Toy Story Midway Mania

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 23, 2008 2:31 pm

mommyfor2 wrote:My cousin is a castmember at Disneyland, and he said that Toy Story Mania was alright, but not really worth a 60 min or longer wait in line. Hopefully the line won't be as long when we take our kids at the end of September. :mickey:

"Remember Dreams Really Do Come True" :mickey:
I wish you luck but seeing as though it's a new ride it will probably be a long line. But it might be toned down if you take them during a school day.

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Jun Mon 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks for the advice, and will be taking them on a school day, since school will be back in session then.

"Remember Dreams Really Do Come True." :mickey:

acgonzales
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by acgonzales » Jun Wed 25, 2008 6:54 pm

We got a chance to ride Toy Story Mania the weekend before it opened as a sneak preview...I thought it was great! I think it's way better than BLAB....
"You will always remember today as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow" - Captain Jack Sparrow

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by bamato » Jun Thu 26, 2008 8:56 am

I'm REALLY excited for my trip in October because it seems like there are so many rides I haven't ridden yet that have opened since I last went. TSMM is going to be awsome I'm sure!

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jun Thu 26, 2008 9:04 am

Mr Potatoe Head is funny, I enjoyed watching him talk to the people in line. I was curious as to why their was this HUGE line since "officially" it was not suppose to be open yet (June 15th), though people were standing in a very long line for it. I didn't ask a cast member what the deal was since I wasn't interested in standing in that long of a line. You couldn't even walk the Pier cause they had it roped off, you had to wait until they cleared people and undid the ropes so walking pier traffic could pass through, then they would rope it off again. It was nuts!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

bamato

Post by bamato » Jun Thu 26, 2008 9:08 am

Well I hope it slows down by October :)

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jun Sun 29, 2008 5:11 pm

We went last week and didn't have a very long wait 35-40 minutes. We entered the park at opening and got straight in line. We did it on Wed. and again on Thurs. and had about the same wait time both days. The line seemed long because it started by grizzly river run however that was the literal start of the line, they walked us in line back to the attraction and the line cycled through rather quickly. I really enjoyed this ride.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 29, 2008 8:42 pm

disneylandmom wrote:We went last week and didn't have a very long wait 35-40 minutes. We entered the park at opening and got straight in line. We did it on Wed. and again on Thurs. and had about the same wait time both days. The line seemed long because it started by grizzly river run however that was the literal start of the line, they walked us in line back to the attraction and the line cycled through rather quickly. I really enjoyed this ride.
Was it better than the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters? And that's good that you managed to get it at a lesser wait. I probably will get to where it's going to be more than an hour and a half wait since I might go to DCA on July 4th.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jun Mon 30, 2008 12:10 am

elizabethswann wrote: Was it better than the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters?
In our opinion yes it was better. One thing we liked was how the scoring is done, if the ride stops for some reason you can still play however your score won't keep growing. So that way you can't get a huge score just because you were lucky enough to get stopped during the ride. I wish it was a little longer however I don't think my arm could have kept going much longer.
I really recommend if you want to avoid a huge wait to be there when the park opens. We got in line outside the park about 45 minutes before the park opened and people were already lined up past the California letters.

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Jul Tue 01, 2008 10:05 pm

I got to go ride it for the first time yesterday. I had so much fun the first time I rode it a few hours later again. The wait both times was only 35 minutes or so. I think it is my favorite DCA ride now.

bamato

Post by bamato » Jul Wed 02, 2008 7:55 am

The line seemed long because it started by grizzly river run however that was the literal start of the line, they walked us in line back to the attraction and the line cycled through rather quickly. I really enjoyed this ride.
I don't understand.... maybe it's been too long since my last visit, but isn't GRR kind of far away from paradise pier???

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jul Wed 02, 2008 10:45 am

bamato wrote:
The line seemed long because it started by grizzly river run however that was the literal start of the line, they walked us in line back to the attraction and the line cycled through rather quickly. I really enjoyed this ride.
I don't understand.... maybe it's been too long since my last visit, but isn't GRR kind of far away from paradise pier???
Yes it is but that is where the CM's were starting the line at. (right infront of the Grand Californian entrance by Grizzly River Run. I think that is so they could be first in line) And as it got close to the official park opening they started walking us in a line down to the attraction. So that by the time the park opened at 10 am the first rider was on the ride. It really didn't take that long because once they started walking us we kept moving.
The line in front of GRR was only at park opening. After opening the line was on the pier.

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Jul Wed 02, 2008 2:06 pm

I don't know if anyone here gets the free Podcasts from the Disneyland resort, but they had a whole thirty minute show on toy story midway mania. I can't wait to go ride it in a week! The Mr. potatoe Head is supposed to be a pretty amazing technological feat.
I do stuff sometimes.

WishUponaStar
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by WishUponaStar » Jul Wed 02, 2008 5:28 pm

We got to ride it twice last week, we never saw the wait posted for more than "60 minutes" and actually a few times we walked by the ride was down. Must still be some bugs to work out. I LOVED IT, SUCH a blast! I can't wait to do the WDW version in October, to compare.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10701;442/st/20081008/e/WDW/k/39e1/event.png[/img]

Junglecsipper

Post by Junglecsipper » Jul Thu 03, 2008 12:26 pm

I was there on June13 during the soft opening. I thought it was better then buzz astro blasters. You were not just shooting targets you were play different types of games. My only complant was the loading and unloading was very slow. I bet they will work it out.
Hi ya drivers Im Dusty the autopia car. For a safe drive remember to stay seated with your seat belt fastened.