Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Apr Mon 26, 2010 9:50 am

LOL!! We had a parent from my DS school go down to WDW and only go to the MK. She thought that was Disney and the other parks where a different company![/quote]

This is my Mother in Law, even though we have taken her down to disney twice. Magic Kingdom is Disney, the rest is other stuff by other people and now Harry Potter is in the Magic Kingdom. She really wants to go with us to see Harry Potter at the castle this time. Ughhhh.

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Apr Mon 26, 2010 9:51 am

timekeeper wrote:...She really wants to go with us to see Harry Potter at the castle this time. Ughhhh.
Just take her to Gatorland and tell her Disney downsized...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Mon 26, 2010 10:07 am

Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:My family's favorite overheard quotes- top 3 countdown style:

#3 (okay this was at UO :oops: ) My dad and I stopped to use the men's room over by at the time Back to the Future and a man weighing approximately 350 lbs wearing the most brighthly colored outfit I've seen on a man who is not a contestant on Ru Paul's Drag Race with a giant straw hat and my fave a giant soda on a necklace with a straw directly to his mouth so he didn't even have to hold his massive drink walks in and loudly shouts "IN DA HOOOOOOOOUSE!" as though a) your entrance into a public bathroom should be announced and b) that he needed it to get attention.

#2 My friend and I were standing in line at the food court in the Land Pavilion to get drinks and there was a father who walked up to a counter in front of us and his nine-ish year old son screams at him "DAD!!!! COME HERE!!!! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO READ A MENU?!?!?!?" to which the dad turned to him then back to the cashier and said "Can I have a beer please?"

and #1 When Winnie the Pooh first opened (this was summer time so the park was pretty crowded too) and the line was like 2 hours we see a dad wearing just a white men's undershirt drenched in sweat, weighed down with cameras and backpacks etc. looking so downtrodden coming down the exit ramp being led by the hand by his 7-ish year old daughter dressed in a Minnie Mouse outfit, skipping as she goes SOOOO happy. She says "Wasn't that great dad?" and his response was the most sarcastic "BEAUTIFUL....ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL." It was PRICELESS. Anytime someone asks if something is great etc. and it's really not my dad and I to this day, years and years later still answer in unison - BEAUTIFUL! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
These are hilarious!!! I needed a good laugh this morning, thanks! :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 26, 2010 10:08 am

Akyriel wrote:
timekeeper wrote:...She really wants to go with us to see Harry Potter at the castle this time. Ughhhh.
Just take her to Gatorland and tell her Disney downsized...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ImageImage
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 26, 2010 10:17 am

timekeeper: you could always tell her: "Harry Potter got kicked out of Disney after his scandal of being caught by the Ministry of Magic for selling illegal wizard drugs at Hogwarts. Because of his record, only Universal Studios would now let him in. Universal Studios will take anything they can get their hands on." :roll:

Maybe that would turn your M-I-L against Potter? :wink:

FrogsAreAwesome
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by FrogsAreAwesome » May Mon 23, 2011 8:28 am

(about the Tower of Terror)

"It used to be a hotel, but then they made it into a ride."

FrogsAreAwesome

Post by FrogsAreAwesome » May Mon 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Also, one time on Soarin' Over California, at the part where they show the city at night, I heard someone say "Look, it's New York!".

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 23, 2011 1:48 pm

FrogsAreAwesome wrote:Also, one time on Soarin' Over California, at the part where they show the city at night, I heard someone say "Look, it's New York!".
Soarin' is a good one for people saying stupid things :roll:

icpscientist
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by icpscientist » Jun Wed 15, 2011 11:47 am

I remember a mother trying to deal with an overtired, loudly screaming child:

"We spent a ton of money to come have fun, and YOU WILL HAVE FUN NOW!"

jacobcary1

Post by jacobcary1 » Jun Fri 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Thats a pretty good one.

blackfroggy
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by blackfroggy » Jun Sat 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh, I've hear so many of these quotes on a daily basis as a cast member. The best one I've heard in a while went a little something like this:

I was in the monorail returning to MK to get a new assignment when I see a little girl (bout 5 I guess) dancing and swinging around one of the silver poles. As soon as she started swining, without missing a beat, I hear this from the dad:

Dad (to another guest): "I'm very proud of my pole-dancing daughter!"

I swear, everyone in the car started to laugh. Then again without missing a beat:

Dad: "Hey, I won't have to pay for her college classes when she gets older!"

When I got to the magic kingdom, I went into the driver cab, told the co-worker what I herad and we died laughing!
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/757hokie/DIS/bar_monorail.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/raeversman/graphics/userbars/tomorrowland.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Amneris2005/Misc/wdw-cast-member.gif[/img][/url]
Happy Birthday Monorail Teal (11-04-09)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Fri 08, 2011 9:46 pm

The best for me was when the guests at the Ft. would ask me where Harry Potter was... Good grief, people. That's Universal!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Soarin08 wrote:The best for me was when the guests at the Ft. would ask me where Harry Potter was... Good grief, people. That's Universal!!
It would be nice if they could put the Harry Potter ride and ET in DHS, just for a day. I really would like to experience HP just once, more for the Kuka ride system than the subject matter, and I really liked ET the few times we went to that "other" theme park in Florida...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:The best for me was when the guests at the Ft. would ask me where Harry Potter was... Good grief, people. That's Universal!!
It would be nice if they could put the Harry Potter ride and ET in DHS, just for a day. I really would like to experience HP just once, more for the Kuka ride system than the subject matter, and I really liked ET the few times we went to that "other" theme park in Florida...
I've never been.... they used to always ask me about Harry Potter over at DHS and how it was. :shock: Ummm... sometimes I think you need to pass a test to get to visit Disney.

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re:

Post by Mandi » Jul Mon 11, 2011 2:56 am

yodiwan1 wrote:When I was a CP at the Magic Kingdom, more than once I was asked...."When is the 3 o'clock parade?"...and Once, standing right in front of POTC, as the canon was sounding, and the bird was singing...a man asked where POTC was..I told him to walk past aladdin, hang a left through the breeze way, then another left around pecos bill....follow that path until you see POTC on the right....I laughed with the other cast members as he followed my directions and when he got back to POTC, he stopped, looked at me and laughed. I spoke to another cast member and we got him and hsi friend to the front of the line.
i think you were lucky he laughs, he could have been angry, but it's disney parks make people laughs easily i think, but it's funny and you wwere very kind to send hiù in front of the line :)