2008 6:03 am

My family always stayed at Fort Wilderness. Often, our campsite was near enough the main roads that the buses would go by. Also keep in mind that many of the buses end very late and start again very early. I still wake up and hear those idiot things every now and then; it's been over three years since we were last there. XD
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:20 pm

For several months after our trip I would say today we went to Mk or Epcot depending on the day of the week it was.

Ah, yes, the DP...wish I was still on that one! I cringe every time we get a bill at dinner!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Aug Wed 06, 2008 9:59 am

I know exactly what you mean about the Disney Point, I still do it even though it has been over 10 years since I have worked for the Disney Store. I also find that whenever I am in a Disney Store or a store in one of the theme parks and there are t-shirts all unfolded and messy, I find that I end up using the Disney Fold and straightening them back up or I go around make sure the tags are on the inside of the clothes. Is that scary or what. My husband just shakes his head. Oh well, I guess that's the Disney way.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes." :mickey2: