Favorite Resort Restaurant?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Favorite Resort Restaurant?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:33 am

I really have to remedy the fact that I haven't eaten at many resort restaurants at all! The ones I have are, Trails End @ Ft. Wilderness, Hurricane Hannas @ Beach Club, and I've had Spoodles pizza, (which was really great I might add), and plenty @ the food court in Carribean Beach Resort back in 1996...and all the food there @ the time was fantastic! The ones I would REALLY love to try are:

Cape May Cafe
O'hana
Flying Fish
Artist Point
Wispering Canyon Cafe
Chef Mickey's
California Grill

I really need to get on this :hatter_bounce:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Feb Fri 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Visited the Yachtsman for the first time this trip, as Soarin has stated the fillet was really good and the Tomney reserve wine that went with it was sooooooooo smooth.
It will take something outstanding to beat the California Grill though.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sat 16, 2013 8:23 am

There are so many good ones out there. A fun goal would be to try every Restaurant on Disney property. that would take some time but would be a lot of fun trying. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 16, 2013 9:31 am

Goofyfan wrote:There are so many good ones out there. A fun goal would be to try every Restaurant on Disney property. that would take some time but would be a lot of fun trying. :D :goofy:
Oh my goodness, you would definitely have to live locally to take on that challenge! And maybe win the lottery so you could afford to eat in all the restaurants :shock: :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sat 16, 2013 9:41 am

Amy wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:There are so many good ones out there. A fun goal would be to try every Restaurant on Disney property. that would take some time but would be a lot of fun trying. :D :goofy:
Oh my goodness, you would definitely have to live locally to take on that challenge! And maybe win the lottery so you could afford to eat in all the restaurants :shock: :lol:
I'm working on that myself, but receiving discounts on meals as well as living here indeed does help. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 16, 2013 9:42 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:
I'm working on that myself, but receiving discounts on meals as well as living here indeed does help. :)
Plus you are getting to meet lots of awesome people while dining your way around the world...lucky!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 11:55 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:I have to say, off topic a bit, that the food at WDW has been very good,regardless of where you eat.I live near Busch Gardens in va. and the food there isn't nearly as good as it is at WDW.I thought the first time we went we'd be treated to food like that of busch, so I was VERY surprised to have such a great selection of foods that actually taste great!! Disney does it right!! :mickey:
I remember going to Six Flags about ten years ago and even back then, the food was more expensive even than Disney. I remember it cost $8 just for a drink and a side order of French fries. :shock: I've never had a problem with Disney food, even down to the chicken nuggets or burgers.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Mon 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:

That is awesome.... Come on retirement......I need to move to Florida. :D :goofy: ....... Only about 3/4 way down the yellow brick road. :( :goofy:

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Feb Mon 25, 2013 10:26 pm

My wife and I were incredibly impressed with O'Hana when we were there last month. The food was phenomenal and it was actually one of the cheaper dinners we had the week we were there. If I remember it was only around $36 a person. compared to a similar experience at Fogo del Chao you pay $50 per. and that's not at Disney! The whole atmosphere was great. I would say that and Brown Derby were my two favorite meals at the parks. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » May Mon 06, 2013 6:49 am

1. Jiko
2. California Grill
3. Yachtsman
4. Boma
5. Kona Cafe

sfein

Post by sfein » May Thu 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Cosmic Rays

Yes it is a fast food place. But I love listening to Sunny and I think the burgers are best there. Plus you can stroll out and see the castle all lit up at night.

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » May Fri 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Jiko, hands down for us!

And regarding the price of food at WDW compared to other parks...at least with regards to quick service, Disney is so much better, both in terms of quality, and the price given the higher quality.

Was at Hersheypark last year and was seeing prices in the range of $15 for ribs at quick service (i can't recall exactly...) and fries, burgers, hot dogs were MORE expensive than at Disney and definitely not as good.

Was at Six Flags Gurnee last year too. Not even CLOSE in terms or price OR quality. Ridiculous prices and I was throwing most of my food away. And I am not picky.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Tue 17, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm also curious of this question, as I'm getting ready to make reservations at Artists Pointe and wondering if it is worth it.
We do have free dining, so that is an added bonus - although AP costs 2 dining points.

Glad to hear so many people like 'Ohana, as that is another place we would like to try. And their dinner dining plan is only one.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, so I'm excited to be closer to the MK resorts.
Anyone know if there is an easy way to get to the MK resorts from the WL? I know you can take a boat to the MK, but wondering other options?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Sun 22, 2013 11:20 am

Belle1082 wrote:I'm also curious of this question, as I'm getting ready to make reservations at Artists Pointe and wondering if it is worth it.
We do have free dining, so that is an added bonus - although AP costs 2 dining points.

Glad to hear so many people like 'Ohana, as that is another place we would like to try. And their dinner dining plan is only one.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, so I'm excited to be closer to the MK resorts.
Anyone know if there is an easy way to get to the MK resorts from the WL? I know you can take a boat to the MK, but wondering other options?
I can't address the transportation issue as we've either ridden the boat or taken a bus. Buses are good, they're not usually crowded.

We ate at Artist's Point in 2001, on the dining plan, when the dining plan was new, included pretty much any restaurant as a meal credit, and included the gratuity! We had an EXCELLENT meal. One of the best I've ever had on Disney property. I haven't been there since so you might want to check reviews online. Many of the Disney fan sites have reviews. AllEars.net has reviews, for one.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Mon 23, 2013 11:13 am

It's the same thing at New Hampshire Speedway as at Six Flags. Burger, Fries, Drink = BYE BYE $20.00. :x :goofy: