Ambient Music

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

parkhopper26
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Ambient Music

Post by parkhopper26 » Jun Sun 08, 2008 11:49 am

My family and I have our next trip to wdw scheduled for this fall to hit the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot.This will be my fisrt trip to wdw since I have discovered "Subsonic Radio" and in the past few months I have experienced and enjoyed so much of the park and resort music on this site I was wondering how much of the ambient music in the parks will now become more noticable and recognizable to me. I am looking forward to hearing the park music while on vacation and also being able to associate alot of the music that I have listened to on "Subsonic" with speciffic parts of the parks. I feel this could really enhance the whole Disney experience and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Sun 08, 2008 12:31 pm

You'll recognize some of it. Some of the music here is no longer played in WDW. The one place I recognized the music was in the "mall" area behind Spaceship Earth in Epcot. It's the Innoventions area music. You'll definitely recognize some of the ride music as well.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jun Sun 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Sometimes the order of the songs in the loop have changed and you'll be in an area and not recognize any of the music and then all of a sudden a song will come on that you'll know. You won't really be concious of the ambiance music unless a song you know comes on... for me this is usually once in every area - unless I happen to like a certain area and am familiar with all its music. If you don't recognize the song, you'll probably at least be more aware of the syle of music (i.e. Tomorrowland's electronic sounds vrs. Big Thunder's harmonicas and fiddles)

I agree, Innoventions is probably the one area where you'll recognize everything (mostly because its just variations of the same song). Although for me, the music in innoventions was one of the first ambiance loops to stick out to my ear, even before I found subsonic. I really like the parts where they weave "New Horizons" and "Listen to the Land" into the main Innoventions theme, however I'm still waiting to hear that GBBT segemnt with the fireworks.

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Jun Sun 08, 2008 11:35 pm

You'll definitely hear the Innoventions area loop music. I love those loops so much! I also love Stave Church (from Norway). Unfortunately, they don't play it at the church anymore. I checked last year and it was complete silence. :(
[url=http://www.d-cot.com][img]http://www.d-cot.com/images/d-cot_button.png[/img][/url]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Mon 09, 2008 10:56 am

It's kinda funny... I'm the opposite of you guys then. When I go to the parks I notice what I DON'T have. For example, I was searching for MK Space Mountian's 3rd Tunnel track franticly after I visited WDW. It took me a year to find it.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Jun Mon 09, 2008 12:53 pm

I find the attractions music like Sorin, Tea Cups, and such to be the music I recognize the most.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jun Mon 09, 2008 5:55 pm

i have noticed the outside queue music for the indiana jones and now i just cant stop listening to it, I LOVE IT! i hope that subsonic radio is on forever until the end of time...

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Tue 10, 2008 11:10 am

I hope so too. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jun Tue 10, 2008 8:06 pm

During my whole time on the CP and on my most recent trip in May, I notice the BGM more and more. On my last day in the past trip, Lion Sleeps Tonight and I walked around the Tree of Life walking tour just to hear the Tree of Life BGM and to check out the different animals on the tree :) We also tried listening for the Pizzafari music but it wasn't on for some strange reason :(
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Jul Wed 02, 2008 7:40 am

Don't you wish everyone appreciated the music when they are visiting Disney? Like packwingfn walking around the Tree of Life, listening to the music and appreciating the detail on the Tree. I love doing that throughout Disney. Sure, it takes time, but its worth it because you hear and see all the detail and effort Disney puts into the experience!

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jul Thu 31, 2008 3:47 pm

I never consciously noticed the music. But, when I started hearing it on subsonic, it hit me that I did remember hearing it. Now, of course, it's very conscious.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Fri 01, 2008 7:59 am

It's the ambient music of the parks that really got me collecting park music, which ultimately led to me finding SR. I thank the ambient music for helping me find the happiest website on earth.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Cazza and Livvie's Mum
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Aug Sat 02, 2008 5:05 am

I listen to Subsonic just for the music and ride tracks. I love to hear tracks that fill my head with memories, smells, laughter and happy tears.

My kids first trip to WDW will always be assoicated with 'Under the Sea'. We walked up Main Street in almost silence just watching their faces drinking it all in. When we got to the Castle, Under the Sea was playing, the kids were so excited and my son was trembling my daughter cried when she saw the life size characters.

A CM asked us which resort we were staying in and then gave my firightened toddler a balloon as a gift from Donald Duck to cheer her up. She said 'Thank you' to Donald (from a safe distance) as her blew her a kiss and signed her autograph book. We still have the balloon, quite flat and crumpled but she won't part with it.

I love Subsonic it helps keep memories and magic alive. THANK YOU

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Mon 04, 2008 11:48 am

It was the background music that led me to Subsonic. For years I had searched for and downloaded Disney ride tracks, but never could find good background music to listen to while I was at work.

As far as hearing the stuff in the parks I would definitley have to say the coolest is Innoventions. I probably looked like a complete dork humming the tune perfectly and telling my friends that I knew that music like the back of my hand. I can't wait to get back there...1/9/09 hurry up and get here!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

karenj2

Post by karenj2 » Aug Tue 05, 2008 8:18 pm

I've listened to Subsonic for quite a few years, and there are some tracks of background music that I LOVE!! (I couldn't have the regular tracks playing at work, so I requested BGM from Subsonic, and he created it for me and others! Unfortunately, we can't play streaming audio at all any more. :( )

Anyway, the one I love the most & recognize is the music by the fountain in Future World that was composed by Yanni. I just LOVE that! (Of course, I couldn't tell you what the track name is here...) I also love the Main Street music when walking into the MK.

*sigh* only a few more weeks to go 'til I'm there again!!
Karenj2