In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Favorite Resort Restaurant?

Post by GeoffS » Dec Tue 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:We ate at Artist's Pointe last month....it was very good. I had the scallops which were excellent. I have to say though, since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge, it was almost anticlimactic to be eating in our own hotel. haha I think it is always a fun adventure to travel to a different hotel to check out their restaurant and have a unique experience somewhere you've never been or at least aren't currently staying. It was convenient for sure but just walking back up to the room wasn't as much fun as walking around the hotel and checking it out. I know I know...the grass is greener and it would be easy to complain about having to take trains, planes and automobiles to get to dinner, but I do think it is a fun experience to travel to other hotels to dine. :-)
I understand what you are saying ~ although I can see the benefit to being able to simply walk back up to your room after a nice dinner as well :D
Or roll yourself back, depending on how much you ate...

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Dec Wed 11, 2013 9:10 am

Artists' Pointe is amazing... Definitely on my Disney bucket list to try again. That you were staying at WL is a major plus!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Dec Wed 11, 2013 10:41 am

cy1229 wrote:Artists' Pointe is amazing... Definitely on my Disney bucket list to try again. That you were staying at WL is a major plus!!
I'm sure people think I'm crazy for saying this, but I have to admit that Wilderness Lodge didn't do much for me. Not that I didn't think it was a really nice hotel, but the theming just didn't do much for me. And the only quick service was super small and had few options. Maybe I am just spoiled b/c back in June I stayed at the Grand Californian and that is basically the same kind of theming and liked that better. it is great to stay at different resorts to get a feel for the different places though. Love the short bus rides as well and the boat!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sat 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Our new favorite....drum roll.....Cape May! Bdude and I hadn't dined here since 2007. On this past trip we wanted my parent's to experience it. We were all really pleased with the seafood! Delicious!

inkydog
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by inkydog » Jan Sat 11, 2014 9:31 am

I have great memories of dining at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian with my new bride. Great atmosphere, personalized menu and outstanding service. Quiet and intimate - a great change of pace from a hectic day in the park.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Sat 11, 2014 12:47 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Our new favorite....drum roll.....Cape May! Bdude and I hadn't dined here since 2007. On this past trip we wanted my parent's to experience it. We were all really pleased with the seafood! Delicious!

Brain fade.....Where is Cape May located.... :oops: :goofy: Love Seafood.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Our new favorite....drum roll.....Cape May! Bdude and I hadn't dined here since 2007. On this past trip we wanted my parent's to experience it. We were all really pleased with the seafood! Delicious!

Beach Club Resort :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Sat 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks Amy! :D Correcto, Cape May is at the BC! I highly recommend a reservation if you plan to dine there! It's delicious!!!

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Jan Mon 13, 2014 11:06 am

inkydog wrote:I have great memories of dining at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian with my new bride. Great atmosphere, personalized menu and outstanding service. Quiet and intimate - a great change of pace from a hectic day in the park.
A wonderful dining experience. My wife and I did the same! Definitely 5 stars all the way.

Not in-expensive but very much an experience. We took all of our wedding party and guests (very small wedding) to Whispering Canyon for lunch after the wedding and spend less than at V&As for just us! One day we'll go back though!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Alacrity wrote:
inkydog wrote:I have great memories of dining at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian with my new bride. Great atmosphere, personalized menu and outstanding service. Quiet and intimate - a great change of pace from a hectic day in the park.
A wonderful dining experience. My wife and I did the same! Definitely 5 stars all the way.

Not in-expensive but very much an experience. We took all of our wedding party and guests (very small wedding) to Whispering Canyon for lunch after the wedding and spend less than at V&As for just us! One day we'll go back though!
Wow ~ that gives a new perspective on how expensive V&A can be :shock:

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Fri 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Amy wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:

Beach Club Resort :D

Thank you so much.....will have to try. :D :goofy:

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 9:16 am

Love the California Grill. Can't beat the view and the food is fabulous!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Mon 17, 2014 10:55 am

I posted here a few years ago but since then my opinion has changed. I no longer like Chef Mickeys. I ate their way too much lol. My fav now is Cali grill. It's just amazing! The food and amazing view (esp during wishes!). Sanaa is a close second! So yummy!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 17, 2014 1:09 pm

We tend to mostly eat at quick service restaurants rather than sit-downs, but we grabbed lunch at Beaches n' Cream (not exactly a fancy place... :lol: ) on this past trip...and it was a first for us. We had never had the pleasure of such a fun little place before and it definitely won't be the last!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 17, 2014 8:22 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We tend to mostly eat at quick service restaurants rather than sit-downs, but we grabbed lunch at Beaches n' Cream (not exactly a fancy place... :lol: ) on this past trip...and it was a first for us. We had never had the pleasure of such a fun little place before and it definitely won't be the last!
I've heard nothing but good things about Beaches n' Cream ~ hoping to try a lunch or a quick snack there on the next trip :D