Moderator: Moderators

Pixar needs to be in one park only

YES Definately
17%
NO its great the way it is
39%
Not quite sure but i'll explain below
6%
some of thes polls suck cause they don't have the choice i would pick...so i'm picking this one
6%
Pixar is great but the theming sucks
33%

Total votes: 18

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Wed 21, 2008 2:16 pm

Think about it, this decade has seen Pixar films doing the best in terms of box office sales and a lot of duds from Disney during the same time period, so it makes sense for the latest attractions to have a Pixar theme.
But just because PIXAR movies are doing well, doesn't mean all the theme park attractions should have the characters retrofitted into them. If Disney movies such as Atlantis and Meet the Robinsons did extremely well, it would still be wrong to incroprate them into the Submarine Voyage or Tomorrowland. The theme parks need to remain seperated from the movies... unless the theme in the area is specifically about the movies (Pixar Studios, Fantasyland).

edit- oh I already said that last part ^^^ :oops:
I leave it in for emphasis because it's something I frimly believe in...

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » May Thu 22, 2008 10:13 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:
The Disney cartoons should be confined to fantasyland. The PIXAR cartoons should be confined to the new Pixar Studios area of DHS. It doesn't matter how good or bad the ride is, the point is that they're just being placed everywhere.
I couldn't agree more! The Nemo ride in Epcot is completely out of place, Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland? What are the Imagineers thinking? (Clue~$$$)

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Fri 23, 2008 4:08 am

I picked Sub's added choice (thanks Sub!). I think Pixar is a fantastic organization and that one of Disney's smartest moves in recent history was to acquire them rather than trying to go head to head.

I don't actually object to the Pixar attractions in principle, and I wouldn't really mind seeing them well integrated into all of the parks. Note the emphasis on well integrated there. I do object to WDI churning out (or being made to churn out) all Pixar, all the time attractions, though I also understand that from the perspective of who's in charge at the moment, and the interest of catering to their financial interests. I have no doubt Pixar merch = cash cow for Disney. I wish there was a way for them to do this and still create original Disney attractions as well, however (and they did with Everest but alas the mountain has been dwarfed lately by Glut o' Pixar attractions).

The chief complaint I have about the way the attractions are placed in the parks is something we've gone round and round about in various threads; to wit, some are plopped down seemingly haphazardly (aka MILF) and some are just lackluster efforts (aka The Seas with Nemo). If they wanted to put MILF in Fantastyland or ToonTown, I'd have no issue with it in the MK. If they wanted to make Nemo not ... well, not lousy, I'd have no real issue with it in the current Epcot. (Really, if it didn't stink, it wouldn't particularly impinge on one's enjoyment of the aquarium.)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]