Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by MintJulepRoo » Jul Wed 16, 2008 3:29 pm

When I was in Walt Disney World in 2004, we were exploring the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. My sister and I were walking up the stairs together and there was a traffic jam that stopped us on there for a few minutes. The guy in front of us was talking on his cell phone really loud and we couldn't help overhear what he was saying:

"IF YOU WERE STRANDED, YOU WOULD LIVE HERE!"

We started laughing and now we always say this line. We assumed he was trying to tell someone his location in the park!

Does anyone else have favorite lines you say that you heard while in the Parks? You can even quote someone in your own party...
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jul Wed 16, 2008 10:57 pm

That's a good one. :lol:

Most of the ones I've heard and remembered are more people being stupid than being funny, like the guy who asked the Haunted Mansion CM who was standing underneath the wait time sign how long the wait was. (To her credit, she answered politely, though she gave him the most hilarious look.)

The best random quote I can think of at the moment was one September, when Epcot was filled with people from the UK (as it usually is in Sept, it seems). We were walking through World Showcase and overheard an older woman with what I would assume was her grandson - about 7 years old. The snippet I heard was:

Woman: (sounding worried) Oh dear, we seem to have lost your sisters.
Boy: (with an adorable Brit accent and extraordinary amount of venom in his tone) Good.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Thu 17, 2008 12:03 pm

DisBeamer wrote: Woman: (sounding worried) Oh dear, we seem to have lost your sisters.
Boy: (with an adorable Brit accent and extraordinary amount of venom in his tone) Good.
Haha! That one made me laugh out loud!

I can't think of any funny comments that I've overheard - I guess I'll have to start listening!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Thu 17, 2008 12:34 pm

The best I have overheard is a guest asking a cast member a bunch of questions about the parades at Magic Kingdom (I was at DHS then). The guest was asking what they are about and who is in them, blah blah blah. But then he said the dumbest thing I have ever heard. He asked at "what time the three o'clock parade started." On another occasion I overheard a guest complaining that SpectroMagic hadn't started yet. It was already 9:10 and nothing. We were standing in Frontierland, which is the last leg of the parade route. What idiots.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Cazza and Livvie's Mum

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Jul Thu 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Being from across the pond, we have different words for different things...

A very nice security guy at the entrance to Epcot was checking our bags and my husband said to us 'Anything else or are we all done?' Before I could answer him the security guy said 'Can I look in your fanny sir?' We fell about laughing and he said blushing slightly "Brits, right?"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Thu 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Cazza and Livvie's Mum wrote:Being from across the pond, we have different words for different things...

A very nice security guy at the entrance to Epcot was checking our bags and my husband said to us 'Anything else or are we all done?' Before I could answer him the security guy said 'Can I look in your fanny sir?' We fell about laughing and he said blushing slightly "Brits, right?"
Just out of curiosity, what do you call them in the UK? Oh and by the way, I got in trouble for laughing out loud at work.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Thu 17, 2008 2:50 pm

The funniest thing I heard was in DHS someone asked where POTC was. The cast member answered the question by telling him which bus to take.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mwehttam
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mwehttam » Jul Thu 17, 2008 3:01 pm

My wife and I were on our Honeymoon in WDW in Oct of 04. On the bus one night back to the resort we saw this father with and shell shocked look on his face. We asked how everything was going and he looked at us and said "I never realized how expensive this place was."

:lol:

-Matt
"We want cake! Where's our cake!"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Sat 19, 2008 8:21 am

When I was a CP at the Magic Kingdom, more than once I was asked...."When is the 3 o'clock parade?"...and Once, standing right in front of POTC, as the canon was sounding, and the bird was singing...a man asked where POTC was..I told him to walk past aladdin, hang a left through the breeze way, then another left around pecos bill....follow that path until you see POTC on the right....I laughed with the other cast members as he followed my directions and when he got back to POTC, he stopped, looked at me and laughed. I spoke to another cast member and we got him and hsi friend to the front of the line.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Sat 19, 2008 12:26 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:When I was a CP at the Magic Kingdom, more than once I was asked...."When is the 3 o'clock parade?"...and Once, standing right in front of POTC, as the canon was sounding, and the bird was singing...a man asked where POTC was..I told him to walk past aladdin, hang a left through the breeze way, then another left around pecos bill....follow that path until you see POTC on the right....I laughed with the other cast members as he followed my directions and when he got back to POTC, he stopped, looked at me and laughed. I spoke to another cast member and we got him and hsi friend to the front of the line.
I had so many of these "stupid" questions/comments as a CP, as well. My favorite while standing in front of Buzz Lightyear was: "Where is that big castle thing?"
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jul Sun 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Two years ago I went down for a friend's wedding. One of the guests was visiting WDW for the first time. She was in her early 30s. A few of us (including this young lady) visited the parks in the days leading up to the wedding. We were in the Magic Kingdom and after hearing about our fifth screaming/crying/tantrum throwing kid, my first time visitor friend says "boy, for the "Happiest Place on Earth" there sure are bunch of cranky kids here"

Cazza and Livvie's Mum

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Jul Fri 25, 2008 4:04 am

Being from across the pond, we have different words for different things...

Just out of curiosity, what do you call them in the UK? Oh and by the way, I got in trouble for laughing out loud at work.
We call them 'bum bags' and sorry if it got you in trouble :wink: And the word you use for them is another word for a lady's front trouser dept. (don't want to be censored). :)

One thing my husband said also made us roar with laughter. The kids had some Disney Dollars and wanted to spend them. He approached a CM and said 'Excuse me, can you tell me if you take this Mickey Mouse money?' :mickey: Enough said.

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jul Thu 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Once I as at Universal Studios (sorry!) and they got the sensor faucets in the bathrooms before WDW got them. Everyone was at first confused then laughing when they realized how to turn them on and one man next to me, laughing, said, "only at Disney". I had to laugh that he forgot where he was.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Thu 31, 2008 4:41 pm

Three teenage girls were in front of us walking down Sunset Blvd. and one of them points up to the Fantasmic billboard with the big yellow arrow and exclaims "Look! Fantasmic! What park is that in?"

:roll:

MintJulepRoo

Post by MintJulepRoo » Jul Thu 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Haha that is too funny. I think there is writing on that arrow that says it's in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. Maybe they thought they had to go to California? 8-)
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"