Cast member jokes

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Cast member jokes

Post by rodders » Apr Thu 17, 2008 9:46 am

I was just listening to the jungle cruise and actually did LOL to one of the jokes. I do love the corny jokes that the CMs make but they usually just raise a smile. That's fine though, I think it makes the ride. One thing that he just said was great:-
"The Amazon River, it's the longest river in Anaheim" :lol:
That tickled me and got me thinking, what other CM jokes do people like from this and other rides?
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Thu 17, 2008 2:47 pm

I used to like it when they would point out all the baboons by name: Pat Baboon, Debbie Baboon...

I know it's tradition but I am really sick of hearing the "back side of water" joke. That is so lame I just about cringe in anticipation.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Thu 17, 2008 6:25 pm

The last time I was on Jungle Cruise, the skipper (Sean) had us all laughing. Some of the jokes I've never heard before. When the boat was in that tunnel and they have an honorary skipper, he began singing the lyrics to that song Willy Wonka sings as they head down the river in the film.

I also like the last joke where, "if you enjoyed the ride, this is the world famous Jungle Cruise and my name is___, if not, then my name is___ and this has been It's a Small World."
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Thu 17, 2008 10:53 pm

I like the end of one of the Jungle Cruise tracks on here (Holly, I think it is?) when she says, as the guests exit, they should:

"Please lower your head and watch your step. If you miss your step and hit your head, please lower your voice and watch your language." Cracks me up every time. :mrgreen:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Mon 21, 2008 10:21 am

There's a joke, that wasn't supposed to be made but got recorded on a live Monorail track we have here. The automated recording says something like "and now your Monorail driver has a few things to say" then the driver gets on the microphone and says, "and now, a moment of silence".

I always laugh at that.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Apr Tue 22, 2008 4:17 pm

DisBeamer wrote:I like the end of one of the Jungle Cruise tracks on here (Holly, I think it is?) when she says, as the guests exit, they should:

"Please lower your head and watch your step. If you miss your step and hit your head, please lower your voice and watch your language." Cracks me up every time. :mrgreen:
That is really good, i don't think I've ever caught that one before and I really like it :)

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Tue 22, 2008 5:11 pm

subsonic wrote:There's a joke, that wasn't supposed to be made but got recorded on a live Monorail track we have here. The automated recording says something like "and now your Monorail driver has a few things to say" then the driver gets on the microphone and says, "and now, a moment of silence".

I always laugh at that.
I think it's actually something like "And now your driver would like to share a few words." and the guy goes "And these are my few words" and then doesn't say anything as the joke starts to dawn on people.

Classic.

My favorite JC joke:

Near the beginning of the ride, when travelling through mists that kind of signify the beginning of your journey, I've had skippers say something along the lines of "See all this mist? It's not mist, it's actually ebola virus. You might want to hold your breath."

I love dark humor.
~Steve

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Apr Tue 22, 2008 5:53 pm

I love the JC track with Kevin... he's got some good ones, like thanking the state of CA work release program. And DisBeamer's comment about Holly's JC and "watch your step"--- I like the beginning of it, too, where the guests are loading and she's talking to another CM. It's kind of quiet, but funny!

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » Apr Tue 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I also like the last joke where, "if you enjoyed the ride, this is the world famous Jungle Cruise and my name is___, if not, then my name is___ and this has been It's a Small World."
This is also one of my favorites! Makes me laugh every time!

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Apr Tue 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Hearing this has assured that my wife will never want to ride the Jungle Cruise. Now my daughter would read this and say "Dad, sounds like our kind of humor, Lets ride it several times"

My wifes favorite saying is "All the things that you find charming and lovable when you first meet him are the things that drive you nuts once your married to him."
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Wed 23, 2008 5:27 am

These are all great - the best ride we ever had on JC was when we had a dude whose Japanese accent was so thick one could barely understand what he said. He laughed at his corny jokes which no one understood just because of the language barrier, but he had such great personality that he had everyone in the boat rip roaring in laughter from his contagious personality. Best ride ever on JC.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Wed 23, 2008 7:40 am

DisBeamer wrote:I like the end of one of the Jungle Cruise tracks on here (Holly, I think it is?) when she says, as the guests exit, they should:

ME TOO! I think her spiel is my fav one of the JC ride!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Wed 23, 2008 7:09 pm

I'll have to listen to it again when I get back home in about 1 1/2 weeks, but I have a recording of the JC at WDW with Jack (I recorded it in December 2006) that has some REALLY funny quotes in it. I was surprised at how often I was actually laughing.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Wed 23, 2008 7:13 pm

I thought of another JC one I haven't heard in a long time.

At the end of the ride the skipper would say "I'd like to leave you all with some words my father said to me on my 18th birthday: 'The free ride's over. Get out!'"
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

garyman

Post by garyman » Jun Fri 20, 2008 4:25 pm

I like that tigers can jump 25 feet! Oh don't worry we are only 15 feet away, they will jump right over us. :ariel: :roll: :oops:

Never to old for Disney!