Favorite Resort Restaurant?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Favorite Resort Restaurant?

Post by Alacrity » Sep Mon 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Belle1082 wrote:I'm also curious of this question, as I'm getting ready to make reservations at Artists Pointe and wondering if it is worth it.
We do have free dining, so that is an added bonus - although AP costs 2 dining points.

Glad to hear so many people like 'Ohana, as that is another place we would like to try. And their dinner dining plan is only one.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, so I'm excited to be closer to the MK resorts.
Anyone know if there is an easy way to get to the MK resorts from the WL? I know you can take a boat to the MK, but wondering other options?
My wife and I enjoy Artist Point as a quieter, more adult restaurant. The food has always been excellent and the service always very good. Quick snacks in the lounge are also durn good. Transportation can be had at the boat dock and the bus stop. There is a boat that goes to Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary. Once at the Contemporary you can then jump on the monorail. There is another boat that goes direct to the MK.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 3:10 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:I'm also curious of this question, as I'm getting ready to make reservations at Artists Pointe and wondering if it is worth it.
We do have free dining, so that is an added bonus - although AP costs 2 dining points.

Glad to hear so many people like 'Ohana, as that is another place we would like to try. And their dinner dining plan is only one.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, so I'm excited to be closer to the MK resorts.
Anyone know if there is an easy way to get to the MK resorts from the WL? I know you can take a boat to the MK, but wondering other options?
I can't address the transportation issue as we've either ridden the boat or taken a bus. Buses are good, they're not usually crowded.

We ate at Artist's Point in 2001, on the dining plan, when the dining plan was new, included pretty much any restaurant as a meal credit, and included the gratuity! We had an EXCELLENT meal. One of the best I've ever had on Disney property. I haven't been there since so you might want to check reviews online. Many of the Disney fan sites have reviews. AllEars.net has reviews, for one.
Thanks for the tip! I definitely need to take another look at the menus. I'm glad that buses aren't usually crowded! Nice to have transportation options. :mickey:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sat 05, 2013 8:04 am

Allears.net is an awesome site for restaurant info. They have all the updated menues. And they usualy tell you if it a 1 or 2 credit establishment for the dining plan. :D

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:29 am

Goofyfan wrote:Allears.net is an awesome site for restaurant info. They have all the updated menues. And they usualy tell you if it a 1 or 2 credit establishment for the dining plan. :D
This is an EXCELLENT website and I use it all of the time. The info is usually up to date and consistent.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 05, 2013 4:59 pm

laurie5658 wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:Allears.net is an awesome site for restaurant info. They have all the updated menues. And they usualy tell you if it a 1 or 2 credit establishment for the dining plan. :D
This is an EXCELLENT website and I use it all of the time. The info is usually up to date and consistent.
I always forget about this website ~ it really is a good one to use. I just popped over and double checked that they include the DL resort and they do ~ time to take a gander at some of the menus of the restaurants out there :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Sign up for the AllEars.net newsletter, too. It keeps you up-to-date, and you can skim through the stuff you don't want to read, then recycle the electrons.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:18 pm

cy1229 wrote:Sign up for the AllEars.net newsletter, too. It keeps you up-to-date, and you can skim through the stuff you don't want to read, then recycle the electrons.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:13 am

cy1229 wrote:Sign up for the AllEars.net newsletter, too. It keeps you up-to-date, and you can skim through the stuff you don't want to read, then recycle the electrons.

LOL!!! Weekly newsletter arrives on Tuesdays and another on Thursday. Loaded with good info to include Closings and refurbs. Love the site. :D :goofy:

TammieLOnuschak
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by TammieLOnuschak » Oct Mon 14, 2013 3:32 pm

There are so many to choose from but I think The Polynesian has the best for me. O'hana and Kona Café are two of my favorites.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sat 26, 2013 8:11 am

Amy wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And on Thursday's, you can check to see if you won a coffee mug... :shock: :goofy: :wink: :lol:

Big Kahuna
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Big Kahuna » Dec Sat 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Ohana then my second would be Trails End.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Dec Sun 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Big Kahuna wrote:Ohana then my second would be Trails End.
Where is Trails End? How have I missed this one?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Dec Sun 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Fort Wilderness. "Rustic" buffet.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Dec Mon 09, 2013 10:20 am

We ate at Artist's Pointe last month....it was very good. I had the scallops which were excellent. I have to say though, since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge, it was almost anticlimactic to be eating in our own hotel. haha I think it is always a fun adventure to travel to a different hotel to check out their restaurant and have a unique experience somewhere you've never been or at least aren't currently staying. It was convenient for sure but just walking back up to the room wasn't as much fun as walking around the hotel and checking it out. I know I know...the grass is greener and it would be easy to complain about having to take trains, planes and automobiles to get to dinner, but I do think it is a fun experience to travel to other hotels to dine. :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 09, 2013 11:07 am

Belle1082 wrote:We ate at Artist's Pointe last month....it was very good. I had the scallops which were excellent. I have to say though, since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge, it was almost anticlimactic to be eating in our own hotel. haha I think it is always a fun adventure to travel to a different hotel to check out their restaurant and have a unique experience somewhere you've never been or at least aren't currently staying. It was convenient for sure but just walking back up to the room wasn't as much fun as walking around the hotel and checking it out. I know I know...the grass is greener and it would be easy to complain about having to take trains, planes and automobiles to get to dinner, but I do think it is a fun experience to travel to other hotels to dine. :-)
I understand what you are saying ~ although I can see the benefit to being able to simply walk back up to your room after a nice dinner as well :D