Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 17, 2011 4:52 pm

I think another good (didn't happen to me) was when a friend who worked the turnstiles told me a family had bought DISNEYLAND tickets instead of WDW ones and insisted they could be let in using them. They were determined WDW WAS DL, even as my friend tried to tell them DL was in Anaheim and that this family was in Orlando. They apparently still didn't get it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I think another good (didn't happen to me) was when a friend who worked the turnstiles told me a family had bought DISNEYLAND tickets instead of WDW ones and insisted they could be let in using them. They were determined WDW WAS DL, even as my friend tried to tell them DL was in Anaheim and that this family was in Orlando. They apparently still didn't get it.
Oh my goodness! I would think Disney would be good about that and honor those tickets though. At least they didn't have Universal tickets :roll:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I think another good (didn't happen to me) was when a friend who worked the turnstiles told me a family had bought DISNEYLAND tickets instead of WDW ones and insisted they could be let in using them. They were determined WDW WAS DL, even as my friend tried to tell them DL was in Anaheim and that this family was in Orlando. They apparently still didn't get it.
Oh my goodness! I would think Disney would be good about that and honor those tickets though. At least they didn't have Universal tickets :roll:
Oh they did, but still... I'm amazed at the number of people I hear who walk around WDW and call it Disneyland... :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Oh they did, but still... I'm amazed at the number of people I hear who walk around WDW and call it Disneyland... :roll:
Some of my family use them interchangeably as well. I think unless you really like Disney, or are planning a visit to one or another of the parks, people just simply don't really care...

lauraarhianne
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lauraarhianne » Jul Thu 21, 2011 8:32 am

'walt disney wasn't real y'all'

i cringed.
~Have a Magical day~

http://www.themickeyworld.com

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Here's one from the other day on Soarin'-

*the part where we're flying over Disneyland*

Guy: Hey look, DISNEY WORLD! (even though it is clear this is DL)
Woman: No this is California in the ride, remember?
Guy: Oh... so this is the Magic Kingdom?

I wanted to facepalm right there on the ride.

And also Epcot-

*walking on the path by Imagination! toward Canada; there is a group of teen boys behind me*

Boy (who spies Italy): Look! Over there! That pavilion with what looks like the clock tower! LONDON!
Me (mentally): No, idiot, that's Italy, the UK is this way...

I guess he thought that tower in the Italy pavilion was Big Ben... :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Oh they did, but still... I'm amazed at the number of people I hear who walk around WDW and call it Disneyland... :roll:
Some of my family use them interchangeably as well. I think unless you really like Disney, or are planning a visit to one or another of the parks, people just simply don't really care...
Sadly, I think this is the case... :( It annoys me to no end when people mix them up though.

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Aug Thu 04, 2011 7:36 am

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:
Sadly, I think this is the case... :( It annoys me to no end when people mix them up though.
Heh, it's funny, just this morning my father hoped we "enjoy Disney Land" for our upcoming trip to the World. It's definitely confusing to some people:).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 04, 2011 7:48 am

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:
Brian845 wrote:Heh, it's funny, just this morning my father hoped we "enjoy Disney Land" for our upcoming trip to the World. It's definitely confusing to some people:).
Maybe you should take him with you so he appreciates where and what WDW is!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Thu 04, 2011 10:00 am

Soarin08 wrote:And also Epcot-

*walking on the path by Imagination! toward Canada; there is a group of teen boys behind me*

Boy (who spies Italy): Look! Over there! That pavilion with what looks like the clock tower! LONDON!

I never understood why we have Paris and the Eiffel Tower but UK is some generic english village. Why didn't they do London? I wish they could expand the UK to include London and Big Ben. Now that would be neat...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 05, 2011 12:15 am

mindflipper wrote:

I never understood why we have Paris and the Eiffel Tower but UK is some generic english village. Why didn't they do London? I wish they could expand the UK to include London and Big Ben. Now that would be neat...
This is true and it's not even UK, it's stereotypical England through and through. One of my good friends who works there is Scottish and everyone keeps asking him what he's doing in the England pavilion. :roll:

The original plans actually were more of a London theme, I found them online not too long ago. http://progresscityusa.com/2009/04/02/n ... usic-hall/

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Fri 05, 2011 2:25 am

mindflipper wrote:

The Inner square is based on London town houses but the rest has a very English village feel to it. I actually live in a village that has that chocolate box housing except the ones in our village are thatched cottages. They could have done more with the other countries in the UK though.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:

The Inner square is based on London town houses but the rest has a very English village feel to it. I actually live in a village that has that chocolate box housing except the ones in our village are thatched cottages. They could have done more with the other countries in the UK though.
One of my CM friends who works there said that all the buildings supposedly incorporate elements from England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland but none of them can really see it. Guess I'll find out when I make it over there someday.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Tue 30, 2011 11:27 am

Have heard many funny quotes, I think the funniest one I heard was February of 2005. A young girl Dressed up in her princess costume said to her mother, "None of these dwarfs talk. They all must be Dopey". I turned and smiled at my wife and said God bless them.
:goofy_bounce:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Sun 11, 2011 8:23 pm

I had one of these moments riding back on the bus to our resort with a bunch of teenagers at 1:30am after Night of Joy.

One young lady, probably around 16/17 was talking to her youth leader or chaperone and she asked her what she thought of the Haunted Mansion. After the older lady said that she thought it was kind of cheesy, the youth then says, yeah, it needs some updating. They should probably do what they did with Jack Sparrow on the Pirates of Caribbean ride and add Eddie Murphy to the ride to the Mansion! She was SERIOUS!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!