2009 Celebration

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Sep Wed 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Esmeralda wrote:I've officially decided I like the Year of Bazillion Churros better. Free churros for all! :mrgreen:
concidering how many I ate on my trip to DL this summer, this promo could prove deadly for my waste line :D I love those churros!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Sep Wed 24, 2008 4:48 pm

I for one actually like this promotion! Why would it be so bad to get a free ticket on your birthday or a gift card to spend on your birthday (if you have an AP)? I think its great and cant wait to go to DLR on my birthday. Being its on Jan. 23, i dont have long to wait at all....woohoo!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Tue 13, 2009 11:37 am

Does this celebration spread past the US? Do people in Paris get in for free on their birthdays as well? Not that I'm going, just curious.

There's a fairly good chance my mom will get her free gift card (we already have tickets) at Disneyland on her birthday. Can't wait!

Oh, and I love the use of the Mickey Balloons to symbolize the celebration, they always make me so happy!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Tue 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm not sure if Paris or any other ones outside the US celebrate this as well. I'm thinking they do.

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Wed 28, 2009 12:28 pm

So, has anyone taken advantage and celebrated their birthday with Disney yet?

jenhen27
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenhen27 » Jan Wed 28, 2009 2:33 pm

You know I find the "what will you celebrate" catchphrase a little goofy. I haven't gone back and read the thread so I don't know if this has been discussed but it's my understanding that the rewards or whatever you want to call it are only tied to your birthday. If that's the case it should be "how will you celebrate your birthday?" not "what will you celebrate" because it's not like you can show up and say it's your anniversary or graduation and get anything. Actually, it shouldn't even be "how" because we know "how"; with a free ticket to a Disney park. So what would the phrase be? "come celebrate your birthday!" I'm sorry I just think the catchphrase is really misleading. I realize that you can celebrate other things at Disney. Heck being at Disney is a reason to celebrate but the promotion is only tied to birthdays.

That being said, no, haven't taken advantage of it and won't be able to. My birthday is on Saturday and I have no plans to go visit the mouse. Would be nice because it's darn cold up here.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 28, 2009 2:52 pm

jenhen27 wrote:You know I find the "what will you celebrate" catchphrase a little goofy. I haven't gone back and read the thread so I don't know if this has been discussed but it's my understanding that the rewards or whatever you want to call it are only tied to your birthday. If that's the case it should be "how will you celebrate your birthday?" not "what will you celebrate" because it's not like you can show up and say it's your anniversary or graduation and get anything. Actually, it shouldn't even be "how" because we know "how"; with a free ticket to a Disney park. So what would the phrase be? "come celebrate your birthday!" I'm sorry I just think the catchphrase is really misleading. I realize that you can celebrate other things at Disney. Heck being at Disney is a reason to celebrate but the promotion is only tied to birthdays.

That being said, no, haven't taken advantage of it and won't be able to. My birthday is on Saturday and I have no plans to go visit the mouse. Would be nice because it's darn cold up here.
You make a great point on that with the birthday getting the biggest perks. However, if you are celebrating an anniversary or something I heard that they could decorate the room or a dinner table to help make it special.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

jenhen27

Post by jenhen27 » Jan Wed 28, 2009 3:46 pm

But they could always (and did always) decorate your room or table if you were celebrating something. You just have to tell them. It's not a new or bonus Celebrate 2009 perk, it's just a perk of telling them ahead of time or even just when you check into your room or ressie. It's like saying Eat 2009 - birthday patrons get a cupcake or cookie, if you plan on celebrating something we'll give you some salt. So I don't see that as really getting into the whole new promotion. No, the promotion is only for birthdays. Don't be fooled. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. And I'm not trying to make it sound like anyone who celebrates something should be entitled to special treatment but the catchphrase is celebrate not celebrate your birthday. It's misleading. They are going to get complaints. I can hear the argument coming out of guest relations now. "What will I celebrate? My anniversary!" But ma'am, we only offer the free ticket on your birthday. "I don't care, that's not what I'm celebrating...." Just wait.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Wed 28, 2009 4:59 pm

I have a buddy that gets us in with his CM pass. Does that mean I could get the gift certificate? I do love the point about "what are you going to celebrate?". Just ell em, it's my birthday, take a guess?!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Gymfan15

Post by Gymfan15 » Jan Fri 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Well, you can't just TELL them; you have to provide legal proof. :lol: I don't know if a CM pass would work; in fact, I'm almost positive it won't. I remember reading something about how all complimentary passes and such were excluded in the deal. In fact, you don't really get to "choose" what you get on your birthday. You automatically get the free ticket, UNLESS you already have a multi-day pass or an AP. So I guess that would answer the question, huh...
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/r76ikm.jpg[/img]
- Spareoom.net
Your place for everything Narnia!

LadyLallie
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by LadyLallie » Feb Tue 17, 2009 12:40 pm

You can get the admission, a gift card or a fastpass. I think they give you the choice as to what you want but there are a limited number of fastpasses each day.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/05-22-2009_Disney+In+May_0-255-127_0-0-0.png[/img]
[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g305/lallie23/hm1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g305/lallie23/great-movie-ride2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g305/lallie23/belle2.gif[/img]

jenjolt

Post by jenjolt » Feb Tue 17, 2009 1:56 pm

I for one am actually looking forward to being able to take advantage of this promotion! I'm going to Disney on my birthday for the first time and I'm really going to look forward to using that gift card (I have an AP) so that will be very nice!! Besides I'll actually get to wear the Birthday pin...I've never got to do that before YAY!
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/haunted-mansion1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/great-movie-ride2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/epcot2.gif[/img]

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Tue 17, 2009 5:55 pm

This may sound cynical but I am tired of the overuse of "dreams" and "wishes." In fact, I "wish" the Disney marketing types would "dream" up a new word to form a campaign around. And no, they can't use "magic", "celebrate" or "enchantment" either.

I liked the magical gatherings promo, other than the word magical of course. The idea of centering a promotion around bringing people together seems ripe with possibilities.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 17, 2009 6:24 pm

horizons1 wrote:This may sound cynical but I am tired of the overuse of "dreams" and "wishes." In fact, I "wish" the Disney marketing types would "dream" up a new word to form a campaign around. And no, they can't use "magic", "celebrate" or "enchantment" either.
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who feels this. It's gotten to be too much now with seeing the same exact words used every year.

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Mon 02, 2009 2:37 pm

^Agreed. I've noticed a lot of reuse with the old Dreams Come True and new Celebrate. I do like the birthday promotion though, mostly because my mom is going on her birthday and I love the official symbol (Mickey Balloons!).