Ambient Music

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Thu 07, 2008 11:23 pm

I hardly noticed the music from WDW until after i discovered this site. Now when i go to the parks im excited to hear the songs that i have come to love on this site! It makes WDW an even better experience :mickey: :mrgreen:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Aug Tue 19, 2008 7:58 pm

I'm the same way, I've for years looked for disney park background music to download, and now I;ve just found Subsonic.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Tue 19, 2008 9:11 pm

When I worked up at Disney i really grew to love all of the music everywhere. It's one of the magical little details that turn WDW into a truely special magical place. Whever I was having a bad day, I would just tune out the voices of the guests and enjoy the music. :goofy_bounce: :figment:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Diebolds
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Diebolds » Aug Thu 21, 2008 5:28 pm

The music helps me remember the fun and good times we have had. It also helps pass the time until the next trip.

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Jan Fri 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Sometimes I recognize a specific song playing in the background. Sometimes when I listen to subsonic I can identify the "feeling" I get in the parks. It's great stuff.

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Jan Fri 08, 2010 9:03 pm

subsonic wrote: When I go to the parks I notice what I DON'T have. For example, I was searching for MK Space Mountian's 3rd Tunnel track franticly after I visited WDW. It took me a year to find it.
What a great idea...almost like a treasure hunt. I'm going to try that on my next trip.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 08, 2010 9:39 pm

I've done that kind of "scavenger hunt" for Diz music tracks I've heard. The funniest time I ever had was being in Walmart late night one time when I heard one of the Space Mountain area tracks. It's bizarre sometimes what other places you may hear some of these tracks!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sat 09, 2010 12:46 am

At a Walmart!? That's one I've never heard of.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Sat 09, 2010 1:20 am

elizabethswann wrote:At a Walmart!? That's one I've never heard of.
I never have heard any background music in a Walmart and I have like 4 within 30 minutes drive from me. I think recently there was a commercial for (I believe) a beer that had music that was either from or very similar to the music in Illuminations.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 09, 2010 1:32 am

Ever since my local Walmart got converted to a Super version, it suddenly got a sound system! I never hear anything in the day, but as I was there about 1 AM at night I was shocked to hear music playing. And it was an odd mix of stuff - instrumental, rock, country, and even the celebratory band music from the end of the Phantom Menace (although it could have been promoting the sale of those DVDs). Well, at least it wasn't Musak!

As for the Space Mountain tune - do remember, Disney sometimes paid for the rights to use other people's music in the area loops. For many years when I was college, they used Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire tracks (before MS caught on in popularity).

tomdavo1
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by tomdavo1 » Jan Sat 09, 2010 11:40 am

If I remember correctly some of the music in Innoventions Plaza is "Papillon" by David Arkenstone. That is by far my favourite track! :D

stunrut

Post by stunrut » Jan Sat 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Main street music is my favorite. It always boosts my energy when I listen to it.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sat 09, 2010 3:01 pm

I have a full hour loop of Main Street USA music on my iTunes. It keeps me happy.

stunrut

Post by stunrut » Jan Sat 09, 2010 11:47 pm

I have it too. I sent rdeacon a PM about uploading it but he hasn't returned my message yet. There's nothing like that "just walked into the park" feeling.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Sun 10, 2010 12:11 am

stunrut wrote:I have it too. I sent rdeacon a PM about uploading it but he hasn't returned my message yet. There's nothing like that "just walked into the park" feeling.
You might have better luck in getting to rdeacon by going to the chat room. I know he is usually (most of the time) there during the day on monday - friday.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"