In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite Resort Restaurant?

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 27, 2012 1:34 pm

cy1229 wrote:
kcarts wrote:I'm going to be arriving in WDW a day before my friends arrive. Thinking about a nice steak that first night. Can't decide between Yachtsman and Le Cellier. Any thoughts....
My answer depends on whether you are planning on being there an entire day before your friends, and therefore would have an additional day on your park ticket, or not. :) In other words, I don't think I would add the expense of another day to my ticket if it was just to go to Le Cellier. I don't know about the Yachtsman quality, but I do know that when I ate at Le Cellier in 2008 it was amazing and when we ate there in 2010 it was just plain good.

This probably doesn't help one iota, does it? :)
Good point though. Can you eat inside the parks without having a park ticket for that day? Reservations probably aren't enough are they or people would simply making dining ressies and not buy tickets...

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Nov Wed 28, 2012 8:04 am

cy1229 wrote:
kcarts wrote:I'm going to be arriving in WDW a day before my friends arrive. Thinking about a nice steak that first night. Can't decide between Yachtsman and Le Cellier. Any thoughts....
My answer depends on whether you are planning on being there an entire day before your friends, and therefore would have an additional day on your park ticket, or not. :) In other words, I don't think I would add the expense of another day to my ticket if it was just to go to Le Cellier. I don't know about the Yachtsman quality, but I do know that when I ate at Le Cellier in 2008 it was amazing and when we ate there in 2010 it was just plain good.

Absolutely it helps! If I read between the lines here I think you're suggesting Le Cellier, just not at the expense of having to waste a day on my park ticket.

That wont be a problem. I am on an early flight from Boston so I should (weather permitting) be all checked in and at a park by noon. Anywho.... I made ADRs at both places for Jan 9. Just have to remember to cancel one of them the day before!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 28, 2012 9:41 am

kcarts wrote:
cy1229 wrote:

Absolutely it helps! If I read between the lines here I think you're suggesting Le Cellier, just not at the expense of having to waste a day on my park ticket.
That's precisely what I meant. But someone who's been to Yachtsman as well as LeCellier might have another opinion. Since you're already going to go to a park by noon, you may as well go ahead and eat right there. And don't neglect the cheddar soup! It's soooo good!
kcarts wrote:That wont be a problem. I am on an early flight from Boston so I should (weather permitting) be all checked in and at a park by noon. Anywho.... I made ADRs at both places for Jan 9. Just have to remember to cancel one of them the day before!
We've been home a little over a month now, and I'm already itching to go back! I hope you have a great time!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Dec Sun 30, 2012 8:11 pm

cy1229: Don't blame you. Can never get enough.... :D :goofy:

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jan Tue 22, 2013 2:36 pm

As a follow up, I went with the Yachtsman. It was very good. Nothing spectacular, but very good. Told my friend about it when he arrived and we ended up going there later in the week. It's just a solid place that has very good steaks. The apps left a little to be desired but the main courses were very good.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 22, 2013 7:34 pm

kcarts wrote:As a follow up, I went with the Yachtsman. It was very good. Nothing spectacular, but very good. Told my friend about it when he arrived and we ended up going there later in the week. It's just a solid place that has very good steaks. The apps left a little to be desired but the main courses were very good.
What did you have for appetizers? I've heard very good things about the steaks at the Yachtsman. Did you have ressies or were you able to walk-up?

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jan Wed 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Amy wrote:
kcarts wrote:As a follow up, I went with the Yachtsman. It was very good. Nothing spectacular, but very good. Told my friend about it when he arrived and we ended up going there later in the week. It's just a solid place that has very good steaks. The apps left a little to be desired but the main courses were very good.
What did you have for appetizers? I've heard very good things about the steaks at the Yachtsman. Did you have ressies or were you able to walk-up?

First night I made an ADR about a month and half ahead of time. Second night which was a Monday night, my friend's wife called around 6 and we were able to get in at 8:15 or so. Both nights there was a brisk business but it was far from full. And as a side note, they don't enforce the dress code. At all. I went business casual but there were people there in jeans and t shirts. I even saw a pair of flip flops or two. I understand not wanting to turn away business but if you're not going to enforce the dress code just do away with it. I had read here and on other boards that they were lax with the dress code so it wasn't a real surprise.

As for the aps.... they were very tasty. I guess my issue was with the portion size. And now giving it second thought.... I guess that shouldn't have come as a surprise. I got the lobster bisque the first night. Very tasty. Had some nice chunks of lobster in it. The second time we went I got the Nantucket Bay Scallops. It was somewhat of a seafood stew. Again, very tasty. But for $19.00, I was expecting a little bit more.

The steaks were outstanding. I would not hesitate to go there again. Those were 100% worth it! Oh, and the two or three Sam Adams Whitewater IPAs at the Crew's Cup before hand were very nice as well!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Hmmm, that is curious about the dress code. It does seem like they would be a bit stricter if they have one in place.
Wow ~ $19 for an appetizer?! :shock:

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jan Wed 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Amy wrote:Hmmm, that is curious about the dress code. It does seem like they would be a bit stricter if they have one in place.
Exactly. On both points. I thought the same thing on the appetizer. But then I thought: "Kev, you're on vacation. You only come here once every two or three years. Don't look at the price!" :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 23, 2013 5:11 pm

kcarts wrote:
Amy wrote:Hmmm, that is curious about the dress code. It does seem like they would be a bit stricter if they have one in place.
Exactly. On both points. I thought the same thing on the appetizer. But then I thought: "Kev, you're on vacation. You only come here once every two or three years. Don't look at the price!" :lol:
Yeah, I try to do that, and it is good to be able to let go a bit on vacation, but at a certain point, my mind just won't budge :roll: One day I hope to have a better paying, more secure income, and then I can do that!

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jan Thu 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Took me a while to just ignore the prices of things when I visit there. I still do when looking at shirts and souvenirs. But not food and drink. I'm going there and I'm going to enjoy myself and eat and drink what I want! Dammit! :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Fri 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Mousekecouple and I were at Yachtsman last Friday! :) I'm not a huge steak person (I eat them maybe a few times a year) but the filet mignon was wonderful! M-dude got a side of the truffle mac and cheese and I got a side of the sauteed mushrooms and I swear.... phenomenal.

Nice bar, too.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jan Sat 26, 2013 8:01 am

I have to say, off topic a bit, that the food at WDW has been very good,regardless of where you eat.I live near Busch Gardens in va. and the food there isn't nearly as good as it is at WDW.I thought the first time we went we'd be treated to food like that of busch, so I was VERY surprised to have such a great selection of foods that actually taste great!! Disney does it right!! :mickey:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:02 am

I, too, think the food at WDW is very good all around. It's a rare occasion that I have something truly awful. In fact, I can't think of the last time.

I find it interesting that we're all talking about WDW resort restaurants, and I don't see any DLR restaurants listed, even though several have been there and they do have restaurants in their resorts. Len had said the food at DLR isn't as good as WDW.

So, is the trade-off for a cleaner, better-maintained park at DLR that their food isn't as good? I don't know... just musing.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:22 am

cy1229 wrote:I, too, think the food at WDW is very good all around. It's a rare occasion that I have something truly awful. In fact, I can't think of the last time.

I find it interesting that we're all talking about WDW resort restaurants, and I don't see any DLR restaurants listed, even though several have been there and they do have restaurants in their resorts. Len had said the food at DLR isn't as good as WDW.

So, is the trade-off for a cleaner, better-maintained park at DLR that their food isn't as good? I don't know... just musing.
I would guess part of the reason WDW is more known for their restaurants is that there are so many more of them at WDW than there are at DL. Plus, guests at WDW stay for longer periods than they do at DL, so they can experience more of the food.